What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

This whole article makes me thing that if American troops came under any sort of pressure, they'd crumble immediately. I've never heard an Iranian war veteran complaining like this.

70 Yards away, in a reinforced bunker, and the missile still knocked the soldiers unconscious?

Holy God, these weapons are insanely dangerous.

@Philosopher @Dariush the Great @Surenas @aryobarzan @Sina-1

Do you guys remember that one article that was posted back on IMF about the explosive compound Iran uses in its warheads which is supposedly much more destructive in energy yield compared to regular high-explosive filler used in most other munitions?

I believe it was called like "Octogen, or Oxygen 10", something along those lines. This is definitely a real thing too, I know it was posted and was talked about at length back on the old forum. The article/video had an IRGC general talking about the compound as well.

I'm assuming that the warheads Iran employs can destroy more than their Western equivalents when it comes down to sheer pound-per-pound explosive power barring nuclear related weapons. You also have to factor in raw high speed these munitions are coming down at which amplifies their effect (?).

@Philosopher @Dariush the Great @Surenas @aryobarzan @Sina-1

Do you guys remember that one article that was posted back on IMF about the explosive compound Iran uses in its warheads which is supposedly much more destructive in energy yield compared to regular high-explosive filler used in most other munitions?

I believe it was called like "Octogen, or Oxygen 10", something along those lines. This is definitely a real thing too, I know it was posted and was talked about at length back on the old forum. The article/video had an IRGC general talking about the compound as well.

I'm assuming that the warheads Iran employs can destroy more than their Western equivalents when it comes down to sheer pound-per-pound explosive power barring nuclear related weapons. You also have to factor in raw high speed these munitions are coming down at which amplifies their effect (?).

Yes, that is correct. Iran has been producing Octogen/HMX since at least 2016.

This whole article makes me thing that if American troops came under any sort of pressure, they'd crumble immediately. I've never heard an Iranian war veteran complaining like this.

70 Yards away, in a reinforced bunker, and the missile still knocked the soldiers unconscious?

Normal Iranian citizens were going through the same every night during Iraq war! Went to work as if nothing happened next day

Normal Iranian citizens were going through the same every night during Iraq war! Went to work as if nothing happened next day

We don't really take into account the psychological impact of missile strikes.

According to the article, the men were whimering, crying, vomitting, and even when the event was over, many of them were to afriad to leave their bunkers.

This just goes to show, that the missiles are not only deadly but psychological deadly, where troops are unable to perform even the most basic of functions anymore. Seeing what we are seeing from the Ain Al-Assad, it's clear that in the event of a conflict, none of the U.S airbases in the region can even operate effectively as the troops on the ground are mentally paralyzed from shock.

I remember those days well.... when suddenly the TV would send out a red allert warning, and everyone would run to shelters.
I was a young kid in Tehran during most of the war and the air raid sirens were only for aircraft that radars would pick up. There were no warning for Iraqi Al Hussain (extended range scuds) missiles before one would hit and then the sirens would start. The first such missile that hit Tehran I thought was a car bomb down the street because the ground shook and it was very loud. We went to the roof top to see what was happening and we could see a faint black smoke plume on the other side of the city way off in the distance.

I remember those days well.... when suddenly the TV would send out a red allert warning, and everyone would run to shelters.
Yes, sometimes I went up on the roof with my father to see the AA gun trace in the night. We sometimes found shrapnel and I took it to school to compare it with those my friends had found. I probably still have one in my childhood stuff in my parent's house.

LOL I don’t think you realize what the bunkers look like. Unless they were close to the saddam era airplane shelters, most of the bunkers are simple slabs of concrete to protect you from shrapnel. Direct hit by even a mortar and or 107 mm rocket would kill the occupants. Only few inches thick and nothing more. Trust me I know. I been on the receiving end of those 333 mm Iranian rockets and the smaller ones. And 70 yards is very close for a big missile like the ones they fired.

LOL I don’t think you realize what the bunkers look like. Unless they were close to the saddam era airplane shelters, most of the bunkers are simple slabs of concrete to protect you from shrapnel. Direct hit by even a mortar and or 107 mm rocket would kill the occupants. Only few inches thick and nothing more. Trust me I know. I been on the receiving end of those 333 mm Iranian rockets and the smaller ones. And 70 yards is very close for a big missile like the ones they fired.

Receiving end?

U.S. military vet?

Massive simultaneous firing of precision Quasi-Ballistic Missiles, along with flying wing drone bombers in formation and suicide drones impacting targets!
Seems like this is second massive ballistic missile launch since 2008.

Imagine Hezbollah launching missiles like this at Israeli powerplant or Iran at US air base or massive Persian Gulf missile launch against US aircraft carrier

1610702078309.png

1610702385464.png

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom