What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

I don't get it , why they need such nonsense , at least they could name system that actually help Russia , for example they could name some UCAV system , not Bavar-373 or S-300 that Russia already have abundance of such systems

Bavar-373 OS system boots up in Farsi

Russian soldier: what the hell is this...
Do you think the Guardian just went on a Wikipedia list of Iranian AD, and just picked one of them? lol

theirs nothing that annoys me more, than when they say "the Iranian version of the S-300". They are nothing alike.

Oooooooo that bothers me

Do you think the Guardian just went on a Wikipedia list of Iranian AD, and just picked one of them? lol

theirs nothing that annoys me more, than when they say "the Iranian version of the S-300". They are nothing alike.

Oooooooo that bothers me

The news media said 2 Shahed-1xx tried to infilitrate Israel and I’m like huh I don’t recognize that Shaheed model number. And I typed it in.....IT DIDNT EXIST.

Press TV and Tasmin have been guilty of this too. That’s why journalists shouldn’t be writing military articles.

Now super honest western media claim Iran has sent it's Bavar373 along the purchased S300 to Russia to help them fight in Ukraine and they have multiple sources on the field and in intelligence services as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perhaps the next day they would claim that Iran has sent it's Kowthar fighter jet as well! It's a whole new level of lies distribution. I mean how can I trust a single line of these morons from now on!?
Wow a decade for Russians to deliver them just for us to give it right back!

Thanks brother, you made me laugh!!

Such childish nonsense coming out of the Western "journalism" world... It's like a cauldron of abject stupidity.
Western Journalism has long gone down the drain, to the point that for many ordinary westerners, the word "journo" is now an insult

The news media said 2 Shahed-1xx tried to infilitrate Israel and I’m like huh I don’t recognize that Shaheed model number. And I typed it in.....IT DIDNT EXIST.

Press TV and Tasmin have been guilty of this too. That’s why journalists shouldn’t be writing military articles.
Actually it was the IDF itself. They accidentally released some bullshit infographic claiming it flew at 2000km/h and the pic was a Shahed-171. In reality it was a piston engine Shahed-181

It's the first time I see such a config in Army's SAMs, thanks to traitor TV director we didn't even see it in the parade!

3455838.jpg

1401012909292384825152804.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Theres a new version of the dezful sam as well
View attachment 835415
View attachment 835416
Heres a short clip of it plus the other new system [majid]
https://static0.afkarnews.com/servev2/ZB48Mf4INqdY/ZpB3KkdzT4k,/14010129000255.mp4

Interestingly both of these 2 new systems are mounted on what looks to be brand new 4 axle chassis,rather than the previously standard 3 axle iveco derived types.
Good to see.

Are these systems built 100% from the ground up?

Or are they taking the lunchers/radar from old TOR tracked chassis and putting them on these domestically built wheeled platforms?

Are these systems built 100% from the ground up?

Or are they taking the lunchers/radar from old TOR tracked chassis and putting them on these domestically built wheeled platforms?
I honestly dont know,tho one thing that would potentially point to it being a reverse/reengineered copy would be the new wheeled chassis,as it wouldnt make much sense for iran to simply rehouse the original tors on a new wheeled chassis as this would effectively be compromising their off road capability for no gain.
On the other hand,there have been 2 previous sam systems that iran rehoused on new wheeled transporters,one was the sa6,the other the hq7,however both of these were extensively modernized and in the case of the sa6 completely reworked,with no part of the original system left untouched.
If these are the original systems rehoused,then it seems a safe bet that these have been at a minimum completely modernised,which I think is probably just as well.

I honestly dont know,tho one thing that would potentially point to it being a reverse/reengineered copy would be the new wheeled chassis,as it wouldnt make much sense for iran to simply rehouse the original tors on a new wheeled chassis as this would effectively be compromising their off road capability for no gain.
On the other hand,there have been 2 previous sam systems that iran rehoused on new wheeled transporters,one was the sa6,the other the hq7,however both of these were extensively modernized and in the case of the sa6 completely reworked,with no part of the original system left untouched.
If these are the original systems rehoused,then it seems a safe bet that these have been at a minimum completely modernised,which I think is probably just as well.

I’m skeptical it’s a 100% ground built up TOR. As I said earlier, the bolts are in the same exact locations. Rarely does Iran reverse engineer something and it look carbon copy the same...much less a Cold War era design (TOR-M1).

What’s a possibility is this is a modernized TOR-M1 to bring it closer to TOR-M2 standard.

As for track, track is overrated. Those wheels can handle most off terrain and still drive on highway and get to destinations on their own accord.

What people forget about track is, it’s not ment to be driven long distances. It’s ment to be taken to the site on flatbed, which is cumbersome. Track also damages roads and aren’t made for long distances.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom