What's new

Investment Ideas in Pakistan with $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore)?

That's what my 'gut feeling also says: The situation on the ground can't be THAT bad! I have lots and lots of relatives in Karachi, also some friends who have moved back from US to Karachi. They have started businesses and/or bought properties to live in. I don't hear of any complain about their experience. There are some property disputes here and there but that's because of conflicting inheritance claims.

Anyway, to kind of wrap it up from my side on this thread, I have asked the family members in Karachi to look for a Rs. 10-12 million small, ready to move in house in Bahria Town Karachi as long as it's legally secured. I will need to explicitly tell that it will be mine, unless I croak! The property is to remain empty but they are welcome to go and party there on weekly basis. I will also tell them that I have at least no immediate plan to resettle in Pakistan but good to invest in a house in case I do; if I don't want to live in the blasted city of Karachi, then I think BKT property should appreciate considerably in next, say, 5-7 years when I will probably take an early retirement...

Buying property not the route I wanted to take. Some kind of sustainable agriculture or renewable energy business would have been my preference but I want the least amount of effort put in while having a viable and secure investment. Life in America is good but has it's own share of headaches. No need to add a lot more to that.

I think I have made a decision and will try to see it to some fruition. Thank you all! But you can continue to discuss your own plans/suggestions here if you want to, of course.

Hi,

Hope you've got great suggestions.

Wishing best to fellow Karachiite in his future en devour.

Once you're in Karachi, will definitely meet you up :)

@Meengla ....

I have a friend (been one year since I know him) who is involved in construction business. Commercial plots/homes and may also be involved in government contracts.

May be you want to inquire something from him?

If you're interested, I may hopefully connect you with him.

Hi,

Hope you've got great suggestions.

Wishing best to fellow Karachiite in his future en devour.

Once you're in Karachi, will definitely meet you up :)

@Meengla ....

I have a friend (been one year since I know him) who is involved in construction business. Commercial plots/homes and may also be involved in government contracts.

May be you want to inquire something from him?

If you're interested, I may hopefully connect you with him.

Yes, we would definitely love to meet you! Last December I was in Karachi with wife and a certain PDF member and I were planning to meet up but never materialized. My trip was extremely rushed. We still look back with amazement as to how much we experienced in barely 2 weeks.
Let's first see what the family says about BTK--they are going there over the weekend. It's already been a paralysis by analysis and I want to move quickly on something.
Thank you!

Yes, we would definitely love to meet you! Last December I was in Karachi with wife and a certain PDF member and I were planning to meet up but never materialized. My trip was extremely rushed. We still look back with amazement as to how much we experienced in barely 2 weeks.
Let's first see what the family says about BTK--they are going there over the weekend. It's already been a paralysis by analysis and I want to move quickly on something.
Thank you!

Sure :)

Do keep us updated regarding your stuff.

You're Welcome.

That's what my 'gut feeling also says: The situation on the ground can't be THAT bad! I have lots and lots of relatives in Karachi, also some friends who have moved back from US to Karachi. They have started businesses and/or bought properties to live in. I don't hear of any complain about their experience. There are some property disputes here and there but that's because of conflicting inheritance claims.

Anyway, to kind of wrap it up from my side on this thread, I have asked the family members in Karachi to look for a Rs. 10-12 million small, ready to move in house in Bahria Town Karachi as long as it's legally secured. I will need to explicitly tell that it will be mine, unless I croak! The property is to remain empty but they are welcome to go and party there on weekly basis. I will also tell them that I have at least no immediate plan to resettle in Pakistan but good to invest in a house in case I do; if I don't want to live in the blasted city of Karachi, then I think BKT property should appreciate considerably in next, say, 5-7 years when I will probably take an early retirement...

Buying property not the route I wanted to take. Some kind of sustainable agriculture or renewable energy business would have been my preference but I want the least amount of effort put in while having a viable and secure investment. Life in America is good but has it's own share of headaches. No need to add a lot more to that.

I think I have made a decision and will try to see it to some fruition. Thank you all! But you can continue to discuss your own plans/suggestions here if you want to, of course.

Considering you're from the US, you could cash your presence there to get software projects if you are so inclined (act as a business dev manager), or get on to the mobile games development business. I'm in the software industry myself and business is booming. COVID didn't have as much of an impact on our business to be honest.

Considering you're from the US, you could cash your presence there to get software projects if you are so inclined (act as a business dev manager), or get on to the mobile games development business. I'm in the software industry myself and business is booming. COVID didn't have as much of an impact on our business to be honest.

Maybe I will touch base with you with this being out of my way first.
PS. I am helping the PDF's software business by having the most Viewed regular thread on the first page of the Economy section right now ;)

Hi. I'm also in US and would like to know more about your idea and connect with you.

Interested in franchise, plz advise if any organization can be contacted to help in this regard. Thanks

There are quite a few options. Check Servaid, Green Plus Pharmacies etc. you can get a franchise easily.

Check following links:
This for Servaid and This for Green Plus

There are other useful details about different kind of franchises on this website, you can get in touch with them for more details.

Hi. I'm also in US and would like to know more about your idea and connect with you.

You wouldn't want to dabble in this if you aren't tech inclined, or not a man of patience. It comes with a steep learning curve and it is a high risk industry.

There are quite a few options. Check Servaid, Green Plus Pharmacies etc. you can get a franchise easily.

Check following links:
This for Servaid and This for Green Plus

There are other useful details about different kind of franchises on this website, you can get in touch with them for more details.

I think you are on to something that needs more attention and elaboration and start a new thread and given that focus. IMHO!

Stocks have historically had much higher returns compared to land prices. Also dont need nearly as much to start off initially.

PSE is a very very attractive stock exchange. Esp price per earning are much lower than regional/global pears. Pakistans domestic market is huge and expected to grow substantially in the next decades.

If you have that much funds then invest in various stocks. Diversify your porfolio with the follow-

Consumer appliances
Technology
Energy sector
Banking

You will get much higher returns than real estate and much quicker. You will thank me later ;)

I have given the family the 'Go Ahead' for a 150 sq yard Villa for about Rs. 13.5 million ($82 k) in Precinct 1 or 2. It's supposed to be West Open and brand new. Reportedly, the real estate agent is adamant about the sale price; he is saying that when Covid was raging he would have sold for as low as 12.5 million but not now. Hmmmmmm.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom