What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

IMG_20220103_165308_467.jpg

The C-RAM system could easily be overwhelmed by saturating the airspace. An adversary could launch several kamikaze drones at the C-RAM from multiple directions at the exact same time. Once the CWIS is taken out, the base would basically be a sitting duck.

This is not the first time that the C-RAM has shot down hostile targets in the last few months. Either someone wants to test out the American bases defensive capabilities or they were just hoping that one might get through ? It's also possible that they wanted to give the Americans something to think about ? As a warning perhaps ?

I wonder how this would have performed against Iran's ballistic missile attack last year on the Al Asad base ? What about missiles with multiple re-entry warheads ? I also wonder how the C-RAM compares to the Iranian Kamand CIWS for the navy ?

I wonder how this would have performed against Iran's ballistic missile attack last year on the Al Asad base ? What about missiles with multiple re-entry warheads ? I also wonder how the C-RAM compares to the Iranian Kamand CIWS for the navy ?

C-RAM isn't intended for that. Counter-Rocket, Artillery, Mortar.

NK tested a hypersonic missile, claimed to fly for 700 KM and hit the target with pin point accuracy.

Liquid fuel? It doesn't seem cost effective to me
3359946.jpg

NK tested a hypersonic missile, claimed to fly for 700 KM and hit the target with pin point accuracy.

Liquid fuel? It doesn't seem cost effective to me
View attachment 806245
It depends on their requirements, liquid fuel has own advantages as does solid fuel while this missile was also used to test ampoulization of fuel and oxidizer which is at bare minimum fuel and oxidizer tanks fueled inside factory then sealed before being inserted inside missile casing thus it has some qualities of solid fuel by being pre-fueled and ready on short notice.

This missile has half the fuel load of Hwasong-12 and payload being heavier than that of Hwasong-12 due to having HGV. For example if it had same payload as Hwasong-7 then it would have comparable range while consuming 2 tons less of propellants. Acceleration is faster than HS-12, but has half the fuel hence much shorter range, hence lower velocity and what not.

It doesn't impact specific propellant consumption efficiency unlike if one was to shorten a solid fuel rocket.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom