What's new

Iran intercepts and shoots israeli drone

İt depends on the fuselage material, coating material, having a low RCS design (like not having vertical wings), general geometry of the aircraft, internal weapons bay, not having a exterior propeller.

But i'm sorry if your generals say it's stealth...it have to be... who am i to critisize......:hitwall:
have good look at latest images of U.S navy . how do you think this Iranian drone is operating without U.S navy and aircraft carriers radars not detecting it .

watch from 1:27

watch from 32:00 and 45:00

there are high quality videos available as well i will post if i find the .

so I think is you who does not know what it is taking about . is about material in body +engine heat + noise it make ++++ so is not all about the shape .

Last edited:
have good look at latest images of U.S navy . how do you think this Iranian drone is operating without U.S navy and aircraft carriers radars not detecting it .

watch from 1:27

watch from 32:00 and 45:00

there are high quality videos available as well i will post if i find the .

so I think is you who does not know what it is taking about . is about material in body +engine heat + noise it make ++++ so is not all about the shape .

Fundamentals of Stealth Design & Concepts of RCS Reduction

Have you realized that what people here are saying is that it is from the Hermes family, not a 180 or 450?
There are 4 UAVs from Hermes family:

Hermes 900
Hermes 450
Hermes 180
Hermes 90

Hermes 900 and 90 are out of question totally different hull shape. Hermes 450 is also too big and has a composite propeller (while that thing has wooden).

So only possible Israeli candidate is Hermes 180. Another candidature is unknown UAV crashed in Armenia. Now lets take a closer look of these 2 possible candidatures:

Hermes 180:
Hermes-180.jpg

Downed Natanz thingie:
ib26DMJxWoQLQe.jpg

Thing crashed in Armenia:
azerdron2.jpg

The Natanz thingie is obviously much closer to Armenian thing than to Hermes 180. Both have similar color scheme (Hermes has all silver tip, while Armenian and Natans have half tip), both have orange square on nose and both lack top access panel.

Conclusion: the thing downed in Natanz is same to mysterious UAV which crashed in Armenia.

But what could be an Armenian UAV? The only UAV which has such a scheme (reversed V wing and V tail) is an Iranian Shahed 123:

127179_original.jpg

So most probably that Armenian thing is actually some derivative of Shahed 123.

P.S. There is a very minor probability that its derivative of Hermes 180 which came from Azerbaijan. But its unclear how such a small UAV without Satcom could fly 650 km into Iranian territory, flying near by Tehran and other super dense populated strategic areas.

``

Hermes 900
Hermes 450
Hermes 180
Hermes 90

Hermes 900 and 90 are out of question totally different hull shape. Hermes 450 is also too big and has a composite propeller (while that thing has wooden).

So only possible Israeli candidate is Hermes 180. Another candidature is unknown UAV crashed in Armenia. Now lets take a closer look of these 2 possible candidatures:

Hermes 180:
Hermes-180.jpg

Downed Natanz thingie:
ib26DMJxWoQLQe.jpg

azerdron2.jpg

The Natanz thingie is obviously much closer to Armenian thing than to Hermes 180. Both have similar color scheme (Hermes has all silver tip, while Armenian and Natans have half tip), both have orange square on nose and both lack top access panel.

Conclusion: the thing downed in Natanz is same to mysterious UAV which crashed in Armenia.

But what could be an Armenian UAV? The only UAV which has such a scheme (reversed V wing and V tail) is an Iranian Shahed 123:

127179_original.jpg

P.S. There is a very minor probability that its derivative of Hermes 180 which came from Azerbaijan. But its unclear how such a small UAV without Satcom could fly 650 km into Iranian territory, flying near by Tehran and other super dense populated strategic areas.
At very low altitude maybe?

About Hamaseh ?

Non retractable landing gear, Exposed propeller, Vertical wings, Rocket's hanging from thte wings..... these all increase the RCS print in the radar.

X-47B, RQ,170.... yes these are stealth.

Anka, Hamaseh, S-129, Heron, Hermes, ,Predator, Bayraktar....these are not. And i have yet to see, except hamaseh any one of these UAVs claimed to be stealth.

Also, yes it depends on the angles, some of the radar waves, being obsorbed, some them being emitted back. So shape of the aircraft still plays a role in RCS.

Hamaseh was a test bed for a sea patrolling drone!

The final drone will be same as Fotros...

The american drone was hijacked cause it was worth it , unlike any israel drone that has yet to be produced , and it wasn't hijacked by iranians , it was hijacked by russians and the chinese , you saw the chinese copy a year after on this very forum ;

The israeli drone was flown into iran from Kurdistan , in an emotional response to hamas drones being flown into israel ; The american drone RQ-17? was a total different story , it was a multinational effort to take a huge leap in the drone technology.

Not only that , the RQ-17 , was a miniature of the B-2 , with that hijacked the soviets can now work on SAM systems that can bring down the B-2 for good and not by chance like it happened to the F-117 in the balkans

--------------------------------

The very premise that it was shot down by an IRGC sam , reemphasizes the fact that it was not worth hijacking

I agree. I thoguht the same as well. The RQ-17 must have been brought down/hacked in Iran with the help of China and Russia. I cant talk about the one iran brought down yesterday. It doesnt look like its sophisticated one anyway. we have to wait and see.

Hermes 900
Hermes 450
Hermes 180
Hermes 90

Hermes 180:
Hermes-180.jpg

Downed Natanz thingie:
ib26DMJxWoQLQe.jpg

azerdron2.jpg

127179_original.jpg

S-123 based on the drone downed in Syria!

& the drone which downed in Syria was same as the drone downed near natanz!

1+1=2 :coffee:

I agree. I thoguht the same as well. The RQ-17 must have been brought down/hacked in Iran with the help of China and Russia. I cant talk about the one iran brought down yesterday. It doesnt look like its sophisticated one anyway. we have to wait and see.

RQ-170 was over China and Russia about 7 years!

But it brought down over Iran!

So what!?

Last edited:

Hermes 900
Hermes 450
Hermes 180
Hermes 90

Hermes 180:
Hermes-180.jpg

Downed Natanz thingie:
ib26DMJxWoQLQe.jpg

azerdron2.jpg

127179_original.jpg

There are 4 publicly PUBLICLY ANNOUNCED hermes thingies by Israel. We are speaking about an unannounced family member. And that Shahed 123 was based on a Hermes thingie that had been downed years ago.

I was curious about this thing too , but somehow i didnt talk about this,because they might say i am trolling
IRGC said this thing came from one of our neighbour ( this already has no doubt ,since israel and iran doesnt share border ) and i am pretty sure they didnt tell this with mean of its launched from one of neighbour.
But when we think of altitude and distance from israel to iran , satcom might not be in need to establish communication. Or cant it be fully automated, to reconnaisance in targeted area,and to come back without need of communication?

Data link have a 150-200 km range. It's not possible to maintain contact with UAV from Israel when it's over Iran.

Let's say, they sent the UAV in autopilot mode...issued waypoints and waiting for it's return..... when UAV got out of the range of datalink, it will be all open on E/W attacks....

Explained by the sensor operator.

1408510714547.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 1.13.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 1.13.45 PM.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 50
took our drones?
don't worry we got dozens of them.
Israelis just testing your system and alertness.
F-15 Strike Eagles will do the work when the time comes :enjoy:
But can your F-15's defeat a network of Hongqi SAMs and JF-17s?

Data link have a 150-200 km range. It's not possible to maintain contact with UAV from Israel when it's over Iran.

Let's say, they sent the UAV in autopilot mode...issued waypoints and waiting for it's return..... when UAV got out of the range of datalink, it will be all open on E/W attacks....
-I still give a possibility on fully automated system , even the UAV is small to not include counter EW equipments, just a possibility. (if israel was sure about it wont be detected, why need to worry about EW )
** anyway i am not expert on UAVs bro, still learning thats why i give possibilities :)

-Or these guys have an open way of data link till mids of iran , covering from syria to iraq or another pathway from southern ( this is stronger possibility with consideration of this wasnt "only one" flight over iran, other countries around as well)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom