What's new

Iranian Version of RQ-170 Drone Makes Maiden Flight

Iran lacks the proper satellite to control drones, genius.thats why antenna is used.
you are trolling now.

Meh....Wonder if you ever heard about LOS data link... ?

There is a reason why UAV's position their data link receiver beneath fuselage.

predator_2[1].jpg

20120602104345_0[1].jpg

Hint: It is related with LOS data link

And some guy in this thread...said that it has 1800 km operational range.... as if you can control the UAV from that distance with a simple RF antenna.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing flying in Syria is small joke. You can see that by fast movement compare to clouds and cirlular RC toy trajectory. Poor Assad still lacks any normal UAVs, no wonder that IS raided Shaer TWISE without loyalist notice.

You may want to compare vids of S-129 and US drones spotted above Syria lately. No difference in size when filmed from such distance.

Meh....Wonder if you ever heard about LOS data link... ?

There is a reason why UAV's position their data link receiver beneath fuselage.

View attachment 150533

20120602104345_0.jpg

Hint: It is related with LOS data link

And some guy in this thread...said that it has 1800 km operational range.... as if you can control the UAV from that distance with a simple RF antenna.
I am realy glad that you did some studying before posting and for your information,no I didn't know what LOS stands for:lol:.
what matters if that antenna is positioned vertically ?would you please explain it to me?

And what if we have several stations inside Iraq and Syria to support the missions?who knows... Maybe we will have a sat, one day.

@haman10
sorry.....Stopped

Last edited:
I am realy glad that you did some studying before posting and for your information,no I didn't know what LOS stands for.
what matters if that antenna is positioned vertically ?would you please explain it to me?

I studied this subject before.... when SSM decided to go for SATCOM in ANKA. I wondered and done a research...

First of all; UAV is flown by an operator from inside the GCS via a C-band LOS datalink or a Ku-band satellite datalink for beyond line-of-sight flight ( GCS= Ground Control Station)

LOS stands for "Line of sight", as for that reason you place the receiver under the UAV to not break the line of sight.

If you are more interested i suggest you to study this source.
https://info.publicintelligence.net/JSC-04-066.pdf

Edit: Also that RF antenna is not a LOS datalink. So they don't need to place it under the fuselage. But it simply gives you the operational range of an RC toy.....

If you wanna discuss ANKA, you are welcome in the Turkish section... not go off-topic here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time when they reveal ther top secret uav , they have always pity foking bad pictures and video.

This is not funny for Iranians, so they have to prove that the rc uav is for real...

I want to introduce a breathtaking moment in history of mankind, an unbelievable genius way introduced by @500 to measure wingspan of a UAV, notice you may get a heart attack after fully understanding this supernatural method, don't say I didn't warn you.

@500:

View attachment 150486
View attachment 150488

And here's @rahi2357 answer to this extraterrestrial method:

View attachment 150506

View attachment 150505

I don't understand your trolling against 500.
I thought you already had enough brain as a sharif alumni, to understand that joke size is obviously about 30-40% tops of the size of RQ-170, and it is obviously a RC, which has used an antenna for its control, which makes it impossible to be used in the announced range. Also, I thought you already know such antenna makes it impossible for such thing to be stealthy.
BTW, as a mod, you needed to post your reply in the appropriate thread, unless you knew you were going off-topic and trolling.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom