What's new

Iran launching missiles towards ISIS positions

Stealth drone was Simorgh not Saegheh.
View attachment 502435

Sound of Propeller belongs to a variant of Shahed series with a V-tail (Shahed-125 most likely)
View attachment 502437

Newest generation of Qiam was used.
View attachment 502439

red dots are the targets:
View attachment 502440

Not only U.S backed forces don't finish them, but even allowed them to launch their operation in Ahvaz city of Iran.

@PeeD in the first image you can clearly see the jet nozzle.

i think we can all agree than iranian drones are very confusing and difficult to classify/distinguish

they made like 3 different versions of the rq-170 copy, but good to test them all out with changes etc

7 Saeghe drones with 2 x Sadid PGMs in their weapon bay. Thats still 14 PGMs with 30m kill zone against soft targets. Probably with a cheap to operate prop engine and 1000km operation radius.
Plus they are likely stealthy enough to do the job without being intercepted by NATO forces in the region.

Shaheed-129 would probably have been detected and was thus not useful in a mission around that area. 7 S-129 would have delivered 28 instaed of 14 PGMs.

Lets see if post-strike footage i released today.

Its not Simorgh, those two Sadid are too large in scale. But maybe a Simorgh was used to guide the Saeghes and do the targeting and communication.

but you can see this on the wings in the video.

Samoghred-kopie-1200x675.jpg

They could just fly the drones no further than a 3 to 0.5 miles range within the Iranian airspace. They dont need to be flown over the border unless there is an agreement that fleeing attackers can be shot and killed.

Pakistan should welcome such a move, unless they are on the side of Iran's enemies and sending their illegal immigrants to Europe via Iran and Turkey. Then obviously they wouldnt want Iran to increase border monitoring and policing. But if that isnt the case, then there would be no rationale to have a problem with Iran flying armed drones as part of border control and security.

Afghanistan should also welcome such a policy if it ever became a reality. It will save lives and combat cross-border crime in the long run.

Europe would be one of the biggest beneficiaries of such a policy too. The EU could easily invest and partner Frontex with Iranian border police if they were smart and had any guts to take independent policy decisions.
i hope but the last time a shahed 125 uav from iran went to Pakistan, They destroyed it

i think we can all agree than iranian drones are very confusing and difficult to classify/distinguish

they made like 3 different versions of the rq-170 copy, but good to test them all out with changes etc

Yes, there are so many versions of these UAVs at least 3 versions. this UAV has been secret up till now.

Iran relies on radio/radar to guide its UAVs and radio doesn’t have a large radius. So the operator must be within 250-500KM of the UAV.

Furthermore, given that Syria is a heavily electronic warfare battle zone, the operator would likely be EVEN closer (likely in Dier Ez Zoor area of syria).

While it is possible the Simorgh/Saeghe has sat data link system, it would have to rely on GLONASS/GPS which even during Peacetime is a risk given the theater in which it is operating in.

It’s possible the UAV took off from Kermanshahr and went into autopilot. During the flight it checked into radar ground stations operated by Iran in iraq and GPS/GLONASS for redundancy. Upon getting close to Syria, the operator took control did the munitions drop and landed the UAV at military airport in dier ez zoor.

Just guessing.

Shahed-125 even latest generation doesn’t have internal weapons bay.

Iran says that all of the uavs crossed the airspace of several countries and carefully traveled to the operation site in Syria

@PeeD in the first image you can clearly see the jet nozzle.

Yes but scalewise it is not a full S-171 and as Fars news calls it Saeghe we should go for a variant of the jet powered Saeghe as also presented 2016 beside the prop variant.

Although I think the footage is from testings and test flights.

yes i think the piston-powered uav was this version.

1395071016044265288126410.jpg

or this
farmande-960126-11.jpg

You do realize the seaghe and Simorgh both come in jet and piston powered variants?

This conjecture that it has to be another UAV entirely is based without fact.

Furthermore, neither of these UAVs you mentioned have the endurance to fly to Syria from Iran.

Yes but scalewise it is not a full S-171 and as Fars news calls it Saeghe we should go for a variant of the jet powered Saeghe as also presented 2016 beside the prop variant.

The fact that Iran used up to 7 Saeghe instead of 2-3 Simorghs, points to several possibilities.

1) Simorgh bomber variant is still not ready

2) Simorgh technology is too sensitive to risk losing (enemy intel)

3) Simorgh is overall more expensive to operate and less have been produced.

One shouldn’t forget the Fotros UAV, a promising massive UAV that was eventually shelved by Iran.

Meanwhile, while this is first unveiling of internal weapons bay version of Seaghe. Smaller Non weapons bay versions have been destroyed by US/Israel before.

Also one shouldn’t doubt that Iran is developing more capable fighter aircraft based on this information. Just because Iran hasn’t unveiled a newer prototype of F-313 or Sofreh Mahi or heavy fighter doesn’t mean they aren’t being developed.

You do realize the seaghe and Simorgh both come in jet and piston powered variants?

This conjecture that it has to be another UAV entirely is based without fact.

Furthermore, neither of these UAVs you mentioned have the endurance to fly to Syria from Iran.

You do realize the seaghe and Simorgh both come in jet and piston powered variants? yes i know that
I did not say that I'm sure I said that I think, i might be totally wrong. It was just a guess

Iranian missiles that targeted eastern Syria early Monday came within three miles of US troops in the country, a US defense official told CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/01/middleeast/iran-syria-missiles/index.html

Col. Sean Ryan, the spokesperson for the US-led coalition against ISIS, confirmed the strike but said no coalition forces "were in danger."
The Iranian missile attack comes days after a US intelligence assessment report concluded that Iran could be planning a strike against US military forces and interests in Syria and other positions in the region.
"Iranian forces did conduct no notice strikes last night and we see open source reports stating that they were targeting militants it blamed for the recent attack on an Iranian military parade in the Middle Euphrates River Valley," said Ryan in a statement. "At this time, the Coalition is still assessing if any damage occurred and no Coalition forces were in danger."

Now CIA is kicking itself why they flew RQ-170 inside iran.
Also after the demonestration it can be good bargaining tools if we want to get modern 5th generation superiority fighter from Russia or China.

IRAN became the first country in the world that used stealth bomber drones in combat (from youtube comment section)

i forgot to mention Credit goes to @jangaavaran telegram channel

this is an Iranian version of Elbit Hermes 450
1395071016031849588126310.jpg
Well iran Also is the first country that used drones for attacking targets.
But sadly the first who used them in air combats is not iran but usa.
And honestly by looking at the situation of iran air force I believe it's necessary to build a high performance drone for air to air combat to protect our air space

"three miles of US troops"

and no US air defense batteries reacted? not even against UAVs ???
Now trump will get enough support to implement that ridiculously eexpensive Reigan era star wars program to even more increase USA deficit and Debt .

You can be certain he will soon have another begging vvisit to other countries

Its not Simorgh, those two Sadid are too large in scale. But maybe a Simorgh was used to guide the Saeghes and do the targeting and communication.

Jet powered UCAV is simorgh (S-171) for sure

We don't know if a Simorgh variant was used as well

I know ... It's simorgh

Where were the missiles launched from? Where were the targets? Which missiles were launched?

Ballistic missiles cannot accurately target positions. Only cruise missiles are able to hit targets with pinpoint accuracy at long ranges.

Normal ballistic missiles can't ... But Iranian ballistic missiles developed to be accurate :)

Sound of Propeller belongs to a variant of Shahed series with a V-tail (Shahed-125 most likely)
shahed-125-jpg.502437

It's saeghe and has no V-tail !

yes i think the piston-powered uav was this version.

1395071016044265288126410.jpg

or this
farmande-960126-11.jpg

Nope !

More than 3 versions ... :D

Saeghe has no internal weapon bay !

Only S-171 has enough space for that ...

Farsnews tells pussy & poem !

Back
Top Bottom