What's new

Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) News and Discussions

lm-2500-11950_1b.jpg

BGT%20LM2500PK%20Specification.jpg

ScreenShot141.jpg
already posted

I stand corrected. It appears you have already secured an engine for your IAC. If your IAC program is only 2 years away from finishing, then indeed IN is well more advance than previously thought.

If this is the case, I shall give you my props!
:cheers:

Preliminary sensor fit appears to show a Top Plate 3D radar on the mainmast and a large 3D radar antennae of a yet undetermined type, along with the usual SATCOM and Electronic Warfare antennae.

I stand corrected. It appears you have already secured an engine for your IAC. If your IAC program is only 2 years away from finishing, then indeed IN is well more advance than previously thought.

If this is the case, I shall give you my props!

IAC will be launched next year and will be handed over to the navy after sea trials..... So will be Inducted somewhere around 2013-2014, meantime the IAC 2 Should be ready.... And Thank You Changing Your mind:cheers:

IAC will be launched next year and will be handed over to the navy after sea trials..... So will be Inducted somewhere around 2013-2014, meantime the IAC 2 Should be ready.... And Thank You Changing Your mind:cheers:

I will admit my mistake. Judging from how fierce negotiations between Russia and India over the delivery of the Goshkov by Dec 2012, gave the impression that India was desperate without other options for Aircraft Carriers.

If these IAC are this far developed, that means we need to take India's ship building capabilities seriously. But if in a few years the IAC does not materialize (or is malfunctioning) then it will cast further doubts.

Let's wait and see by 2015 how many AC China, India, Russia, Brazil, UK will each have.

I will admit my mistake. Judging from how fierce negotiations between Russia and India over the delivery of the Goshkov by Dec 2012, gave the impression that India was desperate without other options for Aircraft Carriers.

If these IAC are this far developed, that means we need to take India's ship building capabilities seriously. But if in a few years the IAC does not materialize (or is malfunctioning) then it will cast further doubts.

Let's wait and see by 2015 how many AC China, India, Russia, Brazil, UK will each have.

Well, I doubt India will have any problem In IAC as India has vast experience In Ship Building, And Cochin Shipyard is One of the finest In the country, They were the Ones Who Used to upgrade and repair Previous aircraft carriers of Ours (INS Virat) (INS Vikrant) , and Have studied deeply into it, and L&T is one such company which would most certainly do Equipment Installation and System Integration... BHEL would Also Play a significant role in it.... So I dont see any chance for it to mal function

Well, I doubt India will have any problem In IAC as India has vast experience In Ship Building, And Cochin Shipyard is One of the finest In the country, They were the Ones Who Used to upgrade and repair Previous aircraft carriers of Ours (INS Virat) (INS Vikrant) , and Have studied deeply into it, and L&T is one such company which would most certainly do Equipment Installation and System Integration... BHEL would Also Play a significant role in it.... So I dont see any chance for it to mal function

dont worry yaar 2 more years to go:cheers:

India’s indigenous aircraft carrier taking shape

India?s indigenous aircraft carrier taking shape
BY ADMIN AT 8 OCTOBER, 2010, 2:35 AM

BY: DNA

The nucleus of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC), India’s first ship being built using the modular construction (block-building) method, is ready. The engine and diesel generator rooms and two of the 21 blocks of the 40,000-tonne vessel, designed by the navy’s directorate of naval design, have been completed.

The 260-metre-long and 60-metre-broad gas turbine ship will be powered by four American GE LM 2500 aviation engines which generate 80 MW, enough to attain speed in excess of 28 knots. The vessel, which is expected to be ready by 2013, will have six generators of three mega Watts each.

A source said the blocks being made separately will come up vertically till a certain length. After which a long flight deck, capable of operating Russian MiG-29K, Ka-31 and the indigenous naval light combat aircraft Tejas, will be laid on them.

The keel of the ship being manufactured by Cochin Shipyard was laid in February 2009 by the defence minister, after the government sanctioned its design and construction in January 2003. The vessel will have two take-off runways and a landing strip with three arrester wires. It will have the capacity to carry a maximum of 30 aircraft with sufficient hangars to house them.

IAC’s construction has been planned in two phases. The first phase covers work up to the first launch by the end of this year, while the second phase would cover all remaining work till its delivery for sea trials towards the end of 2013

Indigenous Aircraft Carrier’s nucleus ready

The nucleus of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC), India’s first ship being built using the modular construction (block-building) method, is ready. The engine and diesel generator rooms and two of the 21 blocks of the 40,000-tonne vessel, designed by the navy’s directorate of naval design, have been completed.

The 260-metre-long and 60-metre-broad gas turbine ship will be powered by four American GE LM 2500 aviation engines which generate 80 MW, enough to attain speed in excess of 28 knots. The vessel, which is expected to be ready by 2013, will have six generators of three mega Watts each.

A source said the blocks being made separately will come up vertically till a certain length. After which a long flight deck, capable of operating Russian MiG-29K, Ka-31 and the indigenous naval light combat aircraft Tejas, will be laid on them.

The keel of the ship being manufactured by Cochin Shipyard was laid in February 2009 by the defence minister, after the government sanctioned its design and construction in January 2003. The vessel will have two take-off runways and a landing strip with three arrester wires. It will have the capacity to carry a maximum of 30 aircraft with sufficient hangars to house them.

IAC’s construction has been planned in two phases. The first phase covers work up to the first launch by the end of this year, while the second phase would cover all remaining work till its delivery for sea trials towards the end of 2013.

The engines are American and so will be lot of other components..can someone give details analysis about how much indigenous components are used in this ACC??

Back
Top Bottom