What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Do they really wanna sell Bavar and commercialized it? or just presenting it as an achievement? though I don't think any would buy it due to sanctions and definite American pressure.

Do they really wanna sell Bavar and commercialized it? or just presenting it as an achievement? though I don't think any would buy it due to sanctions and definite American pressure.

Domestic and International Bavar will be two very different versions.

It’s important for Iran to export arms, it strengthens ties and will be a boon for the economy, jobs, and for future Iranian military projects as it will pave the way for more funding of r&d projects.

Iran could easily sell $25B+ worth of arms per year to various countries around the world from Russia all the way to South American and African countries.

It’s important for Iran to export arms, it strengthens ties and will be a boon for the economy, jobs, and for future Iranian military projects as it will pave the way for more funding of r&d projects.

Iran could easily sell $25B+ worth of arms per year to various countries around the world from Russia all the way to South American and African countries.
Iran should never get into the arms export business. Ever. Instead focus on exporting high added value peacful technologies. Eg drones for commercial use. But much more as they become available. Iran's investment in space, nuclear, and defense systems should result in a tech boom.

Iran should never get into the arms export business. Ever. Instead focus on exporting high added value peacful technologies. Eg drones for commercial use. But much more as they become available. Iran's investment in space, nuclear, and defense systems should result in a tech boom.

Iran is already in arms export business. From Africa to Libya to Iraq to Yemen to Venezuela to Syria and more. Lifting of sanctions allows to expand the clientele to a lot more nations who were wary of US secondary sanctions.

Iran has a duty to provide security for countries who cannot afford or don’t want to fall under the arms extortion tactics of the West.

Strong countries lead to peace, weak countries get invaded/overthrown.

Iran is already in arms export business. From Africa to Libya to Iraq to Yemen to Venezuela to Syria and more. Lifting of sanctions allows to expand the clientele to a lot more nations who were wary of US secondary sanctions.

Iran has a duty to provide security for countries who cannot afford or don’t want to fall under the arms extortion tactics of the West.

Strong countries lead to peace, weak countries get invaded/overthrown.
Correct. What you just said does not conflict with what I said. It conflicts with what you originally said. Iran should export to allies, at cost for those who have money and free for those who don't. Arms for profit is a crime worse than digging ditches for oil. It's a game for lowlifes. Not an Iranian one.

Last edited:
2R7O5IFDY5OEPFMT7YGRU233DY.jpg
guys something is strange , there they show AD200 (bavar-373) and it seems its identical to iranian Bavar.
but then they show Talash pac3 (15th of Khordad) and it use some other radar than iranian 15th of khordad
1648206103055-png.827110

Iran_unveils_new_Khordad_15_air_defense_missile_system_925_002.jpg

Heres a larger resolution pic [3500 x 2153]
5993882e2db745768ddc5efd35ca3e22.jpg

Last edited:
guys something is strange , there they show AD200 (bavar-373) and it seems its identical to iranian Bavar.
but then they show Talash pac3 (15th of Khordad) and it use some other radar than iranian 15th of khordad
1648206103055-png.827110

Iran_unveils_new_Khordad_15_air_defense_missile_system_925_002.jpg
The model on display looks to somewhat resemble the earlier Talash sam system.Its use of the ofoogh 3 cw illuminator as its fire control radar points to it being a sarh equipped system,it also lacks the najim 04 aesa search radar and appears to use the AN/MPQ-50 radar from the mersad 16 sam system instead.
This looks to be the cheap low tech [export only?] version of this system.

Last edited:
Export version gets downgraded radar, not surprising.

Also the radar can be mixed and matched based on clients need/affordability.
Why not same thing happen about Bavar or AD200
and its not just lower tier equipment , its 1-2 generation downgrade

Well what I meant was this, first we gotta see it fully operational and deployed in Iran like other AD system introduced by Iran and deployed then introduce its export version and list of its specifications some video etc ... where are these documents? that's why I asked ...
Russia has sold all versions of S300 and S400 which are available to purchased used in battles and war how on earth we could compete with them while it is not even operational within Iran yet or American system like Patriot and which majority of our neighbors are armed with it.
Other issue is as we've witnessed American even could not stand Iran showcasing its weapons in an exhibition let alone to sell them in market .. remember what happened to Turkey over S-400 .. for sure Turkey is a NATO member which makes it more complex but still I think no one would dare to buy such a weapon from Iran maybe small drones rifle and etc etc but not such a system due to American pressure.
For sure arm export could bring and inject fund in our army but such a thing has its own political and economical challenges.

Well what I meant was this, first we gotta see it fully operational and deployed in Iran like other AD system introduced by Iran and deployed then introduce its export version and list of its specifications some video etc ... where are these documents? that's why I asked ...
Russia has sold all versions of S300 and S400 which are available to purchased used in battles and war how on earth we could compete with them while it is not even operational within Iran yet or American system like Patriot and which majority of our neighbors are armed with it.
Other issue is as we've witnessed American even could not stand Iran showcasing its weapons in an exhibition let alone to sell them in market .. remember what happened to Turkey over S-400 .. for sure Turkey is a NATO member which makes it more complex but still I think no one would dare to buy such a weapon from Iran maybe small drones rifle and etc etc but not such a system due to American pressure.
For sure arm export could bring and inject fund in our army but such a thing has its own political and economical challenges.

Bavar has been deployed in Iran for over 2 years. Iran isn’t going to show you were the batteries are deployed that’s National secret. Production is likely still slow and Bavar is still going thru upgrades.

Production lines for 3rd Khordad have been shown.

As for Russia, no one will touch Russia for years because of sanctions now. Also Russia made S-300 systems a political card against the West (see Iran and Syria), iran can sell Bavar to Syria, Venezuela, Libya, etc etc. smaller countries who the big arms dealers (Russia/China) avoid arming due to Western pressure and political games.

Lots of opportunity for Iran in arms dealing.

Bavar has been deployed in Iran for over 2 years. Iran isn’t going to show you were the batteries are deployed that’s National secret. Production is likely still slow and Bavar is still going thru upgrades.

As for Russia, no one will touch Russia for years because of sanctions now. Also Russia made S-300 systems a political card against the West (see Iran and Syria), iran can sell Bavar to Syria, Venezuela, Libya, etc etc. smaller countries who the big arms dealers (Russia/China) avoid arming due to Western pressure and political games.

Indeed Iran isn’t going to show me where the batteries are deployed but usually these things can not be hid from OSINT my only knowledge over it is Sabahifard once said first system has been deployed.. really I hope they did it as I said "like other AD system introduced by Iran and deployed" like 3rd Khordad as you mentioned ... but if really Iran is after commercializing its weapons gotta much more on presenting them especially when competition is severe in this field.

Any realistic chances Iran might ink a deal with a now firmly isolated Russia for Su-30s/35s though?

Back
Top Bottom