What's new

Iran's Options

Iran doesn't have nuclear capability yet. They could fake one only to fool the public. However, the US mil and others would know it's a hoax due to their radiation aircraft etc.
Just do a missile attack and call it a day. Problem is the US response will be deadly.

Sir iran finished nuclear weapon research in 2003.

Iran has IR-6 technology which means 100 centrifuges are equal to 2500 IR-1 technology. 200 IR can enrich enough uranium in 6-9 months for at couple nuclear weapons.

Iran if the order is given can detonate a nuclear bomb low kt yield within 3-6 months. That is in line with intelligence estimates. Historically intelligence estimates have been very wrong (see Pakistan going nuclear and Israel going nuclear).

There's no getting around it whatsoever. Iran is in a hard position, a damned if you damned if you don't type of scenario.

They wanna destroy Iran regardless Iran's position on the nuclear proliferation.

No need to keep restraining yourself in a rule that won't even be abided by your enemy.

I believe that Iran would join the nuclear club in 2014-2015 if it wasn't the dovish Rouhani government.

What Iran needs is the 13000 KM ICBM that can carry multiple MIRV miniaturized nuclear warheads.

Without a sword to protect yourself, they will squeeze you even harder.
Let's assume that Iran is currently in possession of 100 nuclear warheads. Is that enough to enter a nuclear war with the United States? Nope.

I agree that it will improve Iran's deterrence. But it won't give Iran full immunity against the United States or her bullying.

No, I think our sentiments about Iran's missile stockpile are in line but the suggestion of the 82nd airborne being used would be under the pretext that the situation has deteriorated enough and U.S. and Iran are practically at war at that point so taking the Islands would be a possibility. This is what was told to me in my exchange with my other Iranian friends, it isn't my own suggestion mind you.

Huge escalation.

Trump doesn’t mind smacking each other in the face, but he doesn’t want war not in election year. Afterwards he will be more open to it.

Iran doesn't have nuclear capability yet. They could fake one only to fool the public. However, the US mil and others would know it's a hoax due to their radiation aircraft etc.
Just do a missile attack and call it a day. Problem is the US response will be deadly.

I would imagine the Iranians leadership is fully aware of whatever fallout will ensue from just Iranian retaliation.

Iran can get in good damage against U.S. assets within a short time frame and keep up the firing for quite a while if it gets that bad though. People seem to just focus on U.S. power whilst marginalizing Iranian capabilities which are quite varied.

Let's assume that Iran is currently in possession of 100 nuclear warheads. Is that enough to enter a nuclear war with the United States? Nope.

I agree that it will improve Iran's deterrence. But it won't give Iran full immunity against the United States or her bullying.

Deterrence is established immed. history is proof. With Iranian nuclear umbrella, every strike on iran and iran backed militias will have to be carefully assessed. That is why Israel doesn’t want Iran to have the bomb.

Iran with the bomb can then expand with impunity.

Nuclear bombs are not for use, they are a symbol of power that you cannot be pushed around.

They wanna destroy Iran regardless Iran's position on the nuclear proliferation.

No need to keep restraining yourself in a rule that won't even be abided by your enemy.

I believe that Iran would join the nuclear club in 2014-2015 if it wasn't the dovish Rouhani government.

Hindsight being 20/20, you're completely correct. Iran was seemingly honey potted by the JCPOA under an Iranian administration so hell bent on believing that the U.S. and international community, namely the Europeans, would be able to keep their word but what we see today is all in spite of that.

Iran can launch a war against America in the Middle East and it can rush to get a bomb as well but the morning after all that is said is done is what worries me.

The primary opponents of the US are China and Russia.

Iran as a secondary opponent can have a reliable nuclear deterrence against the US will already make them think twice.

The US cannot go in a nuclear war solely with Iran when left its largest opponent unchecked.

Deterrence is established immed. history is proof. With Iranian nuclear umbrella, every strike on iran and iran backed militias will have to be carefully assessed. That is why Israel doesn’t want Iran to have the bomb.

Iran with the bomb can then expand with impunity.

Nuclear bombs are not for use, they are a symbol of power that you cannot be pushed around.
Russia is a nuclear power and it is far ahead of us in military technology. That hasn't prevented the US from attacking Russian forces in Syria.

I get your point. Nuclear deterrence is absolutely necessary. But it won't be useful in conflicts like this type of tit for tat escalations.

Russia is a nuclear power and it is far ahead of us in military technology. That hasn't prevented the US from attacking Russian forces in Syria.

I get your point. Nuclear deterrence is absolutely necessary. But it won't be useful in conflicts like this type of tit for tat escalations.

Agreed, there are some kinetic options at the disposable fo Nuclear states conflicting against each other within reason.

The primary opponents of the US are China and Russia.

Iran as a secondary opponent can have a reliable nuclear deterrence against the US will already make them think twice.

The US cannot go in a nuclear war solely with Iran when left its largest opponent unchecked.
Yes. The US won't be able to go into a nuclear war with Iran over political differences. That's guaranteed. But it won't prevent the US from escalations like this either.

I am all for Iran going nuclear. But even if Iran had nuclear missiles now, the outcome of this current standoff would not be different even slightly.

US has never attacked official Russian forces in Syria.

They attacked the equivalent of blackwater Mercenaries that were on contract with the SAA.

Yes. The US won't be able to go into a nuclear war with Iran over political differences. That's guaranteed. But it won't prevent the US from escalations like this either.

I am all for Iran going nuclear. But even if Iran had nuclear missiles now, the outcome of this current standoff would not be different even slightly.

If Iran had the bomb, 100% the US would not have assassinated Solemani.

Hindsight being 20/20, you're completely correct. Iran was seemingly honey potted by the JCPOA under an Iranian administration so hell bent on believing that the U.S. and international community, namely the Europeans, would be able to keep their word but what we see today is all in spite of that.

Iran can launch a war against America in the Middle East and it can rush to get a bomb as well but the morning after all that is said is done is what worries me.

The Rouhani government had also done a lot of things to harm China's interests.

Not only kicking the Chinese companies out of Iran after obtaining a deal with the Obama admin, also to act as a whistleblower to the US about the secret cooperation between Huawei and Iran.

US has never attacked official Russian forces in Syria.

They attacked the equivalent of blackwater Mercenaries that were on contract with the SAA.

If Iran had the bomb, 100% the US would not have assassinated Solemani.

Didn't Turkey, a non-nuclear NATO member, shoot down two Russian jets a year ago or two? What was Russia's reaction to that? That's also a declaration of war. And Russia is fully capable of turning Turkey into ashes.

You can't tell that for sure. We are dealing with an idiot in the White House that takes pride in being unpredictable.

Look at NK, at least they are staying in a more secured position than Iran.

Back
Top Bottom