What's new

Iran can now officially buy modern aircraft

im sure the Iranian government is more qualified to decide which plane to buy :D

Come on guys there are alot more player than boeing and airbus to consider.
Actually, if the current Canadian Government hopefully leaves the office this October, Bombardier has a new line of commercial jet aircraft CS 300. It can seat 140-160 passengers. They are desperately looking for a deal and I think Iran can exploit the situation, even transfer the assembly to Iran.

Bombardier CSeries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

im sure the Iranian government is more qualified to decide which plane to buy :D
Actuallly so much money is to be transfered in such deals that I wont consider any government rational and qualified to made decision about it. They must let private sector decide on it and they at must help them finance the deal.

Okay guys, I'm an airplane 'expert' pretty much and follow airliners.net closely. There are only TWO players in the widebody long haul segment: airbus and boeing. Airbus a330, a340 (second hand, out of production) a350 and a380. Boeing with the 767, (old, but still in production) 777, 787 and 747 (crappy passenger version, not many buyers). No country is even within 15 years of offering any widebody longhaul jet. Their single aisle, narrowbody jets are the most popular too: a319, a320 and a321, boeing 737 family. Then we have the Russians coming up with the Irkut mc-21, which is some 2-3 years away from entering service, and China with the Comac c919, also some 2-3 years away.
Finally you have the regional jets, which has many players: Embraer (brazil), Bombardier (canada) Mitsubishi Regional Jet and now also the Turkish Regional Jet. So lots of choices.

Anybody saying Iran can buy lots of aircraft from non-Boeing/Airbus countries is talking out of their bum.

For a second there i also thought it would include possible purchase of Modern fighter aicraft.

For a second there i also thought it would include possible purchase of Modern fighter aicraft.

That would be in five years from now. It's not much, considering it usually takes years to deliver jet fighters already, especially big numbers.

Wait a few years. I hope it's Chinese fighters. A hundred J-10s would be nice. NAISSSS.

For those inquiring about the military goods....the arms embargo is still on for the next 5 years and the ballistic missiles for the next 8 years.

Two countries/whatever had a heart attack today....

1. Saudi Arabia
2. GCC.

Feel bad (not) for the poor bastards, 2015 hasn't been very nice to either one of them...... :D

they'll be OK for point defence ... total duds for A2G though. What is the threat perception matrix?

Both ground (in case of an insurgency, or helping out in neighbouring countries) and A2A (in case the sayahudi's try to pull a stunt). I'm very confident the J-10 can fly circles around the F-15.

He said it was a joke, but what would have been wrong if he liked Boeing? Hardly expressing being "so much in love" Nothing wrong with just expressing a thought.

Always good to have more options.
Give them some time. They would Overcome their Decades of Death to America thing slowly and PEACEFULLY.:D

Back
Top Bottom