What's new

Iran successfully produces a new generation of the Tomcat F-14

@Harry_Thomason

This possibility is very unlikely, due to many facts, one of them is geographic, others are that Arabs today are not willing to help the US(Israel) wage another war in the Area, since they are the main concerned nations and will suffer all the repercussions of such a war, last but not the least, Iran has the Basij Force of 11 000 000 (read it again that is eleven million asymmetric warfare combatants armed and ready 24 hours a day.), not counting the Mighty armed forces and the extraordinary IRGC, this makes Iran immune to such speculations. It is a regional super power in every sense of the word, The NAM summit and the confirmed presence (despite the sanctions) of more than 100 international countries proves it.

Only a crazy or insane entity (that wishes ill for the ME and the world) will provoke Iran beyond words and into a physical fight.

Please notice that my analysis is based on a synthesis of recent Iranian, as well as American and western military authorities statements.
you forgot the most impt reason: foreigners can't blend in. A foreigner will stick out like a sore thumb and sore thumbs don't survive in Iran. Look at Iraqi Kurdistan and how arab fighters can't even venture in, even though they've been part of Iraq forever and most of the kurds speak arabic. Iran is 10 times harder for an arab fighter to sneak in. 5 minutes inside the border and he'll have a noose around his neck waiting to be hoisted up by a crane to be executed.

you forgot the most impt reason: foreigners can't blend in. A foreigner will stick out like a sore thumb and sore thumbs don't survive in Iran. Look at Iraqi Kurdistan and how arab fighters can't even venture in, even though they've been part of Iraq forever and most of the kurds speak arabic. Iran is 10 times harder for an arab fighter to sneak in. 5 minutes inside the border and he'll have a noose around his neck waiting to be hoisted up by a crane to be executed.

Do you mean executing someone because they are Arab?
And Iran does have an Arab population.

@ Abii

Your intervention is clearly due to a low level education and understanding of the English language, the basij force is what I meant for that.
You are bringing in the Kurds and the Arabs to derail the thread, and your Jewish sentiments are too obvious, so next time keep your "comments" to yourself.

Latest Russian and EU fighters were killing F22 and F35 in dog fights, latest US fighters are good primarily for LONG range warfare.
Exercises aren't real deal. No matter how much an exercise is touted to be realistic; it never gets close to real warfare. Also, it is possible that defensive capabilities of US aircraft were 'deliberately' compromised in these engagements to evaluate their dog-fighting potential in non-advantageous scenarios. Get the point?

Nonetheless, many countries are canceling F35 orders or significantly cutting them back.
Reasons can be political and/or cost-related.

How do you know they will be ineffective? Santa Claus told you? :azn: Latest S400 is expected to be effective, B-373 - lets live and see. For every weapon counter-measure is developed, like for jamming (radars, missiles, etc), anti-jamming equipment is made. Surprised? Cat and mouse game never ends.
Stick to Iranian capabilities.

Here is some basic information about US electronic warfare capabilities: Electronic Warfare Weapons - Business Insider

For detailed/serious reading: http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/jel/service_pubs/afd2_5_1.pdf

Where did I showed beliefs about Iran's invincibility? Advice to you - dont put your words/ideas in others mouths, because I dont even have to defend something I never said :)
You always do. According to you; Iran is the strongest nation in the world with solution for every kind of challenge.

From discussions in this forum, it seems as if many Iranians suffer from hubris syndrome; too much devoid of ground realities. Without proper knowledge of things; many jump to conclusions.

5000 officially from US sources, but more than 50 000 from Iraqi count of US casualties, a realistic number if one is to believe that 1000 000 Iraqis lost their lives in the conflict, that was easy in Iraq though, since it is all flat terrain and Americans went on a hunting party...
This is age of information and deception. Can you validate 50,000 KIA figure? In older times, it was easy to conceal facts. But situation has changed in the 21st century. In fact, US is very open about revealing its casualty figure in warfare; more so then many other nations.

Terrain wise, Iraq is not a paradise either. Much of the country is filled with desert and northern regions are mountainous. Desert conditions pack challenges of their own.

Iran is too mountainous for a land invasion and too fierce in a fight, Hezbollah war in Lebanon of 2006 is but a tiny sample of what awaits America and Israel in particular and the whole region in general (relatively speaking, since it might spread very quickly to a WW3 scenario if China - which never jokes in these matters- enters the war overtly to protect Iran and itself eventually).
Do not confuse IDF with US armed forces in terms of warfare capabilities. According to Iraqi commanders; IDF pales in comparison to US armed forces.

Also, US have learned a lot from Afghanistan about fighting in mountainous regions. And if you expect me to believe that entire populace of Iran is Rambo-like; don't.

Also, do not kid yourself with the assumption that China will aid Iran. This is not COLD WAR era during which China used to be much more economically independent.

The USsrael never dared to speak about invading Iran (just an air campaign to destroy the Iranian nuclear installations, but the latest remarks from the highest military officials of the US are telling Israel to keep its sickness to itself and to be realistic. Iran is extremely powerful militarily speaking.)
Present geopolitical climate does not favours another Iraq style invasion. Iraqi mission was not positive for US image. But reasons for not attacking Iran are different from what you believe. Iranian military might and political outbursts do not scare US. You should remember that US was/is willing to thwart any Iranian attempt to block Straight of Hormuz as an example.

In case of Israel; Iran is in beneficial position of not being located geographically close to Israel. Any attack from IDF will be very ambitious mission and may be carried out after reaching non-interference agreements with neighbouring countries in the path towards Iran.

Here is a sample of what was happening in Iraq day in day out when the Iraqis decided to fight the Americans, at the rate you will see in the following video, 5000 US casualties can happen in few months, imagine 8 to 9 years... that is why the US leaved Iraq... in panic mode.
War is messy business. But you cannot generalize about the whole picture on the basis of videos like these. At the end of the day, US army wasn't wiped out in Iraq or was it?

Iraqi resistance movement began in 2004 and peaked during 2007. However, it lost its momentum and effectiveness afterwards when US took the challenge very seriously. The situation became so dire for Iraqi clerics leading resistance forces that they had to flee to neighbouring countries. Most prominent example is of Muqtada Al-Sadr.

Check this link for momentum of insurgency related activities in Iraq: Interactive: A timeline of violence - Secret Iraq Files - Al Jazeera English

For detailed analysis; Varieties of Counterinsurgency: A Case Study of Iraq, 2003-2009 (Jon Lindsay) - Academia.edu

And US withdrawal process from Iraq is among the most peaceful events in the history of warfare; let alone in modern times. So what kind of panic mode you are talking about?

US left Iraq after stabilizing it, preventing its breakup, implementing democracy and developing modern Iraqi armed forces. Get your facts straight.

This is ONE sniper who made something like 1000 American casualties in one year in Baghdad, the same thing was going on in every Iraqi city with thousands of snipers all over Iraq.
The US could lose all its soldiers in Iraq very quickly if it didn't hide them in their barracks and had no other choice but to leave this Muslim Arab place called IRAQ.

Baghdad sniper kills Americans mice - YouTube
Sorry brother; the 1000 figure seems like a fictional account.

Check this realistic account: Amazon.com: American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History (9780062082350): Chris Kyle, Scott McEwen, Jim DeFelice: Books

Also, US military performed really well in urban environments of Iraq. As an example; here is Chinese assessment of the most iconic US military engagement against forces of resistance in Iraqi history: http://sa.rochester.edu/jur/issues/fall2007/chang.pdf

It is apparent from your posts that you are in absolute denial about the ground realities of war in Iraq. Sorry.

This possibility is very unlikely, due to many facts, one of them is geographic, others are that Arabs today are not willing to help the US(Israel) wage another war in the Area, since they are the main concerned nations and will suffer all the repercussions of such a war

Arabs are helping with a lot of West wars in ME, - Libya/Syria, etc. PGGC funded Iraq with 60 bln. per year against Iran as well. Currently they are allegedly pushing US to bomb Iran too, and constantly screams how Iran is "the threat" and helping the West to sabotage it.

If anything, riches from the oil and US cover made Arabs very aggressive lately.

Thats not entirely accurate. Few points:

* There were plenty of terrorism against Iran, multiple that by 100x and you'll understand whats coming if West/Arabs will focus on Iran like they do on Syria now. Lots of assassinations, bombing, sabotage of infrastructure, etc.

* About blending in - MEK, Jundullah and PKK do it just fine. Add Azerbaijanis, Turks, also Iran has Arabs too. Blending in wont be an issue.

* A lot of people sell out if price is right (or West promises are high), "Greens" anyone? Very popular ex-president Khatami and Mousavi are among of the sell outs too. I know its hard for you to admit, but billions can buy a lot of local support, and Iran is not an exception.

* Iran physically cant fully protect its borders, its just too vast. Even short borders with tight security cant fully deny illegals, what to speak of Iran, - its virtually impossible.

Combine all of the above and its not a pretty picture. It wouldnt be wise to ignore the danger and imagine how Iran "immune." Its like assassinations, MEK, Jundullah, etc. never happened.

If fighter aircraft manufacturing is so easy then why Iran not producing new F-14 instead of changing some Engine and parts . Iran need to get modern fighter from Russia or China . I think J-10 and even second hand Su-27 may be more effective tools to show some resistance against the mighty USA . But comparing the military option US has with the Iranian rhetoric probability of Iran's air force doing any thing against US air force is seems day dreams . as a well wisher of Islamic republic hope Iran put some resistance against the Zionist entity .

If fighter aircraft manufacturing is so easy then why Iran not producing new F-14 instead of changing some Engine and parts . Iran need to get modern fighter from Russia or China . I think J-10 and even second hand Su-27 may be more effective tools to show some resistance against the mighty USA . But comparing the military option US has with the Iranian rhetoric probability of Iran's air force doing any thing against US air force is seems day dreams . as a well wisher of Islamic republic hope Iran put some resistance against the Zionist entity .
Believe me,if they sold these jets to us,we would have strongest air force in region.The problem is,they don't sell any military equipment to us,neither China,nor Russia,not anymore.So we have to do our best and build our own jet.

Believe me,if they sold these jets to us,we would have strongest air force in region.The problem is,they don't sell any military equipment to us,neither China,nor Russia,not anymore.So we have to do our best and build our own jet.

Caucasus ? sure you probably are already

Russia not to be trusted and China is still to dependent on the US/West.

Iran needs to carry on the way it is going and it should be fine.

Caucasus ? sure you probably are already
Why do you try to prove your stupidity to us in every thread?
I said if Russia or other countries would sell Iran jet fighters,we would have strongest air force in region,maybe after Israel,since Iran was going to but tons of jets.
I'm not talking about current Iran's air force.

I said if Russia or other countries would sell Iran jet fighters,we would have strongest air force in region,maybe after Israel,since Iran was going to but tons of jets.

GCC already have the strongest air force in the ME, KSA air force is going to take this postion due to the completion of the delivery of the signed contracts. It will be as the following:
1- GCC
2- KSA
3- Israel
4- Turkey
5- Egypt
6- UAE

How can Iran buy all them jets even if they sold , Iran defence budget is around $7+ billion right? Maybe a spending like greece would hit Iran economy hard.

GCC already have the strongest air force in the ME, KSA air force is going to take this postion due to the completion of the delivery of the signed contracts. It will be as the following:
1- GCC
2- KSA
3- Israel
4- Turkey
5- Egypt
6- UAE
Look with who I'm arguing,ok Fu** it,I'm done,these people do not understand English language or can not think properly.

Ottoman-Turk:Iran's defense budget is 15 billions in 2012,it increased 120% in this year.
When I said they 'if' they sold jets to us,it meant we wouldn't be under sanctions and then it would mean our economy would be much powerful,so naturally,we could buy lots of jets.But it's to hard for you to understand.
forget about it,let's just cut it here.

Back
Top Bottom