What's new

Iran launching missiles towards ISIS positions

Now CIA is kicking itself why they flew RQ-170 inside iran.
Also after the demonestration it can be good bargaining tools if we want to get modern 5th generation superiority fighter from Russia or China.

China is much further ahead of Iran in UAV technology.

China has already reached advance prototype stage for the worlds first stealth fighter jet UAV “Dark Sword”.

d1qikntta4cp8k.cloudfront.net

Iran really has nothing to offer China in UAV realm.

Russia is a different story and Iran has already transferred technology to them.

But Russia isn’t going to give up the technology that Iran really needs (engines, radar absorbing panels, fighter jet radar, electronic suite).

Now CIA is kicking itself why they flew RQ-170 inside iran.
Also after the demonestration it can be good bargaining tools if we want to get modern 5th generation superiority fighter from Russia or China.

Fucked up logic ... RQ-170's reconnaissance components are superior to anything Russia or China have !

We can't get anything from them !

Increase the light in the video, Shahed's fat body, downward wings and V-shaped tail is clearly visible!

Nope ... It's not true

Jet powered UCAV is simorgh (S-171) for sure

I know ... It's simorgh

Normal ballistic missiles can't ... But Iranian ballistic missiles developed to be accurate :)

It's saeghe and has no V-tail !

Nope !

More than 3 versions ... :D

Saeghe has no internal weapon bay !

Only S-171 has enough space for that ...

Farsnews tells pussy & poem !

Yes Farsnews has tendencies for K&S.

But if you compare the size of the Sadid test drop with the airframe you will see that it is smaller than the RQ-170.
Plus: This variant has a enlarged belly section, just to house those two Sadids. There would be no need for that in the original size RQ-170.

I agree that it looks bigger than the jet Saeghe, but not up to RQ-170 size.

Iran still seems to have problems with a engine that is on-pair with that of the RQ-170. So Irans variant may be smaller or fly at lower altitudes. The exposed engine nozzle in comparison to the RQ-170 tells the story that high altitude intrusions into enemy airspace at high stealth level is not part of the mission of this Iranian variant.

So I think this is a engine driven design variant in terms of size and operation altitude, still below the RQ-170 level. But maybe much more cost effective and produceable which makes it in total something as good.

Its always the same story: Do you buy something with 80% of the performance level of the other system for just 40% of the price or do you insist on the 100% system.

But if you compare the size of the Sadid test drop with the airframe you will see that it is smaller than the RQ-170.
Plus: This variant has a enlarged belly section, just to house those two Sadids. There would be no need for that in the original size RQ-170.

Iran still seems to have problems with a engine that is on-pair with that of the RQ-170. So Irans variant may be smaller or fly at lower altitudes. The exposed engine nozzle in comparison to the RQ-170 tells the story that high altitude intrusions into enemy airspace at high stealth level is not part of the mission of this Iranian variant.

So I think this is a engine driven design variant in terms of size and operation altitude, still below the RQ-170 level. But maybe much more cost effective and produceable which makes it in total something as good.

Its always the same story: Do you buy something with 80% of the performance level of the other system for just 40% of the price or do you insist on the 100% system.

Well it wouldn’t make sense to insist on super stealthy 75% scale RQ-170 bomber variant that can only carry two bombs if it means a much greater cost per aircraft.

If iran is going to build a true stealth bomber variant of RQ-170, it would likely do so for a big size bomber.

The Sofreh Mahi prototype that was unveiled at 50 or 70%(not sure) mockup a few years ago was much bigger than RQ-170.

Iran should strive for at least 3,000KG payload capability (Heron TP has 2,700KG) 3,000 KM operational radius.

If Iran seeks even a 50% scale B-2 size unmanned bomber, that would give it 6,000-10,000KG payload capacity.

But for starters 3,000KG will be a good first step.

Fucked up logic ... RQ-170's reconnaissance components are superior to anything Russia or China have !

We can't get anything from them !

Nope ... It's not true
that's why they might be interested in those systems . so they might be willing to make a deal

Bro ... I'm not an ordinary fanboy !

I know what I'm talking about ... You can be sure about what I said here :)

Bro ... I'm not an ordinary fanboy !

I know what I'm talking about ... You can be sure about what I said here :)

Khob. I don't say it was not the S-171 I just take worst case approach plus the video material that was showed.

I have no insider information and because the S-171 is a operational "black" system of the IRGC and they have several such black systems which they don't show in public (but visible in google earth), I can only base my opinion on the video material released.
Your insider information is welcome.
Due to its black nature, the IRGC would only show footage of the S-171 that is unclear, such as early weapon-bay release testing footage potentially of subscale prototypes.
Light conditions, video perspective and stability shows that some of the footage was from testings.
So where full-scale Shaheed-171 Simorgh doing the long range cross border operation last night? Well possible.

I just hope those two Sadids from the drop test were either much upscale types or just a subscale prototype.

Here is another frame!

camera is on the left side of the drone:
View attachment 502480

Why would Iran put a identification light underneath the head of the UAV where the FLIR is supposed to be? That would interfere with the sensor.

Identification lights are usually put on the wing, tail, and belly of aircraft.

Why would Iran put a identification light underneath the head of the UAV where the FLIR is supposed to be? That would interfere with the sensor.

Identification lights are usually put on the wing, tail, and belly of aircraft.
For take off and landing at night!

Back
Top Bottom