What's new

Official: 90 Countries Seeking to Purchase Iranian Drones

Official: 90 Countries Seeking to Purchase Iranian Drones​

14011024000472_Test_PhotoN.jpg

TEHRAN (FNA)- An advisor to Iran’s Intelligence Ministry underlined the country's high capability in the production of various types of Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), and said 90 countries are seeking to obtain Tehran-made drones.

“Ninety countries seek to buy Iran-made drones, and Westerners and the arrogant countries cannot tolerate this,” an advisor to Iran’s intelligence minister stated on Wednesday while addressing a local ceremony in Qazvin.
Today, Western states, the US, and the Israeli regime cannot stand Iran’s “defense might” in the region, he added.
The remarks come as a recently-published article in the American National Interest magazine acknowledged that decades-long US sanctions against Iran have failed to disrupt its drone program.
Back in late December, Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Baqeri underscored that Iran will proceed with its plans to promote its drone capabilities and will cooperate with other countries in the drone industry to meet the country’s needs.
The top commander stressed that Iran is among the world’s top five powers in the unmanned aerial vehicles industry, adding Iran-made drones can carry out various missions with great accuracy and flight endurance.

The Islamic Republic’s military doctrine holds that the country’s armed capability solely serves defensive purposes.
Tehran has in recent years gained significant progress in developing surveillance and combat drones. Iranian military officials announce that the country stands among the world's top states manufacturing UAVs.
Military officials say Tehran is self-sufficient in building drones from their fuselage to various subsystems and engines, adding the country’s Armed Forces are equipped and ready to carry out any type of drone operations and missions.
Iranian officials have repeatedly stressed that the country will not hesitate to boost its military capabilities, including its missile and drone power, which are entirely meant for defense, and that Iran’s defense capabilities will never be subject to negotiation.

Good news.

Iran's UAV should use the Beidou Global Navigation System.

Yeah I said that in previous posts, you just have to go back from the beginning of the thread. My biggest bones with the article mainly is the 15000, I don’t have any actual real numbers but I don’t think America and all European countries combined would have that amount in their stockpile that’s why it seems far fetched, China wishing to purchase a few examples I can see that.
If Iran replaces GPS with Beidou. I believe China will buy Iranian drones.

Good start

Thanks for asking :)

These countries are known for their interest based on either Iranian claim or claims of their adversaries.

1. Iran ( different branches of military and civilian institutions )
2. Iraq ( Iran )
3. Syria ( Iran )
4. Yemen ( SA )
5. Tajikistan ( Iran )
6. Russia ( Iran )
7. Belarus ( Ukraine )
8. Somalia ( Israel )
9. China ( Iran )
10. Venezuela ( Iran )
11. Algeria ( Iran )
12. Armenia ( Iran )
13. Serbia ( Iran )
14. Lebanon ( Iran )

Population for only these countries will make up to close 1/3 of world's population.

@certain concerned users :) Don't be this guy

View attachment 918929
"For example, it is already known that Iranian defence electronics company Salran signed an agreement in October 2015 with Chinese defence and aerospace companies to start using BeiDou satellite positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) equipment on Iranian missiles, UAV’s, and other military capabilities that in turn will improve their accuracy, effectiveness, and lethality. Analysts in the Middle East and the West are aware of significant modernisation efforts underway in Iran on a range of its weapon systems, and there are growing signs that Tehran is looking at shifting away from its purely defensive military doctrine to one that will increasingly use offensive systems for the purpose of coercion."

I hope that Iranian friends can reduce some misunderstandings about the modern world.

﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

"Iran is thought to be interested in acquiring China’s Chengdu J10B 3rd generation fighter jets, as well as Chinese unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), ant-ship cruise missiles, submarines, and perhaps also a license for Iran to manufacture the Chinese MBT 2000 or even the MBT 3000 tank.
Often not mentioned in discussions about Sino-Iranian military and intelligence cooperation, however, are the actual and potential areas of collaboration in national security space."

I believe that Iranian friends just have some misunderstandings. They may just want to make some advertising.

Last edited:
"For example, it is already known that Iranian defence electronics company Salran signed an agreement in October 2015 with Chinese defence and aerospace companies to start using BeiDou satellite positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) equipment on Iranian missiles, UAV’s, and other military capabilities that in turn will improve their accuracy, effectiveness, and lethality. Analysts in the Middle East and the West are aware of significant modernisation efforts underway in Iran on a range of its weapon systems, and there are growing signs that Tehran is looking at shifting away from its purely defensive military doctrine to one that will increasingly use offensive systems for the purpose of coercion."

I hope that Iranian friends can reduce some misunderstandings about the modern world.

﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

"Iran is thought to be interested in acquiring China’s Chengdu J10B 3rd generation fighter jets, as well as Chinese unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), ant-ship cruise missiles, submarines, and perhaps also a license for Iran to manufacture the Chinese MBT 2000 or even the MBT 3000 tank.
Often not mentioned in discussions about Sino-Iranian military and intelligence cooperation, however, are the actual and potential areas of collaboration in national security space."

I believe that Iranian friends just have some misunderstandings. They may just want to make some advertising.
Well my last reply for today, either way fact or fiction or whatever I think China would get some valuable insight one way or the other. China hasn’t been in a real war in decades, I’m sure they would probably get valuable insight from the Iranians. First hand knowledge about what works and doesn’t work in a conflict, signing off.

Well my last reply for today, either way fact or fiction or whatever I think China would get some valuable insight one way or the other. China hasn’t been in a real war in decades, I’m sure they would probably get valuable insight from the Iranians. First hand knowledge about what works and doesn’t work in a conflict, signing off.
how? Don't want to admit these facts?

Real war? Like the Iran-Iraq war? Well, we still remember that Iran used Chinese weapons against Iraq.

I don't know what war experience Iran has gained (Send child soldiers to roll in the minefield? Promise me. Let Iran learn to make anti-mine vehicles first. OK?). But Iran is too far away from modern war. What do Iranian friends know about modern war?

As long as I turn off the Beidou navigation system. All Iranian missiles and UAVs are waste and cannot be used. And Iran can't even make AWACS and EW aircraft... You Iran is only suitable for WWI level war.

Obviously. Modern war is beyond the understanding of Iranian friends.

Last edited:
We all know. The Chinese military prohibits the use of GPS-guided products. and China has a complete UAV industry chain.

And China can manufacture all types of UAVs. It is also exported to Africa, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas. All relevant news has been confirmed.

If Iran did not lie. Oh, we must have a logical problem.... I Believe. Iranian friends only have some misunderstandings about the modern world.
Perhaps iranian drones have a better quality than Chinese drones.
GPS-guided products
How do you know iranian drones are GPS_guided?

Last edited:
Perhaps iranian drones have a better quality that Chinese drones.

How do you know iranian drones are GPS_guided?
Do Iranians talk about "quality"? Look. I have always said that Iranian friends misunderstand the modern world.

Now I know. Iran's UAV uses Beidou-guided.

When it comes to both quality and quantity of engineers I think China should be ahead but when I said China these days follows open market practices it means there are things that it will be cheaper to make in Iran than China.so it makes sense to buy such things from outside of China :)

Are drones one of these things ? only time will tell

When it comes to both quality and quantity of engineers I think China should be ahead but when I said China these days follows open market practices it means there are things that it will be cheaper to make in Iran than China.so it makes sense to buy such things from outside of China :)

Are drones one of these things ? only time will tell
of course. If the Iranian UAV uses the Beidou system. China may buy some cheap Iranian drones.

People couldn’t believe the number of defense companies in China that offer drone products. The domestic market seems over saturated and yet you guys are trying to tell me China is buying more drones from foreign. Com’on bro, be mature please…

Ethiopia showed that Iranian drones are of very very low quality.

And how exactly did Ethiopia show such a thing? For Ethiopian officials made no statement to that effect, while available data indicate Addis Abeba managed to turn the tide in the Tigray conflict after taking delivery of Iranian-made UCAV's.

Heck even in Ukraine your drones have been nullified.

A thread was opened in this section of the forum documenting tons of successful Russian strikes with Shahed-136 / Geran-2 suicide UAV's. Conversely, Ukrainian claims of interception are hardly ever substantiated by evidence. So everything points to the effectiveness of Iranian drones.

A point confirmed by USA generals, by the way:

Iranian drones transferred to Russia have had a significant impact on Moscow’s war against Ukraine

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org...and-rise-asymmetric-drone-warfare-middle-east

The cited paper is a testimony to Iran's prowess in military drone technology. Which is formidable enough for Washington pundits to qualify it as a direct threat to the zionist regime as well as a game-changing factor compromising American air-superiority over their air bases and forces. Statements taken from the same source:

The regime’s (sic) large and growing drone force, which can be used for reconnaissance or strike missions, now poses an existential threat to the Gulf states and a direct threat to Israel, as does its formidable missile force.
In the bigger picture, advances in drone technology have produced an inflection point in aerial warfare—comparable to the introduction of manned flight more than a century ago—that has ended the guarantee of U.S. air superiority over its forces and bases.

Do you think China should seriously hold a press conference to deny it?

No, but they could still have a lower tier official deny it in the framework of an interview with a random media publication. This wouldn't be too laborious nor costly a move.

as i said. Drones are the lowest end of the aviation industry. When a country cannot manufacture qualified advanced fighters. It was forced to only make drones.

Now. The country brags about its drones.

A large, varied and sophisticated arsenal of UAV's can be among a select category of assets capable of deterring all out military aggression by the hegemonic global "superpower". Whereas classical air power wouldn't - at least for countries that do not possess the size and resources of China, in other terms every country other than China; when it comes to achieving parity with the USAF, even China's not quite there yet. So for Washington's adversaries, asymmetry is the way to go.

This was acknowledged by a USA general writing a research paper for a hawkish Beltway think tank:

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org...and-rise-asymmetric-drone-warfare-middle-east

Iranian drone strikes, as exemplified by the September 2019 attack against Saudi Aramco facilities, have jolted Middle East leaders and revealed Tehran’s long-range precision strike capabilities. The regime’s (sic) large and growing drone force, which can be used for reconnaissance or strike missions, now poses an existential threat to the Gulf states and a direct threat to Israel, as does its formidable missile force. Moreover, Iranian drones transferred to Russia have had a significant impact on Moscow’s war against Ukraine. In the bigger picture, advances in drone technology have produced an inflection point in aerial warfare—comparable to the introduction of manned flight more than a century ago—that has ended the guarantee of U.S. air superiority over its forces and bases.

So if Iran highlights her significant achievement in the drone sector, it won't be without reason.

Why should China deny a joke?

If reactions from Chinese forum users are an adequate measure, it will seem to have the potential of getting the broader public worked up. Maybe in this regard an official denial would make sense.

Do you think Iran's UAV is more advanced than North Korea?

Iran is definitely ahead of Korea in UAV's.

Middle east monitor quoting Iran International...

@lydian fall dude read and then post, u intentionally trolling Iran..

The primary source is an official from Iran's Ministry of Intelligence and National Security, first quoted by Iranian media outlets such as Mashreq News, brother. All fotreign sources including MEMO and Saudi International based their stories on those initial publications from Iran.

you people will not believe 90 countries requested to purchase from Iran unless you see the list .

1- Israel
2- USA
3- Saudi Arabia
4- UAE
5- china
6-russia
7- France
8- Germany
9-UK
10-italy
11-canada
12- Australia
13- japan
14- south Korea
15- india
16-indoneisa
17- pakistan
18-brazil
19- Spain
20-turkey
21- greace
22-poland
23-ukrine
24-bangladesh
25 - maxico
26-egypt
27- Bahrain
28- oman
29-qatar
30-azerbbian
31- Mongolia
32- Belarus
33-Kazakhstan
34-Kyrgyzstan,
35- Tajikistan
36-Taiwan
37-Turkmenistan
38- Uzbekistan
39-brazil
40-spain
41-chile
42-peru
43- Norway
44-sweden
45-holland
46- Switzerland
47-ecuador
48- Bolivia
49-iraq
50-afghanistan
51- Uruguay
52-paraguay
53-colombia
54- Singapore
55- Thailand
56- Malaysia
57-cuba
58- south africa
59-libya
60- nigeria
61- Belgium
62- purtogal
63- denmark
64 - Finland
65- iceland
66- Greenland
67- Ireland
68- philpines
69- veitnam
70-mayanmar
71- nepal
72- bhutan
73-sri lanka
74- austria
75- Romania
76- Hungary
77- romania
78- crotia
79- serbia
80- Lithuania
81- latvia
82- morroco
83- niger
84- sudan
85- chad
86-mali
87- ethopia
88- algeria
89- mauritiana
90 - united nations :lol:

Is this the list of all countries you can name (minus the first and the last, which are no countries)?

I dont think Arabs will obey US these days,

Question being whether the USA regime will allow clients to emancipate themselves easily. Especially ones with strategic relevance such as the major oil exporters that PGCC states are. History suggests that Washington would not. We've seen how western imperialists infiltrate the security institutions of their allies to the hilt, and use these assets to step in and prevent them from changing their strategic course (through coups, assassinations etc).

Saudi is trying to shake off American gripping.

