What's new

Iran can now officially buy modern aircraft

U.S. commits to selling commercial aircraft to #Iran. #IranDeal

CJ3jAWIUEAAXQx_.jpg

Time to replace those F-4s with Sukhois ? :D

We already had many accidents with Russian airplanes , we lost many lives of our good people we cannot afford buy Russian planes again. Best choice is airbus and on the fighter jets my opinion is Rafael , su-30 and mig-31 if possible.

Airbus certainly makes excellent air crafts. But it will never sell its technology. Iran needs to have its own technology since, you never know what future brings. Those Russian planes you mentioned were old Tu-154 which were all beyond their operational age and Iran had rented them from third grade private Russian companies.

il-96 and Tu-204 have excellent safety record. And they cost quarter of Airbus price and operational expenses.

Though without technology transfer, I would prefer Airbus. The only case that can be made for these two Russian planes is if they can be fully manufactured in Iran.

Time to replace those F-4s with Sukhois ? :D

How about FGFA?

How about FGFA?

That would be best :tup:
But don't rely upon a single type though.

Airbus certainly makes excellent air crafts. But it will never sell its technology. Iran needs to have its own technology since, you never know what future brings. Those Russian planes you mentioned were old Tu-154 which were all beyond their operational age and Iran had rented them from third grade private Russian companies.

il-96 and Tu-204 have excellent safety record. And they cost quarter of Airbus price and operational expenses.

Though without technology transfer, I would prefer Airbus. The only case that can be made for these two Russian planes is if they can be fully manufactured in Iran.

I hear Sukhoi Superjet 100 is great passenger jet. A whole new dimension is opening up for you. Congrats and best of luck :)

You know, I had been to Iran once in one of the FICCI delegations. My family owns a small import-export company, on that relation.

I hear Sukhoi Superjet 100 is great passenger jet. A whole new dimension is opening up for you. Congrats and best of luck :)

You know, I had been to Iran once in one of the FICCI delegations. My family owns a small import-export company, on that relation.

Thank you. You are right on that.

Wonderful. I hope your visit was pleasant. Hopefully there will be other visits in future as your business grows. :-)

Ilyushin Il-96

Produced 1993–present
Number in service : 14
Unit cost : US$ 40–50 million
Standard passenger capacity : 262 seats

the Il-96-300 had been deemed inferior to counterparts from Boeing and Airbus, and the manufacturer could not arrange commercially viable mass production, making only one plane per year:frown:

Aeroflot_Il-96-300_RA-96008_SVO_2011-3-10.png

Cubana_IL-96_economy_class_cabin.jpg

Aeroflot_Il-96-300_cockpit_Petrov.jpg

Tupolev Tu-204

Produced 1990–present
Number in service : 41
Unit cost : US$ 35 million
Standard passenger capacity : 210 seats

First introduced in 1989, it is intended to be broadly equivalent to the Boeing 757, with slightly lower range and payload, and has competitive performance and fuel efficiency in its class. It was developed for Aeroflot as a replacement for the medium-range Tupolev Tu-154tri jet. The latest version, with significant upgrades and improvements, is the Tu-204SM, which made its first flight on 29 December 2010

Tupolev_Tu-204-100_%28RA-64047%29_-_1.jpg

Tupolev_Tu-214_cockpit.jpg

Thank you. You are right on that.
Wonderful. I hope your visit was pleasant. Hopefully there will be other visits in future as your business grows. :-)
Hehe..thanks..
It's not my business actually, although I have some partnership. My two elder brothers lead it. I'm trying to expand in some other direction :)

Tehran is gorgeous.

Ilyushin Il-96

Produced 1993–present

the Il-96-300 had been deemed inferior to counterparts from Boeing and Airbus, and the manufacturer could not arrange commercially viable mass production, making only one plane per year:frown:

Tupolev Tu-204

Produced 1990–present

First introduced in 1989, it is intended to be broadly equivalent to the Boeing 757, with slightly lower range and payload, and has competitive performance and fuel efficiency in its class. It was developed for Aeroflot as a replacement for the medium-range Tupolev Tu-154tri jet. The latest version, with significant upgrades and improvements, is the Tu-204SM, which made its first flight on 29 December 2010

They are fine planes. I would be proud to fly on them if they were manufactured in Iran. The only difference between them and the Western models is their fuel efficiency which for Iran should not even matter. Also they cost much cheaper than Airbus or Boeing.

Yeah that crashed killing all onboard during Indonesian Airshow.

Smart thing for Iran would be getting boring or Airbus planes..
As for ILs and Ans nobody wants to sit on those... Those are basically uncomfortable military planes turned into passenger planes... With a lot of service and maintenance costs.

Ilyushin Il-96

Produced 1993–present

Tupolev Tu-204

Produced 1990–present

That's tu-204-100 from 1989 this is upgraded tu-204sm from 2010 that we are talking about.
1907395.jpg

This is good airplane for making bulk of the neef of comercial fleet but when it come to widebody airplanes the only options is boeing an airbus that il-96 is not something that we can rely on it .and may suggestion is going after Boeing not airbus as our facilitirs already have housed widebody boeing airplanes but they are not designed for airbus.

But for God's Sake please don't mention dreamliner .

What of "Marg ba Amrika" and legacy of khomeini? :confused:

As for ILs and Ans nobody wants to sit on those... Those are basically uncomfortable military planes turned into passenger planes... With a lot of service and maintenance costs.
Airbus a320 also crashed in an airshow but after some tweaking its one of the successful planes of our time. And they hit a montain not failing to do the takeoff like airbus

And tu-204 is as comfortable as any of western comparable aircrafts.

That accident was the result of CFIT. It was not fault of the plane and it can happen anywhere. In fact I remember there was a CFIT accident near Islamabad a few years ago with complete loss of life.

il-96 and Tu-204 are civilian passenger plane and designed as such. And they cost quarter of the price of Airbus. If Iran gets production licenses for these, it is better than buying Airbus.

Back
Top Bottom