What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Any realistic chances Iran might ink a deal with a now firmly isolated Russia for Su-30s/35s though?
no as Su-30 is outdated and let be honest , Russia production capability for these aircraft is limited , and also Russia is not willing to give Iran the technology to maintain Su-35 domestically .
I say the chance of Iran getting new aircraft from European countries is a lot more than the chance of getting them from Russia , now you can guess the chance of Iran getting new Su-35 from russia

Any realistic chances Iran might ink a deal with a now firmly isolated Russia for Su-30s/35s though?

Putin may be more apt to share technology if he stays under sanctions. Russia arms industry about to take a big hit.

Still 50/50 if anything happens tho. Russia is pretty stubborn sharing sensitive tech.

I think that the chances of that have increased enormously.With the west now determined to use the same economic warfare against russia as it used against iran,one of the obvious targets will be its mic,both when it comes to imports of components as well as sales of finished products.
I suspect that from now on the number of potential customers for russian weapons will be greatly diminished,by the same token tho` russia will no longer have any reason not to sell weapons to iran,or indeed whoever else that it can,infact it will probably have few choices on that score if it wants to keep large parts of its mic functioning.
It will be very interesting to see if the egyptians ever do take delivery of su35s that they purchased,or are the f15s that they`re now finally going to be given by the us [after 40+ years of waiting and hoping] intended to be a replacement for the su35s,if so then russia may need to find a new buyer quickly.......I wonder who on earth it could turn to under those circumstances.........;)
I think theres a good chance that iran might actually do quite well out of this war economically and politically,from both east and west.
Time will tell of course.

no as Su-30 is outdated and let be honest , Russia production capability for these aircraft is limited , and also Russia is not willing to give Iran the technology to maintain Su-35 domestically .
I say the chance of Iran getting new aircraft from European countries is a lot more than the chance of getting them from Russia , now you can guess the chance of Iran getting new Su-35 from russia
No SU-30 is not outdated, please know what you are talking about. SU-30 has multiple variants, with the new SU-30SM2 having SU-35 radar, engine, and avionics. A possible SM3 could add SU-57 avionics over that. Iran is not going to get anything from Europe lol, but there's a much higher chance of SU-35 or SU-30SM2+

No SU-30 is not outdated, please know what you are talking about. SU-30 has multiple variants, with the new SU-30SM2 having SU-35 radar, engine, and avionics. A possible SM3 could add SU-57 avionics over that. Iran is not going to get anything from Europe lol, but there's a much higher chance of SU-35 or SU-30SM2+
The design is outdated and has 10 time radar signature of su35 and chance of getting aircraft from Europe is more than chance of Russia giving iran the technology to maintain su35

The Su-30 is not obsolete, it's nonsense! This forum continues its downward slide. Sad because it was better a few years ago.

This is the year of air defense, I hope that Iran and its supreme leader will agree to present us with some surprises. This will demonstrate as I have often said that Iran is much more advanced than these announcement processes. you have to shake up the forum people who are stagnating in their thoughts and analyses.

I think it will, and Raissi will speed up some of the unveilings that have been hidden for years. I've been feeling this for a few readings over the past few weeks. Iran always throws little clue to decode And I love it.

The design is outdated and has 10 time radar signature of su35 and chance of getting aircraft from Europe is more than chance of Russia giving iran the technology to maintain su35
You do realize the SU-35 and SU-30 basically have the same design besides the dual cockpit and canards?

chance of getting aircraft from Europe is more than chance of Russia giving iran the technology to maintain su35

No EU regime is going to sell Iran any fighter jets, not now and not in future, as long as the Islamic Republic is in power and stays its anti-imperialist and anti-zionist course. Unless you mean to say civilian aircraft, which is a different matter - and even on this front, they kept Iran under embargo for the most part.

Military aircraft, Russia is much more likely to sell to Iran. Just as Iran hasn't obtained any weapons system from the Europeans since 1979, except for the last few examples of the Sina class FAC ordered before the Revolution, which France agreed to deliver, some Steyr AUG anti-material sniper rifles as well as some small accessories for the border guards to be used in their fight against drug smugglers. By contrast, Russian arms exports to Iran have been much more meaningful and larger in quantity. As a matter of fact they have included fighter jets (batches of Mig-29 and Su-24 in the early 1990's).

