What's new

Iran unveils indigenous combat drone armed with AtoA missiles

Iran was using it's UAV's for attacking since 80's in Iran Iraq war & now they have relible MALE UAV's...We on the other side are still testing our abilities to make drones capable of mapping & recon only with endurance of few hours. So let me not explain your true motive behind the word "funny"...that second "flag" of yours is revealing everything.
Integrating a manpad with a UAV in itself is an achievement, maybe little when compared to what others (US, Europe, Israel) have achieved but significant for a country that is almost completely isolated form the rest of the world for almost 30 years. Just imagined if Iran was not isolated like she is now, what she would have achieved in 30 years? And then look at us? Do we have a moral standing to belittle Iran's efforts? I don't think so.

Iran was using it's UAV's for attacking since 80's in Iran Iraq war & now they have relible MALE UAV's...We on the other side are still testing our abilities to make drones capable of mapping & recon only with endurance of few hours. So let me not explain your true motive behind the word "funny"...that second "flag" of yours is revealing everything.

Same thoughts here brother, but it's difficult than it looks...SU-35 may come with fly away cost of around 70 to 80 million per unite & the rest of infrastructure may take the spendings to 10 billions...Iran don't seem to be in position of such spending since it's already "doing so much" in Palestine,Lebanon,Syria,Iraq & Yemen.
don't take it personally man . i have nothing to do with both iran saudi . don't know me ? not judge me .

its only a technical question do you know how mandpads works ?

I know about MANPADS, but sometimes you don't have exact explanations for what others have built...do you know what FBW or MIL-STD 1553 is called by Russians or Chinese?
Iran was firing RPG's from UAV's since 80's & it's a proved fact & if RPG can be fired from it in 80's then why can't some changed variant of MANPADS be fired in 2014? But it's not necessarily supposed to by an exact MANPAD but something with same configuration.

I know about MANPADS, but sometimes you don't have exact explanations for what others have built...do you know what FBW or MIL-STD 1553 is called by Russians or Chinese?
Iran was firing RPG's from UAV's since 80's & it's a proved fact & if RPG can be fired from it in 80's then why can't some changed variant of MANPADS be fired in 2014? But it's not necessarily supposed to by an exact MANPAD but something with same configuration.
yes thats better answer .

RPG is unguided rocket

but a man pa sam has 2 minutes battery after activate it a man has to lock the target from shoulder and fire it . or battery will over . a man-pad nee quick turn of 365 degree as target move .how can a UAV will do it simply ? RPG will be fired on ground target while SAM on moving areal targets boss think it

Well this drone will be deadly at least for helicopters and drones, but as well for low flying attack support planes. if it flies stealthy above or close to them, the man-pads can reach 7 km, with speed of Mach 2. Once launched they can reach their target in less than 5 seconds.
These man-pads have obviously became (Transformed to) missile launchers now. the drone plays the role of sighting the target, than launches the missile.

Last edited:
Well this drone will be deadly at least for helicopters and drones, but as well for low flying attack support planes. if it flies stealthy above or close to them, the man-pads can reach 7 km, with speed of Mach 2. Once launched they can reach their target in less than 5 seconds.
These man-pads have obviously became (Transformed to) missile launchers now. the drone plays the role of sighting the target, than launches the missile.
How would this work, in terms of getting the drone in firing position? Prop drivens ones are barely - if at all - fast enough to catch up with utility and attack helicopters. Mohajer-4 top speeds is 120-220km/h for example, depending on version. An armed trainer/light attack jet like Hawk does over 1000km/h. Bell-212 top speed is 223 km/h, mi-8 does 260km/h, ah-1 : 277 km/h and these are slower than newer types. I know the drone doesn't have to catch up if it does a frontal arc attack, which would also make sense from the point of view of letting the MANPADS acquire the target. But still, it would take very good vectoring by ground control and ground radar (how else will the drone detect air targets?) and frontal attacks means that they are more easily spotted.

IIRC Iran's MANPADS are infrared homing and based on the Chinese QW series, in turn often based on Russian Strela 2, SA-7 and follow ons. These have staring focal plane IR seekers, which IIRC do not have a very wide field of view i.e. you need to point the launcher quite well in order for the homing head to acquire and lock on the target.

but a man pa sam has 2 minutes battery

Power deficiency issue could be addressed via many other sources on board a UAV. However as Penguin said the real issue to tackle is Target acquisition and platform stability during and after a missile launch.

I think the Iranians have identified an intelligent solution as a LAST LINE OF DEFENCE. However I dont think this version or iteration of implementation is of any significance. It looks like a concept demonstrator for further research ..

The best option for Iran is to tie up with Russia again and try to get 3-4 squadrons of Su30 and if possible get a local assembly or over haul option like the Indians. Su30 is the best aircraft for guarding and patrolling large borders of Iran and can give a decent heads up warning and reply against any long range misadventures from Israelis.

Integrating a manpad with a UAV in itself is an achievement, maybe little when compared to what others (US, Europe, Israel) have achieved but significant for a country that is almost completely isolated form the rest of the world for almost 30 years. Just imagined if Iran was not isolated like she is now, what she would have achieved in 30 years? And then look at us? Do we have a moral standing to belittle Iran's efforts? I don't think so.

It's a load of _____ is what it is.

The original craft is too small to carry a missile. Leave alone safely.

My question is how will Iran communicate with these UAV ?
Non satellite based navigation and communication systems are good for line of sight operations.
Beyond that, do they expect the UAV to communicate via prayer ?

Please remember we are talking about high throughput real time links; which can send not only craft data, but also sensor data, target data etc.

The Ayatoullahs are only fooling people again.

My question is how will Iran communicate with these UAV ?
Non satellite based navigation and communication systems are good for line of sight operations.
Beyond that, do they expect the UAV to communicate via prayer ?
Please remember we are talking about high throughput real time links; which can send not only craft data, but also sensor data, target data etc.
The Ayatoullahs are only fooling people again.
The same way they shot down 3 US & an Israeli Drone....plus more than 5 recon entries of Iranian Drones in Israeli airspace & flights above US Navy Carriers with video footages as proof...!
Plus these Ayatollah's have defended Iran for more than thirty years against both Zionist & Wahabi savages, that's why their people have trust in them.

is unguided rocket

yes thats better answer .
RPG is unguided rocket
but a man pa sam has 2 minutes battery after activate it a man has to lock the target from shoulder and fire it . or battery will over . a man-pad nee quick turn of 365 degree as target move .how can a UAV will do it simply ? RPG will be fired on ground target while SAM on moving areal targets boss think it
As I have mentioned earlier brother..."improvisation"...!

The same way they shot down 3 US & an Israeli Drone....plus more than 5 recon entries of Iranian Drones in Israeli airspace & flights above US Navy Carriers with video footages as proof...!
Plus these Ayatollah's have defended Iran for more than thirty years against both Zionist & Wahabi savages, that's why their people have trust in them.
As I have mentioned earlier brother..."improvisation"...!

Religious opium of a another type I suppose.

well as i know these MANPADS have battery of few minutes after activate it and lock it in minutes and then fire . how can a UAV will move like man quickly after activate battery and lock the target . seems to me a joke .

The top 2 drones aren't particularly fast or the third not particularly manouvrable (not to mention lacking in A2A sensors): what is it going to hunt and how. Probably only other drones...?
alright , lemme explain .

the battery is supplied by the drone so there is no issue surrounding the power area .

the idea is not to scramble drones to fight helicopters and drones , the idea is to perform CAP in an area which u know has enemy activity and wait for the bait to get near .

Misagh-2 MANPADs have coolants , very powerful IR sensors and abt 3.1 mach speed (adding the speed of the drone)

there is no need to fill in your gaps by undermining other countries achievements

bc9d94c83fa85d8d1714135916d58a42.jpg

49ba4a29618648e75758961c1889e80b.jpg

8a9372de44fc26631bfcb14c4d43f5e6.jpg

Attachments

• 226db5148491de839d8cd47a2b75ebc0.jpeg
    226db5148491de839d8cd47a2b75ebc0.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom