What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

fully fueled the range is 4000 KM
it is political decision to say 2000KM

already done test of 4000 KM which ended up in UNSC emergency meeting,
don't listen to me listen to someone who sees some classified briefing

so IRBM
If Iran already has a 4000 km IRBM then it can hit Entire Europe in the West and South East Asia in the East.

Iran's current missiles already covers Turkey, Russia in the West and India in the East.

However Saudi has IRBM and possibly ICBMs too.

You can see in other pictures a “top” falls off the tube as missile comes out.

So the question is this a capsule (Jask type device) or a underwater launch device (underwater missile farm)?
well we do not know what we know is that its a unveiling of an new technology

If Iran already has a 4000 km IRBM then it can hit Entire Europe in the West and South East Asia in the East.

Iran's current missiles already covers Turkey, Russia in the West and India in the East.

not just that, Iran has these too

2752614.jpg

EfjGKD-XkAEfAOd

Last edited:

Iran and KSA if want to go to war , will not use those long range missile , if it come to throwing missile at each other then it will be missiles with the range of 1000km at most

Iran and KSA if want to go to war , will not use those long range missile , if it come to throwing missile at each other then it will be missiles with the range of 1000km at most
Iran and Saudi are next door neighbour. I think SRBMs are enough. At best you can throw some Shahab-3 missiles.

The Khorramshahr is allegedly related to the North Korean Hwasong-10 IRBM also called the Musudan 4 or BM-25. I'm guessing Iran contributed to the funding and research of the Hwasong-10, among other projects, and therefore reaped the rewards. Others say Iran purchased 18 Hwasong-10 missile sets from North Korea in 2005. Really who knows.

Some sources list the Khorramshahr as having a 1800 kg warheads with a range of 1000-2000
The Hwasong-10 is listed as having a 650-1250 kg warhead with a range of 3000-4000 km

Correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't it less a matter of fuel and more a matter of the size of the warhead which directly effects the range ? I'm assuming some missiles in Iran's arsenal have various sized warheads, with larger warheads reducing the range ?

Assuming a 650 kg conventional warhead at a range of 4000 km, with a decent margin of error, this would make the Khorramshahr more a weapon of terror than anything else. Of course in a city center with skyscrapers, even a dozen such missiles, especially with a submunitions (multiple warheads) can be absolutely devastating. It basically gives Iran the option to say to the Europeans or a potential rival "You bomb my country I'll bomb yours"

In my opinion Iran should stop beating around and bush and just come out with an ICBM or something much beefier than the Khorramshahr. They can still claim the ranger is 2500 KM I suppose.

However I'm guessing that Iran will not publicly display such a weapon since it would definitely help boost the American narrative about Iran being a threat and undermine Iran's efforts to purchase advanced fighter jets and weapons from Russia and China.

fully fueled the range is 4000 KM
it is political decision to say 2000KM

already done test of 4000 KM which ended up in UNSC emergency meeting,
don't listen to me listen to someone who sees some classified briefing

so IRBM

The Khorramshahr is allegedly related to the North Korean Hwasong-10 IRBM also called the Musudan 4 or BM-25. I'm guessing Iran contributed to the funding and research of the Hwasong-10, among other projects, and therefore reaped the rewards. Others say Iran purchased 18 Hwasong-10 missile sets from North Korea in 2005. Really who knows.

Some sources list the Khorramshahr as having a 1800 kg warheads with a range of 1000-2000
The Hwasong-10 is listed as having a 650-1250 kg warhead with a range of 3000-4000 km

Correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't it less a matter of fuel and more a matter of the size of the warhead which directly effects the range ? I'm assuming some missiles in Iran's arsenal have various sized warheads, with larger warheads reducing the range ?

Assuming a 650 kg conventional warhead at a range of 4000 km, with a decent margin of error, this would make the Khorramshahr more a weapon of terror than anything else. Of course in a city center with skyscrapers, even a dozen such missiles, especially with a submunitions (multiple warheads) can be absolutely devastating. It basically gives Iran the option to say to the Europeans or a potential rival "You bomb my country I'll bomb yours"

In my opinion Iran should stop beating around and bush and just come out with an ICBM or something much beefier than the Khorramshahr. They can still claim the ranger is 2500 KM I suppose.

However I'm guessing that Iran will not publicly display such a weapon since it would definitely help boost the American narrative about Iran being a threat and undermine Iran's efforts to purchase advanced fighter jets and weapons from Russia and China.
As far as I know ICBM cannot use conventional warhead. Iran must go nuclear to operate ICBM.

What are SLVs? Never heard about these before? Are their roles similar to ballistic missile?
SLV ( satellite launch vehicle ), if they are solid fuel then yes which Iran has, remember ballistic missile get turned to SLV not the other way around

Army wants more buget to build strategic weapons

Iran capable of building strategic weapons: Defense minister

“The Defense Ministry can build strategic weapons now, provided it is supported by the Parliament over the budget needs,” Brigadier General Amir Hatami said on Tuesday in a meeting with the number of Parliamentarians at the Defense Ministry’s achievements’ exhibition in Tehran.

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/162425/Iran-capable-of-building-strategic-weapons-Defense-minister
Why don't Iran develop nuclear weapons? It is already under American sanctions so developing nuclear weapons won't make a difference. Iran can always use article X like North Korea.

Why don't Iran develop nuclear weapons? It is already under American sanctions so developing nuclear weapons won't make a difference. Iran can always use article X like North Korea.
some say Iran already has them like Israel

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom