What's new

Initial census results have arrived

Damn! man we need to control our pop this is just gonna make problems we're facing even more worse...

Pakistan population is out of control.

It needs to think about introducing mandatory maximum child limit as natural decline simply is not working like in India and BD. By mandatory max child limit, I am talking about heavy fines and prison terms rather than Chinese style forced abortions.

I can see Pakistan passing 300 million people well before 2050 and that is not good at all.

PS - Just done a calc and if the population growth stays as it is then 400 million will be surpassed by 2050.o_O

It needs to think about introducing mandatory maximum child limit as natural decline simply is not working like in India and BD. By mandatory max child limit, I am talking about heavy fines and prison terms rather than Chinese style forced abortions.

I can see Pakistan passing 300 million people well before 2050 and that is not good at all.

PS - Just done a calc and if the population growth stays as it is then 400 million will be surpassed by 2050.o_O

Pakistan will never put a cap on it Constitutionally. Neverrrr

Its a civilization.

Plus there is still plenty to go around if distributed fairly

Actually 210 million is not bad. We were already using the working figure of 200 million so 210 is not too off. I was expecting something like 250-260 million. I also think the curve will even out. That said the gov., needs to come up with more robust family planning programmes.

Pakistan will never put a cap on it Constitutionally. Neverrrr

Its a civilization.

Plus there is still plenty to go around if distributed fairly

At this rate there will be 400 million Pakistanis by 2050!

To get a idea of how S Asia is heading:

1. In 1960, BD women had on average 6.7 babies and now that is down to 2.1(replacement level). It will go even lower and BD's population should actually dip below 150 million by 2050 which is actually a healthy thing.

2. In 1960, Indian women had on average 5.9 babies and now that is down to 2.4(just above replacement level).

3. In 1960, Pakistani woman had 6.6 babies and that has come down to 3.5(way above replacement level).

It is a fallacy to think that Pakistan has enough space and so no need to worry as it is poor 3rd world country. It needs every bit of resource it has to build infrastructure and educate/train it's EXISTING population.

This population boom is a far greater threat to Pakistan than either India or terrorism. If it is not tackled quickly then Pakistan is destined to remain a poor country.

Actually 210 million is not bad. We were already using the working figure of 200 million so 210 is not too off. I was expecting something like 250-260 million. I also think the curve will even out. That said the gov., needs to come up with more robust family planning programmes.

Even the most idealistic secular society will settle for taxing the extra kid.

The only thing Pakistan's government can do is to change the burnt out policy of letting people seek work but to bring work to them.

That will have a domino effect and a sense of responsibility thus delaying the inevitable.

We should ideally tap into the Chinese renewable energy market.

Coal industry can service the industry while renewables the human use.

But no one listens to me

1. In 1960, BD women had on average 6.7 babies and now that is down to 2.1(replacement level). It will go even lower and BD's population should actually dip below 150 million by 2050 which is actually a healthy thing.

2. In 1960, Indian women had on average 5.9 babies and now that is down to 2.4(just above replacement level).

3. In 1960, Pakistani woman had 6.6 babies and that has come down to 3.5(way above replacement level).

It is a fallacy to think that Pakistan has enough space and so no need to worry as it is poor 3rd world country. It needs every bit of resource it has to build infrastructure and educate/train it's EXISTING population.

This population boom is a far greater threat to Pakistan than either India or terrorism. If it is not tackled quickly then Pakistan is destined to remain a poor country.

Your obsession with numbers is admirable.

Bangladesh is the one of the densest places on earth when it comes to Population , no wonder you guys don't have open spaces anywhere . Aerial view of your cities will give anybody a heart attack .

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_density

Density in Pakistan is lesser than India and way way lesser than Bangladesh .

now that is down to 2.1
I can see why. You guys had no space left to "pop 'em". When Pakistan gets to a point where they struggle to find space to "hump 'em" or "pop 'em" like Bangla then our population will also go in terminal arrest mode. Per Sq. Km

Bangla - 1101
India - - 361
Pak - - 235

I can see why. You guys had no space left to "pop 'em". When Pakistan gets to a point where they struggle to find space to "hump 'em" or "pop 'em" like Bangla then our population will also go in terminal arrest mode. Per Sq. Km

Bangla - 1101
India - - 361
Pak - - 235

Half of Pakistan is not even habitable so you may want to double the Pakistan figure to take that into account.
Also most of BD is way more fertile than even the most fertile areas of Pakistan.

True that BD population has been out of control in the past but it is at replacement level now and is set to fall over the coming decades.

Back
Top Bottom