What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

I found a pic of one of irans koksan 1978s that I hadnt seen before.
32751740025_c4ab79f10b_b.jpg

Who ever made that "model" of the Chieftain tank deserves to be taken out back and shot!
Better yet driven over by one,that way he`d get a nice close up look at all the detail he`d missed.:lol:

Just found this.It looks to be a compact laser seeker,quite possibly for the air launched s8 80mm rocket we saw demonstrated a few years back.
46893286_1089644427863524_4005044488845547989_n.jpg

Just found this.It looks to be a compact laser seeker,quite possibly for the air launched s8 80mm rocket we saw demonstrated a few years back.
46893286_1089644427863524_4005044488845547989_n.jpg
I think it is the same seeker that is installed on the Sadid guided bombs laser variants.

I think it is the same seeker that is installed on the Sadid guided bombs laser variants.
Did they have a laser guidance kit for the sadid?,I thought it was only optical.
I`m pretty sure I can remember the precision guided s8 being trialed on a small gyro-copter a few years back.
Interestingly it doesnt appear to be a copy of either the ukrainian or russian precision guidance kits
S-8%20COR1.jpg

AR8Lrak.png

Did they have a laser guidance kit for the sadid?,I thought it was only optical.
I`m pretty sure I can remember the precision guided s8 being trialed on a small gyro-copter a few years back.
Interestingly it doesnt appear to be a copy of either the ukrainian or russian precision guidance kits
S-8%20COR1.jpg

AR8Lrak.png
I think I red about a laser guided variant somewhere. The way it works is that someone aside from the firing drone marks the target. This is mostly for quick air support.

Well at least they are wearing more modern Kevlar helmets and (some) are wearing minor body armour protection this time.

Still lacking additional critical body armour protection for major organs and vital areas (stomach, neck, etc).

Guess no one likes wearing body armour in the armed forces.

Dear lord,dont tell me they`re still using bmp1s with those utterly crap hp/lp 73mm guns:o::disagree:
I would`ve converted those into dedicated mobile atgm carriers/launchers years ago,either like the indian nag,but packing the atgm version of the extended range sadid glide bomb
maxresdefault.jpg

or something like a bmp2 version of the bmp3 based kornet-t
kornet_t.jpg

but using something like this instead of the 2 single firing posts
1_28429~7.jpg

Another option would be to replace the turret with a remote weapons station like the bmp1m
npq8a92hzhay.jpg

Frankly I think even the bmp2s should be upgraded to something along the lines of this bmp2m
BMP-2M.jpg

And you`ve also got the option of using the leftover 73mm guns from the bmp1s as light weight artillery for infantry support,just make sure you stay the fvck out of its way when its being fired:guns:[lol!]
JtZSx52.gif

Back
Top Bottom