What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Can someone translate this please?
FDxSBnjWYAALyVC

FDxSBnjWYAALyVC
I saw similar picture with specs in English,but I am not sure does it show exact same seeker since it was few months ago..one I saw showed missile ARH(active radar homing)seeker with active range of 45km.
ARH with 45km active range means missile has small onboard radar and can track and lock on its own in 45km range
SARH - semi-active radar homing relay on aircraft radar for homing it has also reduntant(backup) passive detector on missile that can detect signal reflected from target which is sent by radar from aircraft that cunched missile..So,unlike many belive,it can detect,track and lock target even if connection between aircraft and missile broke..but only if aircraft that lunched missile continue to scan/track target..it is called bistatic radar implementation. That is why it is named SEMI-ACTIVE,it has limited capability to operate on its own..

Last edited:
FDxSBnjWYAALyVC
I am not really proficient at translating these technical terms. hope it helps.
features​
notes​
seeker type​
active radio (maybe ARH?)​
range seeking limit​
>50km​
azimuth seeker limit​
>50°​
elevation seeker limit​
>50°​
transmitter Technology​
Semiconductor​
output update rate​
>20Hz​
output data type​
Digital Data​
output data format​
adaptive (?)​
input data update rate​
100Hz (actual number depends on the amount of data and Transmission speed)​
input data type​
Digital Data​
input data format​
adaptive (?)​

This looks to be footage of a test firing of the early talash sam system,we can see the earlier version of the oghab cw illuminator being used.
Whats interesting is that it looks like they may be using the mersad/kamin 16 AN/MPQ-50 radar as the search radar in this test,possibly another test involving inter-operability of sam system components?

I suspect from the curved antenna that its probably the truck mounted tor/tor copy sam system.
Could be but I have no idea what it is, Iran has several SAM products in testing phase

I am not really proficient at translating these technical terms. hope it helps.
features​
notes​
seeker type​
active radio (maybe ARH?)​
range seeking limit​
>50km​
azimuth seeker limit​
>50°​
elevation seeker limit​
>50°​
transmitter Technology​
Semiconductor​
output update rate​
>20Hz​
output data type​
Digital Data​
output data format​
adaptive (?)​
input data update rate​
100Hz (actual number depends on the amount of data and Transmission speed)​
input data type​
Digital Data​
input data format​
adaptive (?)​
Is there information on what missile is using that ARH seeker?

if they put a single Nasr-e Basir or Kowsar instead of those rocket launcher on those boats , they would have become a lot more effective
107mm 9 tube multiple rocket launcher, right?

9 of those rockets are 160 kilograms.

Back
Top Bottom