What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

We invaded East Timor dude in 1975 through military invasion. Until now we havent lost any territory yet.

Having East Timor is illegal occupation and it doesnt have any meaningful economic reason to maintain it. We invaded it due to Cold War as Indonesia under Soeharto is anti Communist regime. Even ASEAN initially is created to fight Communism in the region.
Can you keep on topic - this thread is about IRANIAN MISSILES

Regarding the K-4 missile, according Gen hajizadeh, one of the warheads of this system consists of 80 bomblets. You can imagine what these missiles would do to a carrier fleet.

Imagine the same bomblets filled with (non-lethal) vomiting agents, instead of going for sinking some ships of the fleet, it would render it completely inoperable and force crews to use chemicals protection

Imagine the same bomblets filled with (non-lethal) vomiting agents, instead of going for sinking some ships of the fleet, it would render it completely inoperable and force crews to use chemicals protection
Using WMD against the US is suicide

Building such an arsenal to be used against Israel for deterrence has more logic to it, but even then they have the upper hand with nuclear weapons, and this dynamic was exposed when Syria didn't retaliate to Israel's bombing of their nuclear site in 2007, despite having a large arsenal of chemical-tipped missiles aimed at Israel.

Regarding the K-4 missile, according Gen hajizadeh, one of the warheads of this system consists of 80 bomblets. You can imagine what these missiles would do to a carrier fleet.

here i posted an essay published by tasnim,it says that every bomblet is 17 kg.if you divide 1500 kg of k-4's warhed by 17 you'll get 88.i think sardar Hajizadeh is mentioning that special type of warhead.

K-4 doesn't have a nuclear warhead (period) but it seems it has destruction power of a technical nuke, and guess what it has range of 7,500 kms with 500 kgm warhead 😍 💣

I hope we see more of these miracles by Iranians in future and put Yankees and westerns in their places

I really hope Iran is protecting seriously this Sardar Hajizadeh man and not putting him into a kia unarmored car for his travels, if i was an enemy of Iran, this man would be on the N.1 list of targets to eliminate

that is a stretch of reality to say it can engage 80 target , he was talking about cluster warhead with 80 bomb-let.
those bomb-let cant individually target different targets

His comment seems rather obvious, not sure why it needs to be explained. I don't think anyone (not including lay people) is under the impression that those 80 bomblets can individually target. However, if this warhead is falling on a target rich environment, then its safe to say those 80 bomblets can more or less hit/effect a max of 80 targets.

here i posted an essay published by tasnim,it says that every bomblet is 17 kg.if you divide 1500 kg of k-4's warhed by 17 you'll get 88.i think sardar Hajizadeh is mentioning that special type of warhead.

Yes, and those bomblets will be falling at hypersonic speeds. Just a few of these missiles will completely decommission a carrier group/fleet. Given the characteristics of the Khoramshahr-4 and its exoatmospheric manoeuvring and overall kinematic profile, no current ani ballistic missile systems stands much of a chance of dealing with it, especially when it will be fired in swarms. Moreover given its range (real range) of probably 3-4000km, this gives you an idea of its potential as an area denial. What's hindering this missile reaching its max potential is Iran's ability to detect and monitor surface vessels 1000's of km away. With introduction of satellite constellations and numerous Expeditionary Sea Bases, we can mitigate this greatly.

1685476615010.png

His comment seems rather obvious, not sure why it needs to be explained. I don't think anyone (not including lay people) is under the impression that those 80 bomblets can individually target. However, if this warhead is falling on a target rich environment, then its safe to say those 80 bomblets can more or less hit/effect a max of 80 targets.

Their are 2 naval ships in a grid 3km x 3km.

If you fire a K-4 to the target, how long would it take to reach the target area, what is the spread of the 80 bomblets and consider the distance the ship travels during the flight interval.

With these complex parameters, you will get a grid position of where these ships would be by the time a missile reaches the area in every possible case. Say the grid you need to cover expands to 10km x 10km, with that you could probably find out how many K-4's you would need to fire and spread to get a decent chance that you will get an impact by 1 or more bomblets. It's a numbers game for anti-shipping, but the cost of firing 24 K-4's to spread an area is nothing compared to the cost of a naval ship and time it takes to build one.

Their are 2 naval ships in a grid 3km x 3km.

If you fire a K-4 to the target, how long would it take to reach the target area, what is the spread of the 80 bomblets and consider the distance the ship travels during the flight interval.

With these complex parameters, you will get a grid position of where these ships would be by the time a missile reaches the area in every possible case. Say the grid you need to cover expands to 10km x 10km, with that you could probably find out how many K-4's you would need to fire and spread to get a decent chance that you will get an impact by 1 or more bomblets. It's a numbers game for anti-shipping, but the cost of firing 24 K-4's to spread an area is nothing compared to the cost of a naval ship and time it takes to build one.
the question is how many bomblet you need to sank a cruiser or destroyer

especially when it will be fired in swarms.
Khorramshahr-4 is likely the most expensive missile in Iran's arsenal by a distance, I doubt it will be fired in large numbers for saturation strikes

Shahab-3 and its derivatives make more sense for saturation strikes since they are cheap, exist in large numbers of old stock and can deplete enemy AD to make way for more powerful/expensive missiles like Sejjil and Khorramshahr

the question is how many bomblet you need to sank a cruiser or destroyer
the answer is probably more than the number of missiles iran has, sinking ships that big is very difficult, even a direct ASCM hit will probably not sink it unless you are very lucky

but they just need to damage it enough to remove it from the arena (even if temporarily), not sink it, and hypersonic bomblets can probably do that

the bigger problem is that beyond 700km (e.g. Zolfaqar-Basir) I am not convinced Iran has good options for precisely targeting enemy ships OTH to account for the movement of the target ship(s) in that time

Back
Top Bottom