What we're witnessing appears to be a case of polarization between rival American deep state factions projecting itself onto the relationship between Washington and its clients. In this concrete example, Bin Salman is enjoying guarantees from Jared Kushner i.e. the "Kissinger faction" of the USA deep state to manifest some marginal insubordination here and there vis à vis Biden-led Democrats currently in charge.

More generally, the USA sees benefit in Saudi-Chinese rapprochement insofar as it could grant Riyadh some leverage in encouraging Beijing to distance itself Iran. To NATO, jeopardizing the formation of an concurrent bloc composed of their three main adversaries Iran, Russia and China is a top policy priority.

People couldn’t believe the number of defense companies in China that offer drone products. The domestic market seems over saturated and yet you guys are trying to tell me China is buying more drones from foreign. Com’on bro, be mature please…

If China or some private Chinese entity placed such an order, it wouldn't imply that Chinese domestic industries are incapable of producing the same items. For a number of reasons, countries sometimes import what they simultaneously mass-produce at home. Iran for example has such extensive natural gas reserves that these would suffice to asphyxiate every living being on the planet several times over, yet Iran struck swap deals with neighbors like Turkmenistan for gas imports to cover local consumption in the northeast of the country. This kind of practice is normal.

Yeah I said that in previous posts, you just have to go back from the beginning of the thread. My biggest bones with the article mainly is the 15000, I don’t have any actual real numbers but I don’t think America and all European countries combined would have that amount in their stockpile that’s why it seems far fetched, China wishing to purchase a few examples I can see that.

When evaluating Iran's drone stockpiles, western armies are not a viable indicator to go by. They follow different doctrines and have therefore different priorities. Just as with ballistic missiles, no country apart from Iran has focused as intensively on these specific systems nor allocated a comparable portion of its defence budget to producing them. Therefore estimates putting the size of Iran's UAV arsenal in the tens of thousands aren't far fetched.

Last edited:
Unless we are fully ready to shaken the us foundation they set up after ww2, i dont see it happeneing.
That foundation has already collapsed. the role which was defined for China was just a big cheap assembly line for western products but China defied that role. now US has listed China as it's number one threat and so their hostility against China will increase day by day, thus their new policies regarding Taiwan.

Now the question is should/will China backtrack?

That foundation has already collapsed. the role which was defined for China was just a big cheap assembly line for western products but China defied that role. now US has listed China as it's number one threat and so their hostility against China will increase day by day, thus their new policies regarding Taiwan.

Now the question is should/will China backtrack?
Ofc, they will keep pushing us and it will goes on for decades.

The initial claim and the one concerning China 15000 doesn't even come from Iran, but from another website quoting Iran International, which is a fearmongering outlet run by Saudi Arabia or UK i believe

The initial claim was 22 countries i believe and Iran Intl as always hijacks the words to put their propaganda in it

OP you should read the sources before spreading their weirdo propaganda, last time it was 5000 missiles to Russia and recently (2 months ago) they claimed that Iran officials were departing to Venezuela to hide from the "revolution" in two weeks

They are also the same which said that Iran executed...15000 protesters at once

The initial claim and the one concerning China 15000 doesn't even come from Iran, but from another website quoting Iran International, which is a fearmongering outlet run by Saudi Arabia or UK i believe

The initial claim was 22 countries i believe and Iran Intl as always hijacks the words to put their propaganda in it

OP you should read the sources before spreading their weirdo propaganda, last time it was 5000 missiles to Russia and recently (2 months ago) they claimed that Iran officials were departing to Venezuela to hide from the "revolution" in two weeks

They are also the same which said that Iran executed...15000 protesters at once

No, the initial report was published by Iranian media, Mashreq News for instance. The piece was shared in the Iranian UAV thread shortly after publication.

Saudi International was citing Iranian media and the figures an official was quoted as giving.

Here's the link to the original source:

The very fact that an Iranian news site carried the report is proof enough onto itself, since Mashreq will never reproduce claims introduced by Saudi International while passing them off as reporting of their own.

But to lay to rest once and for all any speculation in this regard (entertained by Chinese media, interestingly), let's have a look at the respective publication dates.

Here's for Mashreq News:

mn.jpg

It clearly states Bahman 19, 1401. Which corresponds to February 08, 2023.

bh.jpg

https://www.vercalendario.info/en/calendars/persian-calendar/compare-1401.html

And this is from the Saudi International report:

si.jpg

February 9, 2023. A day after Mashreq News published theirs.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom