What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Any system can be overwhelmed, even Iran's air defense will be overwhelmed. But as another poster mentioned its not meant for ballistic missile attacks, thats where the Patriot system is for. What's surprising so far is Iran have yet to provide ballistic missile weaponry to the Iran backed militias like they did in Yemen to help attack the U.S. Embassy. Also this is not a warning, they want to attack the Green Zone, have done so for many years. Hence why you have CRAMs all over the place.
The Shia militias are not reckless. You think it is hard to artillery the f out of the US embassy? Easy as drinking water. They are just playing with the US and keep sending them messages through these symbolic attacks. They have far more powerful weapons than these little katyusha rockets.

The Shia militias are not reckless. You think it is hard to artillery the f out of the US embassy? Easy as drinking water. They are just playing with the US and keep sending them messages through these symbolic attacks. They have far more powerful weapons than these little katyusha rockets.
It's a classic frog in boiling water strategy. Slow and painfully effective.

925boy is in full meltdown mode...

North Korea can't do it because he says so, he asks about evidence while providing nothing for own assertion that China and or Russia helped North Korea.

925boy should not assume that HGV that North Korea has shown as being as advanced as Chinese or Russian also Iran basically has HGV with those finned warheads.

Iranians only need to program it to do a pull up maneuver to extend the range a bit or do change ballistic trajectory to be straight up top attack.

North Korea blasted their reentry vehicle heat shield with 40 ton force rocket engine and it survived, rocket engines have exhaust temperature of 3200 celsius.

That is twice the melting point of titanium or reentry speed of ICBM warhead and for that reason they have material to build airframe of their HGV.

France with population comparable to Iran is preparing to conduct first test of their HGV and they launched that program 3 years ago.

Russian Avangard is an ICBM HGV while China had their DF-17 MRMB/IRBM enter service, North Korea is just now doing first steps for MRBM/IRBM HGV.
why did US just sanction a Russian entity for helping NK with the recent HGV test? dont say anything is what it is because i said it, thats an excuse, i said NK cant produce HGV BECAUSE there is no chance it could develop something like tha given its level of development, level of national science and they are broke, PERIOD. North Korea is China's orphan state.

Regarding NK's HGV - Explain HOW they developed it ( no assumptions), stop telling us a long *** story with no real facts or inferences, just your opinions and wishes reworded as "unique science" YOU AINT NO PATARAMESH! (you wish you were though). this sanctioning of a Russian entity suggests i am correct Russia provided it to NK ,and i know they did, because how come other more advanced militaries like ISrael, Germany, US, UK, France CANT produce an HGV but North Korea that is sanctioned off from the world and relies for China for everything will just show up with this new tech? the point her eis that you are naive as hell you rant as if your rants will prove your point, they dont, they only confirm you are stubborn and hate hearing other ideas.

So far, i am correct - Russia OR and China provides NK with its HGV tech.

why did US just sanction a Russian entity for helping NK with the recent HGV test? dont say anything is what it is because i said it, thats an excuse, i said NK cant produce HGV BECAUSE there is no chance it could develop something like tha given its level of development, level of national science and they are broke, PERIOD. North Korea is China's orphan state.

Regarding NK's HGV - Explain HOW they developed it ( no assumptions), stop telling us a long *** story with no real facts or inferences, just your opinions and wishes reworded as "unique science" YOU AINT NO PATARAMESH! (you wish you were though). this sanctioning of a Russian entity suggests i am correct Russia provided it to NK ,and i know they did, because how come other more advanced militaries like ISrael, Germany, US, UK, France CANT produce an HGV but North Korea that is sanctioned off from the world and relies for China for everything will just show up with this new tech? the point her eis that you are naive as hell you rant as if your rants will prove your point, they dont, they only confirm you are stubborn and hate hearing other ideas.

So far, i am correct - Russia OR and China provides NK with its HGV tech.
So what that I am not Pataramesh, I am just fine with each other following on Twitter and having discussions.
1642177404733.png

Among others...
1642177461162.png

1642177598810.png

1642177644836.png

All you do is demonstrate ignorance 925boy as that didn't come out of nowhere what you assert nor you have any capability to connect the dots, pieces of information.

North Korea tested first MARV in 2017.

Then it tested quasi ballistic missiles in 2019 that did pull up maneuver in order to extended range, hence entire missile basically glided.

They experimented, tested, gained experience and then iterate upon it.

That is not intercontinental HGV and not even intermediate range.

But yea, keep projecting yourself onto me like a clown would do.

I think yesterdays images has clearly demonstrated who has more advance ICBM delivery system technology , (Islamic Republic or North Korea )

but the nonsense still continue

I think yesterdays images has clearly demonstrated who has more advance ICBM delivery system technology , (Islamic Republic or North Korea )

but the nonsense still continue
Khamenei should revoke his nonsense ban on missile range and let the scientists do their job.

Here is he on tape even admitting that he stopped the scientists increasing the range (read also ICBM development)

What kind of tarsoo rahbar will put such a self owning ban? Even admitting that ''there are people who criticize me about this''.

All you do is demonstrate ignorance 925boy as that didn't come out of nowhere what you assert nor you have any capability to connect the dots, pieces of information.

North Korea tested first MARV in 2017.

Then it tested quasi ballistic missiles in 2019 that did pull up maneuver in order to extended range, hence entire missile basically glided.

They experimented, tested, gained experience and then iterate upon it.

That is not intercontinental HGV and not even intermediate range.

But yea, keep projecting yourself onto me like a clown would do.
MARV is not HGV, they are very different, because Iran has MARV, but cant "make" the HGV yet, so once again, PROVE N KOREA MADE HGV on its own. Russia is the only country that made its own HGV FOR A FACT...China's HGV is probably Russia's too, but North Korea's HGV is 100% possible because of Russia- you are probably a N Korea fan boy whose blind to logic or reality, but i'm not. That kingdom is not capable of making its own HGV, i still stand by that. You're implying that HGV is new generation of MARV? then if it was , and it wasnt that different from MARV< Iran would have it already, afterall, IRan is ahead of N Korea in missile technology, ONE ON ONE that is...but Russia came in and helped N Korea, hence their new HGV.

you still havent proven crap.

Here is US further accusing Russia:
1642184429363.png

FOr you to be actually right, the above has to be a lie, and its not.

Last edited:
Khamenei should revoke his nonsense ban on missile range and let the scientists do their job.

Here is he on tape even admitting that he stopped the scientists increasing the range (read also ICBM development)

What kind of tarsoo rahbar will put such a self owning ban? Even admitting that ''there are people who criticize me about this''.

In reality the exact opposite happens to be the case. If the Leadership was "scared", it would nervously opt to rush towards manufacturing nuclear weapons in order to sanctuarize itself from the threat of US-led "regime change".

Also, it would be disingenuous by definition to suggest that the Supreme Leader is lacking bravery when under his auspices, Iran has been one of a tiny handful of countries on planet Earth to actually dare challenge the zio-American empire, resist the latter's yoke in order to safeguard national sovereignty, and engage in things such as arming the Palestinian Resistance etc, which again no head of a state other than seyyed Khamenei (h.A.) is mustering enough courage to authorize.

Not to mention how the cowardly terrorist attack against him in the 1980's, which nearly took his life and caused him to lose a limb, is ample enough proof that grand ayatollah Khamenei does not fear death in pursuit of his principled goals.

Furthermore, the current limit on the ballistic missile range is subject to potential revision, depending on how the geopolitical situation evolves. The Leader never declared this to be a non-negotiable cap that has to be observed ad vitam aeternam and regardless of circumstances. Which by itself represents yet another brilliant policy tool seyyed Khamenei, in his strategic wisdom, endowed Islamic Iran with.

Geopolitics work in completely different ways from physics or other experimental sciences, and the Islamic Revolution's intrepid Leader has an outstanding understanding thereof. In contexts such as these, rational players do not initiate escalation. In other terms, missile range ought to be increased only under the condition that one's opponents proceed with some sort of a drastic escalation, and/or if deterrence is no longer ensured without an enhanced BM range. Incidentally, the prospect of a range increase getting green lighted acts itself as a deterrent against aggressive moves by the US and allies.

The same applies for the acquisition of nuclear weapons: as long as Iran's existing, non-nuclear means of deterrence are guaranteed to preclude all out military aggression by the enemy, then it is more rational to refrain from developing nukes. Even North Korea did not decide to produce nuclear weapons on a whim - they only did so because:

a) The US regime under Bush jr. decided to put an end to the Clinton administration's attempts at normalization with Pyongyang, placing the DPRK on its so-called "axis of evil" along with Iran and Iraq, while invading the latter in 2003.

b) More importantly, the DPRK lacks any of the decisive factors of deterrence which Iran enjoys, such as a geographic location enabling her to choke off the main artery of global energy exports at the Strait of Hormoz, in addition to the ability to credibly target the zionist regime, whose security is paramount to the entire political establishment in the US.

In the absence of these two points, North Korea too would have been unlikely to go for nukes.

And let's not fool ourselves into believing that whatever research the IRGC has been conducting in the ballistic missile realm so far, whatever technology it demonstrated including very recent unveilings of key dual use components which could be incorporated into functional ICBM's at a moment's notice, was achieved against the wish and explicit orders of the Supreme Leader in person. Likewise, when the 2000 km limit was in fact exceeded by Iran several years ago with the introduction of the Khorramshahr missile - albeit with plausible deniability due to variable warhead weight, that too happened because Supreme Leader Khamenei decided so and ordered it to happen. No more and no less.

There's no disagreement at all between Leadership and Sepah, both are fulfilling their tasks in a perfectly coordinated manner. There is absolute complicity between the two institutions on Iran's missile program (and on everything else), and they're on the same line.

Last edited:
In reality the exact opposite happens to be the case. If the Leadership was "scared", it would nervously opt to rush towards manufacturing nuclear weapons in order to sanctuarize itself from the threat of US-led "regime change".

Also, it would be disingenuous by definition to suggest that the Supreme Leader is lacking bravery when under his auspices, Iran has been one of a tiny handful of countries on planet Earth to actually dare challenge the zio-American empire, resist the latter's yoke in order to safeguard national sovereignty, and engage in things such as arming the Palestinian Resistance etc, which again no head of a state other than seyyed Khamenei (h.A.) is mustering enough courage to authorize.

Not to mention how the cowardly terrorist attack against him in the 1980's, which nearly took his life and caused him to lose a limb, is ample enough proof that grand ayatollah Khamenei does not fear death in pursuit of his principled goals.

Furthermore, the current limit on the ballistic missile range is subject to potential revision, depending on how the geopolitical situation evolves. The Leader never declared this to be a non-negotiable limit that has to be observed ad vitam aeternam and regardless of circumstances. Which by itself represents yet another brilliant policy tool seyyed Khamenei, in his strategic wisdom, endowed Islamic Iran with.

Geopolitics work in completely different ways from physics or other experimental sciences, and the Islamic Revolution's intrepid Leader has an outstanding understanding thereof. In contexts such as these, rational players do not initiate escalation. In other terms, missile range ought to be increased only under the condition that one's opponents proceed with some sort of a drastic escalation, and/or if deterrence is no longer ensured without an enhanced BM range. Incidentally, the prospect of a range increase getting green lighted acts itself as a deterrent against aggressive moves by the US and allies.

The same applies for the acquisition of nuclear weapons: as long as Iran's existing, non-nuclear means of deterrence are guaranteed to preclude all out military aggression by the enemy, then it is more rational to refrain from developing nukes. Even North Korea did not decide to produce nuclear weapons on a whim - they only did so because:

a) The US regime under Bush jr. decided to put an end to the Clinton administration's attempts at normalization with Pyongyang, placing the DPRK on its so-called "axis of evil" along with Iran and Iraq, while invading the latter in 2003.

b) More importantly, the DPRK lacks any of the decisive factors of deterrence which Iran enjoys, such as a geographic location enabling her to choke off the main artery of global energy exports at the Strait of Hormoz, in addition to the ability to credibly target the zionist regime, whose security is paramount to the entire political establishment in the US.

In the absence of these two points, North Korea would have been unlikely to go for nukes as well.

And let's not fool ourselves into believing that whatever research the IRGC has been conducting in the ballistic missile realm so far, whatever technology it demonstrated including very recent unveilings of key dual use components which could be incorporated into functional ICBM's at a moment's notice, was achieved against the wish and explicit orders of the Supreme Leader in person. Likewise, when the 2000 km limit was in fact exceeded by Iran several years ago with the introduction of the Khorramshahr missile - albeit with plausible deniability due to variable warhead weight, that too happened because Supreme Leader Khamenei decided so and ordered it to happen. No more and no less.

There's no disagreement at all between Leadership and Sepah, both are fulfilling their tasks in a perfectly coordinated manner. There is absolute complicity between the two institutions on Iran's missile program (and on everything else), and they're on the same line.
Dear, you are a fervent supporter of the great Khamenei. Thus you can not see the fault of his actions, there is always positivity in your point of view. So i am afraid we can not hold a honest discussion on his decisions.

Don't get me wrong, i like Khamenei, he is charismatic and is wise but some of his actions are too cautious and hesitant. Like the video i posted where he admits that he stopped the work of our scientists regarding ICBM's. There is definitely some fear factor involved - Iran should have tested its first ICBM and nukes back in the 2000's with all the brilliant minds we have. Only political decisions by him is stopping us from full potential.

And the leadership is not ''scared''. The leadership also consists of high ranking influential IRGC leaders, all of whom urge Khamenei to go full speed with the military developments. In the video i posted he himself admits that our scientists, commanders etc criticize him for his decisions.

Dear, you are a fervent supporter of the great Khamenei. Thus you can not see the fault of his actions, there is always positivity in your point of view. So i am afraid we can not hold a honest discussion on his decisions.

