What's new

Inflation tests stability in Vietnam

life is still better than during Vn war or during VN-China war :partay: , and our oil price, foods price still lower than China :partay:

Just curious, what's the average living cost (USD) for normal citizen (Let's say, college graduates) in typical Vietnamese cities? I mean both in first tier cities like Hanoi and in other mid-sized cities? And how the cost breaks up like food, housing, medical, electronic gadgets, etc.

right, because chinese women drool over USD ehh? the chinese boys are left with no other options

try Euros, those aren't depreciating vs. the RMB. Zimbabweans and Equadorians also use USD after all =)

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Just curious, what's the average living cost (USD) for normal citizen (Let's say, college graduates) in typical Vietnamese cities? I mean both in first tier cities like Hanoi and in other mid-sized cities? And how the cost breaks up like food, housing, medical, electronic gadgets, etc.

all I know is, housing prices in Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi are higher than Beijing and Shanghai, with 1/5 the average income. Wow.

If you've ever been to Vietnam, there's very little public transportation and terrible infrastructure, everyone rides motorcycles. Makes you wonder where the money went.

no offense meant freeze, just poking the pest.

its OK. its open season on racism against Chinese in most of the West for 20 years, so i got used to it.

on the topic of Vietnam: Vietnam followed most of China's reforms step by step, but they made some crucial mistakes; they thought they were China but they're not. Vietnam doesn't have the population and aggregate resources to redistribute resources in a way to avoid inflation.

20% inflation per year is quite insane, because food inflation often is much higher than total inflation. Food inflation in Vietnam could be higher than 50% which is near hyperinflation and currency abandonment. I heard now there are RMB black markets in Vietnam springing up.

its OK. its open season on racism against Chinese in most of the West for 20 years, so i got used to it.

on the topic of Vietnam: Vietnam followed most of China's reforms step by step, but they made some crucial mistakes; they thought they were China but they're not. Vietnam doesn't have the population and aggregate resources to redistribute resources in a way to avoid inflation.

20% inflation per year is quite insane, because food inflation often is much higher than total inflation. Food inflation in Vietnam could be higher than 50% which is near hyperinflation and currency abandonment. I heard now there are RMB black markets in Vietnam springing up.

Vietnam Gov has been pushed huge amount VND to collecting US$ for upgrading VN Navy.

The Dutch Schelde shipyard in Vlissingen, Netherlands will build four Sigma corvettes for the Vietnamese Navy. The first two ships will be built in Vlissingen, and the last two will be built in Vietnam, under Dutch supervision.

Sigma class corvettes are built to sizes ranging from 50 to 150m in length and 9 to 15m width, addressing the whole spectrum from Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV), via corvette to frigate size vessels meeting a wide range of customer demands. In fact, the class name Sigma stands for Ship Integrated Geometrical Modularity Approach. The lead ship of the SIGMA class was KRI Diponegoro, launched in 2004 for the Indonesian Navy.

Indonesia was the first customer for the new design, ordering four 9113 class 91 meter corvettes. In 2010 Indonesia has ordered four larger vessels, the 105m’ Type 10514. The Moroccan Navy became the second customer for this class, ordering three frigate sized multi-mission vessels in two classes – SIGMA Type 9813 (98m’) and the 105m’ SIGMA 10145. The first Moroccan Sigma frigate, Tarik ben Ziyad was transferred to the Royal Moroccan Navy on 10 September 2011. With the conclusion of the Vietnam, Schelde will win its third international customer for this class.

Vietnam Gov has been pushed huge amount VND to collecting US$ for upgrading VN Navy.

if you do this, you will end up like Zimbabwe or Weimar Germany. You can buy as many foreign warships as you want with foreign currency, it won't do you any good, China can manufacture 5 times what you can buy, using RMB, with better specs... there's just no comparison here, it is economic suicide and militarily, it might give you 5 minutes.

Don't worry, young boys and girls in Hanoi and Hochiminh city by new smart phone for new year. :wave:

if you do this, you will end up like Zimbabwe or Weimar Germany. You can buy as many foreign warships as you want with foreign currency, it won't do you any good, China can manufacture 5 times what you can buy, using RMB, with better specs... there's just no comparison here, it is economic suicide and militarily, it might give you 5 minutes.

VN will overcome all difficulties, it's not so seriously as chinese like it to be.

I am just asking a question that I'd like to know, could you relax a bit?

Thks for good intention.
My younger brother is just dropped to me his old smartphone, he bought a new one 4S Samsung Glaxy.

average living cost is around 100-300 USD . salary is about 100-500 USD , so not so many people can save enough money . Food and gas is not so high, but it still hard for poor people to pay all bills.

But if they can's affort to live in City like HaNoi-HCM , they can go home and grow crop , fisherry, forestry etc bcz VN is resouces rich nation, so it's enough to live now.

average living cost is around 100-300 USD . salary is about 100-500 USD , so not so many people can save enough money . Food and gas is not so high, but it still hard for poor people to pay all bills.

But if they can's affort to live in City like HaNoi-HCM , they can go home and grow crop , fisherry, forestry etc bcz VN is resouces rich nation, so it's enough to live now.

are those numbers per month or per year? they can't be that low if its per year... how can you survive on 100 dollars a year...

are those numbers per month or per year? they can't be that low if its per year... how can you survive on 100 dollars a year...
100 to 300 USD per month for worker working in 8 hours per day.
Per capita income likely to touch $1,300 in 2011
In the economy development scheme in 2011 approved by the government, Vietnam’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth is expected to increase by 7-7.5 percent against 2010, reaching by $112.8-113.8 billion, and per capital income at $1,290-1,300.
Per capita income likely to touch $1,300 in 2011 | Vietnam Business News[

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom