What's new

Iran can now officially buy modern aircraft

That would be in five years from now. It's not much, considering it usually takes years to deliver jet fighters already, especially big numbers.

I am geniunly curious what the Iranian air force will opt for if such scenario were to become a reality. Take a big risk by buying Russian aircrafts?, Perhaps a couple squadrons from US?(Unlikely but still), Maybe even move more to to east and opt for Chinese(Or pakistani) equivalents? or will it simply stick to developing domestic fighter jets?.

Realisticly they really need to buy some aircraft off-the-shelf quickly considering the age of current aircrafts in service. Even the Tomcat's are close to falling out of the sky(sad really, its still my favorite fighter aircraft)

Lastly when you said in 5 years, does that mean there is already a date for lifting these sanctions on Iran? I havent really been following the Talk between the West and Iran.

Both ground (in case of an insurgency, or helping out in neighbouring countries) and A2A (in case the sayahudi's try to pull a stunt). I'm very confident the J-10 can fly circles around the F-15.

Never in your wildest dreams :D

J-10 is a lightweight multi-purpose fighter jet whilst F-15 is dedicated air superiority fighter jet that has 2 engines nontheless contrary to J-10. Classification and ability wise i'd say its closer to the F-16, althought that depends on which variant we are talking about here.

I am geniunly curious what the Iranian air force will opt for if such scenario were to become a reality. Take a big risk by buying Russian aircrafts?, Perhaps a couple squadrons from US?(Unlikely but still), Maybe even move more to to east and opt for Chinese(Or pakistani) equivalents? or will it simply stick to developing domestic fighter jets?.

Realisticly they really need to buy some aircraft off-the-shelf quickly considering the age of current aircrafts in service. Even the Tomcat's are close to falling out of the sky(sad really, its still my favorite fighter aircraft)

Lastly when you said in 5 years, does that mean there is already a date for lifting these sanctions on Iran? I havent really been following the Talk between the West and Iran.

Never in your wildest dreams :D

J-10 is a lightweight multi-purpose fighter jet whilst F-15 is dedicated air superiority fighter jet that has 2 engines nontheless contrary to J-10. Classification and ability wise i'd say its closer to the F-16, althought that depends on which variant we are talking about here.

You're right. But hey, beats the 60's air force Iran has now. And China will deliver, unlike those vodka slurpers. They need severe punishing for what they did with the S-300.

The JF-17 can be a replacement for the F-5 light Fighter and Also the Iranians can Also Cooperate With Pakistan in the JF-17 Program providing their Valuable Experience from their own homegrown fighter "Saeqah".
this will benefit both the countries.

Plus I was Wondering Would It Be Possible now for Iran to Get the much needed Spares for their Fleet of F-14 Tomcat
or are you guy planning to retire it?

Iran should forget Russia and China. I am not saying to buy fighter jets or passenger aircraft's directly from USA but other countries such as France or Germany (European countries). Russians and Chinese did not help Iran during sanctions.
For one defense system it still takes 9 years and still no delivery (S-300). I think after sanctions and ease the relations between Iran and USA , Iran must buy all that requires from USA. Moreover focus on developing and upgrading national technologies (zulfiqar-3 tank).

Iran should forget Russia and China. I am not saying to buy fighter jets or passenger aircraft's directly from USA but other countries such as France or Germany (European countries). Russians and Chinese did not help Iran during sanctions.
For one defense system it still takes 9 years and still no delivery (S-300). I think after sanctions and ease the relations between Iran and USA , Iran must buy all that requires from USA. Moreover focus on developing and upgrading national technologies (zulfiqar-3 tank).

Thats doesnt make any sense.... i dont know wether Russia or China turned a blind eye to Iran during the sanction but buying equipment and weapons from the very same country that enforced these sanction on Iran is not that great of a idea. I would take Chinese/Russian anyday over US if i was Iran.

For the civilian airplane we must go with the country who agree on transfer of technology and I doubt boeing and airbus agree to that .on other hand tupolev agreed to assemble tu-204 in iran and only the problem for delivering the engine stopped that deal .

And you knew the experience gained with that assembly line later can help alot in maintaining the airplanes. And tu-204 is not an outdated airplane and could get all EU standards .

For the civilian airplane we must go with the country who agree on transfer of technology and I doubt boeing and airbus agree to that .on other hand tupolev agreed to assemble tu-204 in iran and only the problem for delivering the engine stopped that deal .

And you knew the experience gained with that assembly line later can help alot in maintaining the airplanes. And tu-204 is not an outdated airplane and could get all EU standards .

Tu-204 is a good plane. Iran's insistence on getting Western engine stopped the deal, I guess. Otherwise the Russian engine PS-90A on that is also fine just a bit less efficient. If Iran opts for PS-90A, another added benefit will be for il-96. Two of these engines power Tu-204 and four power il-96, reducing logistical, manufacturing and operational costs.

Iran actually needs two different planes. One short range like Tu-204 and one long range heavy haul plane like il-96.

Tu-204 is a good plane. Iran's insistence on getting Western engine stopped the deal, I guess. Otherwise the Russian engine PS-90A on that is also fine just a bit less efficient. If Iran opts for PS-90A, another added benefit will be for il-96. Two of these engines power Tu-204 and four power il-96, reducing logistical, manufacturing and operational costs.

Iran actually needs two different planes. One short range like Tu-204 and one long range heavy haul plane like il-96.
Not ps-90a now that sanction are gonna removed the engine of choice must not be less than ps-90a2 as the first one cant achieve EU standards on pollution and noise emmition

Not ps-90a now that sanction are gonna removed the engine of choice must not be less than ps-90a2 as the first one cant achieve EU standards on pollution and noise emmition

Well then Iran must fund a joint venture with Russia to develop a new engine with shared rights to manufacture it. Because if you want Iran to have the ability to build large commercial airliners then ability to manufacture engine is a must. You can not then depend on GE or RR to provide you with engines. Anyways, both tu-204 and il-96 need to be modernized and new variants of it designed. Russian economy is now under pressure and Putin needs the money. Additionally Russian aerspace industry is dying since no one is buying anything from it so their industry also needs money in order to develop new product lines and save itself from dying.

I guess this is an opportunity for Iran to approach Russia and get this technology. Even if Iran pays 10 billion dollars to get complete capability and licence to manufacture these two planes including engines and avionics, it is worth it. Since it will make Iran completely independent in this regard (along with improvement and production of IrAn-140 and 150). It is do-able. Just needs good negotiators. I think Zarif should not go home now and sit on his arsse. He should start to go around the world to Russia, China, Europe, Brazil and South Africa and negotiate for transfer of technology deals.

Now we should buy some American or Russian toys.

I thought fighter jets, but civilian jets.... all the best Iran.... I think this new development will accelerate trade through chabahar port... good to go... are there any plan to induct new fighter jets???? I think JF-17 will fit in Iran air force....

U.S. commits to selling commercial aircraft to #Iran. #IranDeal

CJ3jAWIUEAAXQx_.jpg

Better for them to make up the deal with US for possible supply of Airframe and engines spares of:
F5
A4
F-14s
also Pakistani F7s like F7P and even from China.

HI, gues i also want to contribute in this treed......................:bounce:

My choice for civilian jets (long rang) .............:enjoy:
AirbusA380-2437.jpg

00015697.jpg

AND for fighter ( joint venture with russian T-50 as like indian FGFA )..........................:chilli:
yakc8w8nuhx7osc3p0ae.jpg
tumblr_n610xcca521roe9r1o1_1280.jpg

if possible then also SU-34 ............:crazy_pilot:
55288_original.jpg

47150_original.jpg

We already had many accidents with Russian airplanes , we lost many lives of our good people we cannot afford buy Russian planes again. Best choice is airbus and on the fighter jets my opinion is Rafael , su-30 and mig-31 if possible.

Back
Top Bottom