What's new

Iran can now officially buy modern aircraft

Yeah that crashed killing all onboard during Indonesian Airshow.

Smart thing for Iran would be getting boring or Airbus planes..
As for ILs and Ans nobody wants to sit on those... Those are basically uncomfortable military planes turned into passenger planes... With a lot of service and maintenance costs.

Yes, I'm aware of that Indonesian crash. But that was attributed to human error and the Indonesian carrier went ahead with the the delivery, with some delay of course.
This is their first attempt to build a modern passenger jet after the collapse of Soviet Union.

What of "Marg ba Amrika" and legacy of khomeini? :confused:
all extreme ideologies have a shelf life, the younger lot just want a better life for themselves and a better international position for their country, good luck to them.

next step is hopefully peace with Israel

That accident was the result of CFIT. It was not fault of the plane and it can happen anywhere. In fact I remember there was a CFIT accident near Islamabad a few years ago with complete loss of life.

il-96 and Tu-204 are civilian passenger plane and designed as such. And they cost quarter of the price of Airbus. If Iran gets production licenses for these, it is better than buying Airbus.

I'm never flying with that airline ever... Air blue a private company... The pilots crashed the plane in the margalla hills ... The senior pilot (captain) was at fault and over a 100 ppl had to pay with their life... Nor am I ever gonna fly with Malaysians lol .

I'm never flying with that airline ever... Air blue a private company... The pilots crashed the plane in the margalla hills ... The senior pilot (captain) was at fault and over a 100 ppl had to pay with their life... Nor am I ever gonna fly with Malaysians lol .

But I want to fly with Malaysian Airline once. Just for the fun of it. Like Russian roulette. It is going to be very mysterious.

But I want to fly with Malaysian Airline once. Just for the fun of it. Like Russian roulette. It is going to be very mysterious.
Well thats not my mission in life but after seing images from inside one of Cathay Pacific aurplane I like to once fly inside one of their airplane in first class section.
8982870fe8cf6134e5242ff18306199c.jpg

News from today:

Russia, Iran hold talks over passenger plane trade

Moscow and Teheran are in the process of negotiations, which could see Russia supply Sukhoi Superjet passenger aircraft to Iran, Russia's Transport Minister Maksim Sokolov said on Wednesday. "Such talks are being held," Sokolov said, as cited by Reuters. "And not only Superjets, but also other technology is being met with certain interest from our Iranian comrades." The Sukhoi passenger aircraft commenced operations in 2011.

July 15, 2015 - RT News

Well thats not my mission in life but after seing images from inside one of Cathay Pacific aurplane I like to once fly inside one of their airplane in first class section.
8982870fe8cf6134e5242ff18306199c.jpg

Well, alot of Airlines nowadays actually go way beyond first class. For example Singapore Airline even can give a suite. A kind of whole room to yourself bed and all.

3-resized.jpg

It is not really about Airline anymore. It is about how much you can afford. And those who can really afford it, then buy this (your own little getaway capsule:lol:):

G650-Gulfstream-sets-speedrecord.jpg

1137.jpg

News from today:

Russia, Iran hold talks over passenger plane trade

Moscow and Teheran are in the process of negotiations, which could see Russia supply Sukhoi Superjet passenger aircraft to Iran, Russia's Transport Minister Maksim Sokolov said on Wednesday. "Such talks are being held," Sokolov said, as cited by Reuters. "And not only Superjets, but also other technology is being met with certain interest from our Iranian comrades." The Sukhoi passenger aircraft commenced operations in 2011.

July 15, 2015 - RT News

Passenger plane from Russia ONLY and ONLY under the condition of transfer of technology.

Otherwise go with Airbus.

Airbus all the way!!

To all the Poster till this post : What would one suggest Iran if it decides for fighter Planes?

What if next time US sanction us for another reason?

Is it rational to go after western jets once again?

I think the best way is to purchase western giant jets such as A-350,380 and B-777,787,747 and also work on the national projects such as Ir-141 and Ir-150 with cooperation with reliable partners.

For your information, Ir-150 is the Iranian version of Russian MC-21 and Ir-141 is the extended Ir-140 with a better engine and improved avionic and capacity.

Brother this topic is about commercial aircraft not fighter jets , but i am not sure if sanctions on fighter jets are lifted ?
Yes.. someone pointed out that to me already..I'll delete that post. :)

Haha.. Air Asia is having a lot of flights these days..It's low cost airlines..But they have literally redefined low-cost..cramped so many seats that there is hardly any space left! My legs hurt..One time, after a 4 hour long flight, I could not stand up from the seat and fell down. The airhostess helped me get back to my feet. for the first time in my life I took help from a girl to stand up!! lol..

Malaysia has a separate terminal specifically for the low cost airlines. It's the KLIA2. Lot's of Iranian tourists go to Malaysia.

If i'm not mistaken even if Iran set a deal with airbus it will take time to manufacture the plane right ? or they have second handed - or in storage ?

Back
Top Bottom