Last edited:
This is disconnected from the ground reality. No EU regime is going to sell Iran any fighter jets, not now and not in future, as long as the Islamic Republic is in power and stays its anti-imperialist and anti-zionist course. Unless you mean to say civilian aircraft, which is a different matter - and even on this front, they kept Iran under embargo for the most part.

Military aircraft, Russia is much more likely to sell to Iran. Just as Iran hasn't obtained any weapons system from the Europeans since 1979, except for the last few examples of the Sina class FAC ordered before the Revolution, which France agreed to deliver, some Steyr AUG anti-material sniper rifles as well as some small accessories for the border guards to be used in their fight against drug smuggling gangs. By contrast, Russian arms exports to Iran have been much more meaningful and larger in quantity. As a matter of fact they have included fighter jets (batches of Mig-29 and Su-24 in the early 1990's).
not really and Russia will only sell the aircraft , but not the technology behind it . so what i said is correct.
You do realize the SU-35 and SU-30 basically have the same design besides the dual cockpit and canards?
there are difference in material and small difference in shape

The Su-30 is not obsolete, it's nonsense! This forum continues its downward slide. Sad because it was better a few years ago.

This is the year of air defense, I hope that Iran and its supreme leader will agree to present us with some surprises. This will demonstrate as I have often said that Iran is much more advanced than these announcement processes. you have to shake up the forum people who are stagnating in their thoughts and analyses.

I think it will, and Raissi will speed up some of the unveilings that have been hidden for years. I've been feeling this for a few readings over the past few weeks. Iran always throws little clue to decode And I love it.
why argue , we have seen its effectiveness, its a side step for our F-14s

not really and Russia will only sell the aircraft , but not the technology behind it . so what i said is correct.

there are difference in material and small difference in shape
Nothing significant in terms of shape. They're both absolutely massive aircraft. I believe SU-30SM2 is made with similar low RCS materials

Pray tell if there's something factually incorrect in my post. Technology will be difficult to obtain from Russia, but then it would be even more unrealistic to expect Europeans to agree to such a step wouldn't it? After all they're close military allies of Iran's major enemy the US. So you can sure doubt that Russia will supply Iran with anything game changing as far as the air force goes. Any of the Europeans acquiescing to it however is even less probable.

Last edited:
Now super honest western media claim Iran has sent it's Bavar373 along the purchased S300 to Russia to help them fight in Ukraine and they have multiple sources on the field and in intelligence services as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perhaps the next day they would claim that Iran has sent it's Kowthar fighter jet as well! It's a whole new level of lies distribution. I mean how can I trust a single line of these morons from now on!?

Now super honest western media claim Iran has sent it's Bavar373 along the purchased S300 to Russia to help them fight in Ukraine and they have multiple sources on the field and in intelligence services as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perhaps the next day they would claim that Iran has sent it's Kowthar fighter jet as well! It's a whole new level of lies distribution. I mean how can I trust a single line of these morons from now on!?

This article is pure insanity.... what compelled them to write such utter nonsense?

I guess when the subject is focused on Iran, Russia or any other country they don't like. It's free game as far as what can be said lol.

Iran sending a low-production yield, still experimental, high-end, hard to produce domestic AD system like the BAVAR-373 to Russia.... wow, just wow...

Last edited:

Have you forgot, Guardian was the main Pro ISIS outlet publishing anti Iran news 24/7? Their unnamed sources, the sources that couldn't be named, were reporting Iranian and Syrian chemical attacks against civilians. Beside the unnamed sources, Guardian quoted white helmets a branch of Al Qaeda.

Queen's lackies lack the brain.

The retarded media such as BBC Persian use words of Iranians to keep the useless channel relevant and to Hide their stupid goals. I promise you, the day Iranians stop contributing to such media, they would reveal their sheer stupidity in a matter of months.

Back
Top Bottom