Don't get me wrong, i like Khamenei, he is charismatic and is wise but some of his actions are too cautious and hesitant. Like the video i posted where he admits that he stopped the work of our scientists regarding ICBM's. There is definitely some fear factor involved - Iran should have tested its first ICBM and nukes back in the 2000's with all the brilliant minds we have. Only political decisions by him is stopping us from full potential.

I addressed the contention in detail. And explained why this notion that fear is guiding the decisions of the Iranian Leadership is a contradiction in terms.

Feeling of insecurity would push Iran towards hurried ICBM and nuclear weapons development. Instead, it is because of the Iranian Leadership's strong confidence in the prowess of the country's non-nuclear arsenal and doctrine that no such decision to move towards military nuclearization has been made - it simply isn't a necessity considering the goal it would be supposed to serve, and moreover it would initiative escalation, something even North Korea never resorted to.

However, it was also seen as necessary to acquire latent nuclear break out capability. So that in case the strategic equation changes to Iran's detriment and that for whatever reason, non-nuclear deterrence can no longer be credibly ensured, Iran can then opt for nuclear deterrence.

And with every passing day that Iran spends in security, the highest level strategic decisions of the Leadership are proven correct.

Furthermore, in case of fear, Iran would submit to the US empire in the first place. Not engage in anti-imperial Resistance, something which only a handful of states are daring enough to do.

Last edited:
I addressed your contention in detail. And explained, point by point, why any talk of fear is simply a contradiction in terms.

Fear would push Iran towards ICBM and nuclear weapons development. Instead, it is because of the Iranian Leadership's huge confidence in the country's non-nuclear arsenal and doctrine that no such decision to move towards military nuclearization was taken - they simply aren't necessary considering the goal they would be supposed to serve, and they would trigger counter-escalation, that's all.

Furthermore, in case of fear, Iran would submit to the US empire. Not engage in anti-imperial Resistance, something that only a handful of states are intrepid enough to do.
The opposite. Fear of more sanctions, Gadaffi-style bombing of the person himself and his family, weakened IRGC, assassinations etc are the main factor for respecting the ''red line'' the West put in front him.

If you have no fear, you would not give a crap about what others think and go full steam ahead with your plans. Playing horse and pony show with a few KM increase or decrease, 1 year - 1 day ''break out'' time are all laughable and nonsense in terms of proper strategy and planning for a country with such a high prestige as Iran.

The opposite. Fear of more sanctions,

What other sanctions would these be? Iran is sanctioned to the extreme already. And Iran's policy has shown that the prospect of sanctions have never prevented her from pursuing her strategic objectives.

Gadaffi-style bombing of the person himself and his family,

The US is able to bomb the Supreme Leader of Iran and his family in a cost-effective manner as with Gaddafi, but has refrained from doing so? Really, they wouldn't hesitate a second if they thought they could. Reality is that Gaddafi - who never challenged the US and zionists to the extent that Iran has done, did not possess Iran's deterrence power. Which in turn explains why Washington is not replicating a similar approach with Iran.

And see, here's another major issue with your argument: if getting nukes will not even protect Iran from having its Leader assassinated, as you are suggesting, then what's their point? What prestige do they grant their owner? In reality, even without Iranian nukes, Washington will not deem such an act as affordable enough, let alone if Iran went for nukes on top of it.

Basically, you're claiming Iran is not building nuclear bombs because if she did, the Supreme Leader would get assassinated by the US... In other words, you're suggesting that nukes are completely useless, since they wouldn't even prevent the enemy from eliminating the head of the state in the hypothesis you're putting forward.

weakened IRGC, assassinations etc are the main factor for respecting the ''red line'' the West put in front him.

If an IRGC armed with nuclear weapons would get weakened, you'd agree that nukes do not necessarily increase military power, I would assume.

The west's red line is Iran having nuclear break out capability. Which Iran has achieved to preserve. In fact, in the early 2000's the west's red line used to be Iran having any indigenous nuclear program.

If you have no fear, you would not give a crap about what others think and go full steam ahead with your plans.

You are assuming Iran sought to develop nuclear weapons. But Iran has achieved similar deterrence without them.

Playing horse and pony show with a few KM increase or decrease, 1 year - 1 day ''break out'' time are all laughable and nonsense in terms of proper strategy and planning for a country with such a high prestige as Iran.

Observable facts: Iran has ensured her security in the face of a full fledged "regime change" policy by the global superpower, read policy to dismantle and balkanize the Iranian nation-state, has done so without nukes, and keeps opposing zio-American interests across the board. Personally, I don't find that to be a laughable performance. No other country under comparable circumstances has even come close.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom