What's new

Iran: Purchase of Russian Su-30 fighters on agenda

let tell you a secret , Airforce even didn't touch those F-7 ,they were just parked on airfield for more than a decade and nobody touched them till IRGC decided ,it want its own air wing.end even them use it for testing and practice.

also what is the use of an airplane that only engage targets at 35km when it come face to face with f15 and f16 ?

What do you suggest at this time then?

you forget to mention, "after witholding the system for 10 years!"
and only after Russia realized Iran is on the path surpassing the S-300 PMU-2 technology very soon, it had no choice because of the lawsuit
and no, Russia is not a trustwothy partner (many withholded projects like the Busher nuclear plant, Kilo submarine overhauling, fighter jet cooperation....), history shows it
And Kremlin is full with jews, also a too strong Iran is not in the interest of Russia
As member @yavar once sayd, Russia is only willing to sell stuff to Iran which it could achieve technologically by itself (thats why Russia proposed T-90 to Iran, because Iran was on the right path)...but Russia is not willing to sell anything above Irans possibilities..

So your point is Russia will just sold weapons within Iran possibilities,if so why Russia would sell Iran Su-30 if Iran doesn't have possibilities to build 4+ generation fighter jet? This claims would have been meaning that Iran-Russia Su-30 deal is hoax!

Other than Su-30, Iran can also opt for the smaller MiG-29 M / M2 bought by Egypt and Syria and Iraq. Considering Iran already operates MiG-29, the transition to the more advanced version is simple and straightforward. Smaller planes are less expensive to service.

Iran can also replace its F-7 with JF-17 which is the same size.

**** those upgrades by Russia wait for Iraq have MiG-35 im sure Iran would steal it and reverse engineer it

What do you suggest at this time then?
nothing ,wait for 2020 and see then what is on offer .
meantime do something about other sectors .
like strengthen our round Force Air Wings or more precisely our Helicopter Fleet.
Do Something with the investment we made in Iran-140 , it may not be a good Civilian Aircraft , but with some modification It can be used for a platform for Electronic Warfare and Early warning and can be used as a patrol Aircraft .
and also go forward with Qaher project ,it has the potentials to become our Indigenous light fighter with some more development.
and also build a better engine , Owj won't do it at all , maybe its good for a trainer but for a fighter it lack enough power

My guess is Iran go for Su-30SM armed with BrahMos for anti ship and MiG-35 for air defense. No need for small planes like F-5.

True, but Su-30 is the only plane big enough to fire BrahMos.
What about Su-24?
what about something else for example C-130?

guess any plane which can carry up to 3t on each pylon can carry it or use a Kit that distribute its weight on 2 or 3 adjacent Pylon .

So your point is Russia will just sold weapons within Iran possibilities,if so why Russia would sell Iran Su-30 if Iran doesn't have possibilities to build 4+ generation fighter jet? This claims would have been meaning that Iran-Russia Su-30 deal is hoax!

**** those upgrades by Russia wait for Iraq have MiG-35 im sure Iran would steal it and reverse engineer it
Hell,in theory iran could`ve already produced a local radar upgrade for the mig29 fleet years ago based on the N019ME radar from the mig29S/Fulcrum C,which the dprk has a few of in service and which I`m sure iran could`ve acquired/borrowed/traded at least one of the radars in question from,altho to really get the most out of that you would also need to reverse/reengineer the r77/aa12,tho the syrians now possess these it seems and so does yemen,so....,of course if theres no money or political will for such things then...[shrugs]
Ultimately the problem here is a lack of resources for the airforce and pretty much always has been,and frankly I just dont see that changing sadly...,and altho I can understand the reasoning behind this I think that the failure to develop indigenous upgrades for the airfleet was a mistake,in addition at some point in time a serious effort has to be made to acquire new more modern aircraft,not just fighters/strike platforms,but transports both fixed wing and rotary,attack helos,naval patrol and also aew/awacs etc.....,oh and lets not forget the airliner fleet either as I think the chances of getting any of those much promised boeings,airbus,atrs are looking preeetty slim frankly[lol].
The existing machines arent going to last forever unfortunately,indeed I`d say quite a few,especially the old western supplied machines from the pahlavi regime era,are getting extremely close to retirement age and the russian stuff probably isnt that far behind it either.

What about Su-24?
what about something else for example C-130?

guess any plane which can carry up to 3t on each pylon can carry it or use a Kit that distribute its weight on 2 or 3 adjacent Pylon .

Su-24 technically can but Russia is phasing it out and won't integrate BrahMos on an obsolete platform. Any integration of BrahMos is on Su-30 or Su-34 or Su-35. Each plane can carry only 1 BrahMos. It's big.

let tell you a secret , Airforce even didn't touch those F-7 ,they were just parked on airfield for more than a decade and nobody touched them till IRGC decided ,it want its own air wing.end even them use it for testing and practice.

also what is the use of an airplane that only engage targets at 35km when it come face to face with f15 and f16 ?
Didnt they use the f7s as supersonic trainers?,probably about all they would`ve actually been good for anyway.I can only imagine what the iranian pilots must`ve thought when they climbed into the cockpit of one of these,I suspect the reactions were probably along these lines::o::laughcry::no::nono::tsk::cuckoo::guns::suicide::suicide2::cry::sick::tdown::rofl::pissed:...ETC[LOL!!]

True, but Su-30 is the only plane big enough to fire BrahMos.

Iran doesn’t need BrahMos, it is already working on supersonic cruise missile.

Iran will not “buy” another countries missile especially when it can produce it themselves. Furthermore, Russia/India wouldn’t dare sell iran an supersonic missile, they are subservent to West and What the West wants.

Let me do some hammering
Iran air-force was not going to have 3 airplane , it was going to have 2 , F14 and F16 all F4 and F5 was supposed to retire when the delivery of F14 and F16 were completed.

about Azaraksh being a replacemen for f5 , you don't think its a shame to replace F-5 with Upgraded Same F5 after 40 years.
the F-5 was a flying coffin when it faced Old Russian fighter of Iraq ,I wonder what it will be against latest F-15 or F35 and be assured 10 to 15 percent increase in power won't cut it. we need that 4 time more powerful engine to be able produce an engine for an acceptable modern light fighter ,and I yet to see an Iranian AESA radar for fighter jets .
also that 4 time more powerful engine wont have TVC

Iran don't need 1000 fighter plane
A heavy Fighter for Air superiority and by trend of the countries around us it better be 5th generation and then one lighter fighter
Pahlavi apparently did order the f18 as well for some strange reason.

Pahlavi apparently did order the f18 as well for some strange reason.
there is no documentation on that , the only proven ones are F-14 and F-16, at the time of Pahlavi F-18 was in development but only introduced in 1983 its first flight was in November 1978 less than 4 month before fall of the Pahlavi dynasty in February 1979

US didn’t even really want to selling F-14 to iran.

The Shah was a boy who liked his toys and the Shah was asking the US for too much, so they gave him the F-14 to shut him up. Sad truth.

Iran was the biggest client of US arms in the 1970’s IN THE WORLD.

US didn’t respect the Shah 1 iota.

Back
Top Bottom