What's new

Iran: Purchase of Russian Su-30 fighters on agenda

Russia is neutral. Unlike America which recognizes Israel but not Palestine, Russia recognizes both Israel and Palestine. Anyway, the point is, Russia has independent foreign policy, not beholden to any country like Israel or America. Russia sells whatever it wants to whomever it wants. It's no one else's business.
Thats a nice theory,but sadly when it came to the bulk of irans previous commercial and other dealings with russia it just isnt true I`m afraid.The russians had a rather unsavory habit of choosing short term political gain with their "bestest friends" in the west over long term economic and political gain with iran,or in other words the russians were reliably unreliable most of the time and even on the few occasions when they did come thru,well...whats the old saying about a day late and a ruble short[lol!].
Now of course things have changed to a considerable degree recently,the west ie the euros,have initiated a cold war 2.0 against the russians and even trump has,somewhat reluctantly I`m sure,really had little choice but to go along with it.Unfortunately tho rouhani and co are still fixated on the jcpoa and hoping that the euros can save it[and whats left of his political career] pretty much to the exclusion of everything else[no plan B it seems],so altho in theory this could be one of the best opportunities iran has had to get a lot out of the russians it seems doubtful that the current iranian government will take advantage of it sadly,oh well....

Thats a nice theory,but sadly when it came to the bulk of irans previous commercial and other dealings with russia it just isnt true I`m afraid.The russians had a rather unsavory habit of choosing short term political gain with their "bestest friends" in the west over long term economic and political gain with iran,or in other words the russians were reliably unreliable most of the time and even on the few occasions when they did come thru,well...whats the old saying about a day late and a ruble short[lol!].
Now of course things have changed to a considerable degree recently,the west ie the euros,have initiated a cold war 2.0 against the russians and even trump has,somewhat reluctantly I`m sure,really had little choice but to go along with it.Unfortunately tho rouhani and co are still fixated on the jcpoa and hoping that the euros can save it[and whats left of his political career] pretty much to the exclusion of everything else[no plan B it seems],so altho in theory this could be one of the best opportunities iran has had to get a lot out of the russians it seems doubtful that the current iranian government will take advantage of it sadly,oh well....

Trump won't be in office forever. Sooner or later Dems take back WH.

you forget to mention, "after witholding the system for 10 years!"
and only after Russia realized Iran is on the path surpassing the S-300 PMU-2 technology very soon, it had no choice because of the lawsuit
and no, Russia is not a trustwothy partner (many withholded projects like the Busher nuclear plant, Kilo submarine overhauling, fighter jet cooperation....), history shows it
And Kremlin is full with jews, also a too strong Iran is not in the interest of Russia
As member @yavar once sayd, Russia is only willing to sell stuff to Iran which it could achieve technologically by itself (thats why Russia proposed T-90 to Iran, because Iran was on the right path)...but Russia is not willing to sell anything above Irans possibilities..

That's BS. Your EU demonization of Russia don't work. Russia is good friend with Iran. Who sold MiG-29 to Iran? Certainly not Germany.

Russia sells whatever it wants to whomever it wants. It's no one else's business.
that's why they agreed to not sell iran s-300 for 10 years despite a signed contract and fully paid for after israel and the USA told russia not to??

and why did russia still not give syria s-300 to defend itself even after so many contracts signed??

common factor: israel doesn't let them.

you forget to mention, "after witholding the system for 10 years!"
and only after Russia realized Iran is on the path surpassing the S-300 PMU-2 technology very soon, it had no choice because of the lawsuit
and no, Russia is not a trustwothy partner (many withholded projects like the Busher nuclear plant, Kilo submarine overhauling, fighter jet cooperation....), history shows it
And Kremlin is full with jews, also a too strong Iran is not in the interest of Russia
As member @yavar once sayd, Russia is only willing to sell stuff to Iran which it could achieve technologically by itself (thats why Russia proposed T-90 to Iran, because Iran was on the right path)...but Russia is not willing to sell anything above Irans possibilities..
+1!

iran must get closer to china and tell russia to go to hell, they have never been a good ally and iranians do not like russia! russia has fantastic missile and engine technology but who cares if they never sell anything useful to iran when we need it, russia's economy is finished, china and india are the future and the rest we can make ourselves.

that's why they agreed to not sell iran s-300 for 10 years despite a signed contract and fully paid for after israel and the USA told russia not to??

It's not Russia's fault Iran was building nukes in violation of UN treaty. Even Pakistan got sanctioned for many years by America for building nukes.

Who sold MiG-29 to Iran when no one else sold planes to Iran? Russia did.

Now you diss Russia. You have no spine to diss Russia.

It's not Russia's fault Iran was building nukes in violation of UN treaty. Even Pakistan got sanctioned for many years by America for building nukes.

Who sold MiG-29 to Iran when no one else sold planes to Iran? Russia did.

Now you diss Russia. You have no spine to diss Russia.
even israeli/US intelligence says iran wasn't building nukes, your master Netanyahu has been crying about Iran getting nukes since 1992 so of course zionist-controlled russia did his bidding and voted for the sanctions. if iran wanted nukes it would have nukes by now!

iran ordered 75 mig-29, russia delivered 24 and cancelled the rest! and that is your example of russia not being a zionist shit ally!

putin is controlled by netanyahu and kadyrov, tell him don't cry when everybody buys from china and not russia soon

Nope. Russians are the proudest people on the planet. They ain't controlled by anyone. If Iran wasn't building nukes, then why sign nuclear deal?
you can say it one million times, it would still be true zero times: everybody sees the facts.

if iran was building nukes you think they would stop everything after investing so much time and money? they got rid of half of the centrifuges for no sanctions, at the time it was good idea. i say again, if iran wanted nukes they would have it.

where is your evidence that US/Israeli intelligence are wrong when they said no evidence iran is building nuclear weapons??? same place as your evidence that israel is not a puppet of israel: non existent!

bibi cried wolf since 1992 and his russian puppets followed orders:

https://theintercept.com/2015/03/02/brief-history-netanyahu-crying-wolf-iranian-nuclear-bomb/

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4633272,00.html

you can say it one million times, it would still be true zero times: everybody sees the facts.

if iran was building nukes you think they would stop everything after investing so much time and money? they got rid of half of the centrifuges for no sanctions, at the time it was good idea. i say again, if iran wanted nukes they would have it.

where is your evidence that US/Israeli intelligence are wrong when they said no evidence iran is building nuclear weapons??? same place as your evidence that israel is not a puppet of israel: non existent!

So what Brit? Iran is getting Su-30 and there is NOTHING you can do to stop it.

So what Brit? Iran is getting Su-30 and there is NOTHING you can do to stop it.
you think my problem is i don't want iran to get su-30? every time i think yuo cannot get more stupid you prove me wrong. i want iran to get su-35 and su-30 they are fantastic and much needed, but by the time russia gets permission from its zionist masters to sell i think china will have better offers anyway!

you think my problem is i don't want iran to get su-30? every time i think yuo cannot get more stupid you prove me wrong. i want iran to get su-35 and su-30 they are fantastic and much needed, but by the time russia gets permission from its zionist masters to sell i think china will have better offers anyway!

Shuush Brit. YOU have no place in Iran.

Stay in Britain and don't go to Iran.

Your either stupid or blind to facts.

Russia is no ally of Iran.

Iran’s best bet is to move closer to China and continue with indiginous programs.

I know the sanctions are in place now but Iran has to take advantage of the political battles being fought between the US and China as well as EU.

Perhaps the Iranians can approach the Chinese to license build the J-10A in Iran.

This may have multiple benefits.

Firstly, it engages local Iranian industry.

It allows the IRIAF to have new airframes in the 4th generation and will allow for the retirement of several types currently flying such as F-4.

Also perhaps Iran can use the J-10 as a platform to integrate newer technologies to perhaps field an indigenous platform further down the line.

Also this would be a MAJOR middle finger to the US by China.

Of course if the J-10 B or C are on offer I would get those.

Why isn’t this happening?

China is also eager to export the J-10. Iran picking up a fair amount would be a win win.

Back
Top Bottom