What's new

Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) News and Discussions

Thanks connanxlrc1000 for the compilation..

May I ask the senior members that what is the LRSAM that is going to be used in our IACs, or even Vikramaditya?, Shtil I guess has a range of 30 Kms....Can some one clarify please?

I think it is the Barak SAM:cheers:

but i am sorry to say one truth IAC 1 2 are not capable to counter Chinese anti ship missile

we have to think about it

NEW DELHI: Progressing towards self-reliance in the defence industry, India's first indigenous aircraft carrier will be in the waters by 2011,

Indian Navy chief Admiral Sureesh Mehta said Wednesday.

The under-construction aircraft carrier will be ready in two years.

"Our indigenous aircraft carrier is being constructed in Kochi. It has been three years since the work started. On Feb 28, what we call keel laying of the carrier will take place," Mehta told reporters here.

phot%2B3.JPG

The building of a ship can be divided into seven phases: design, construction planning, work prior to keel laying, ship erection, launching, final outfitting, and sea trials.

"Many of the parts have already been constructed. My estimate is that it should be in the water in two years," Mehta said.

photo%2B1.JPG

The aircraft carrier is expected to have 40,000 tonne displacement capacity at an estimated cost of Rs.3,000 crore (Rs.30 billion).

The Indian Navy is currently operating only one full deck aircraft carrier, the INS Viraat, also the only one being operated by a country in Asia or Western Pacific. In a bid to become a true-blue water navy, the Indian Navy is expected to operate three aircraft carriers by 2015.

Those look like F 15s... Wonder why...:undecided:

but i am sorry to say one truth IAC 1 2 are not capable to counter Chinese anti ship missile

we have to think about it
Do not worry brrother, If China's anti ship missiles are so much threat then US would have stopped its carrier operations..

Has that happened?, no....Its is a threat in a way, but war is not faught without a planning. when a real scenario happens, every one has a counter measure...

Remember how PNS Gazi was sunk?...(just a metaphor, no offense pls)...

Regards
Dash.

Barak Sam is not for vikramditya it is for IAC-1
But Sudhir. Barak NG will still be a MRSAM..

The production of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier commenced in November 2006 and large numbers of blocks have already been fabricated, which are under erection. Major equipment to be installed in lower decks of the ship have been ordered. The ship is being constructed using high strength steel developed in-house with the help of DRDO and SAIL. Long Range Surface to Air Missile (LR SAM) system with Multi-Function Radar (MFR) and Close- In Weapon System (CIWS) is envisaged for the carrier.

What Iam asking is what LRSAM might be fitted?....the Idea of LRSAM will come into picture for IAC2 actually as its supposed to operate beyond IOR. wher IAC1 and INS Vikramaditya will mainly to patrol IOR. so they actually dont need LRSAM. MRSAM will be enough...

Or Am i missing something...or is this where the AEGIS combat system might come into play???

Do not worry brrother, If China's anti ship missiles are so much threat then US would have stopped its carrier operations..

Has that happened?, no....Its is a threat in a way, but war is not faught without a planning. when a real scenario happens, every one has a counter measure...

Remember how PNS Gazi was sunk?...(just a metaphor, no offense pls)...

Regards
Dash.

i accept your thinking

but as an i am working i cant ignore a single thing

don't take them underestimate

we have to think about our self not USA how we can counter do you know if they use supersonic missile then any AC has just 30 second to save

if they use supersonic missile then any AC has just 30 second to save

I don't understand your thinking.

For a 30 second Kill , they have to be really close , well with in out missile range , even Brhamos range.

Also they won't have a longer range supersonic cruise missile then IN.

the carriers Battle group will be well equipped to handle almost any attack from another surface fleet, with the carrier it self providing air cover , it will be a very though battle.

Submarines pose a very dangerous threat , More ASW tactics and equipment needs to be employed.

As far as the Chinese ASBM goes , it's a new kind of weapon , but it still relies on knowing exactly where the Carrier is. And it still need to hit a fairly small moving target , while travelling at very high speeds. You would need an accuracy of ~50m , for a ballistic missile that's very very high.

IF the war heads had nukes it wouldn't really matter of course.

@ Dash as per my knowledge we will be using BARAK 2 SAM as LR SAM for IAC 1 and 2

But Sudhir. Barak NG will still be a MRSAM..

What Iam asking is what LRSAM might be fitted?....the Idea of LRSAM will come into picture for IAC2 actually as its supposed to operate beyond IOR. wher IAC1 and INS Vikramaditya will mainly to patrol IOR. so they actually dont need LRSAM. MRSAM will be enough...

Or Am i missing something...or is this where the AEGIS combat system might come into play???

Barak 2 Missile (MR-SAM and LR-SAM)

Barak 2 Missile (MR-SAM and LR-SAM) - a knol by Vijainder K Thakur

Naval Variant LR-SAM
During the visit of the Navy Chief Admiral Arun Prakash to Israel in July 2005, Israel offered to develop the next generation Barak-II ship defense missiles jointly with DRDL.

The issue was discussed during the Naval Commanders’ Conference in November 2005.

India and Israel reportedly inked a deal valued at $350 million on 27 Jan 2006 to co-develop the two missiles over the next 5 years. Both the nations agreed to hold a 50/50 stake in the venture with additional funds being pumped in by both parties as needed.

Under the deal, a 70-km range missile called LR-SAM will be developed to arm Indian Naval Ships starting with the Project 15A destroyers to aircraft carriers*

or we will be going for this baby Naval Barak-8

Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd (IAI) Systems Missiles MBT Missiles Naval Combat Naval Barak 8

Naval Barak-8 is an advanced, long-range missile defense and air defense system.

Main Features:

* Long Range
* Active Radar Seeker Missile
* Vertical Launch
* Multiple Simultaneous Engagements

35190.jpg

Barak-8 meets and exceeds performance of other similar defense systems, while maintaining unique advantages:

* A flexible dual pulse motor system provides high maneuver capability at target interception range throughout Barak-8's wide envelope.
* Low weight and small size (about half of similar systems!) – for small impact on carrying ship.
* Low signatures (carry, launch & flight) – for high ship survivability.
* Safe ship carry & launch – with a small missile and proven vertical launcher concept.
* Robust multi-missile coexistence and multi-target capability (supported by seeker, DL & WCS) – enables operation in highly saturated operational scenarios.
* High performance warhead - robust kill mechanism

its time when we should make supercarriers with 70k+ tonage ..

any specs of iac2 ??

its time when we should make supercarriers with 70k+ tonage ..

any specs of iac2 ??

IAC-2 Redesign

The IAC-2 could undergo some design changes, Naval Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma indicated while speaking to the press

"We are re-looking at the design. It won't be a copy of what we have today."

He said a concept study by the Directorate of Naval Design is currently underway 'for more capable carrier-borne aircraft' for the IAC-2.

The Navy is leaning towards a 50,000 tons carrier capable of launching heavier aircraft using a steam catapult, rather than the ski-jump on the Gorshkov / Vikramaditya.

The Navy has earlier indicated it prefers the Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System on its new aircraft carriers.

As mentioned above, the Navy is already looking at aircraft that could replace the MiG-29K / LCA Naval Variant.

Indian Aircraft Carrier (IAC) Project 71 - a knol by Vijainder K Thakur

i dunno why is indian navy going for aircraft carriers of different tonnages and capabilties .....

ins vikramaditiya -45tns.. ....iac 1- 40tns..... iac 50tns

should hav developed one single class and then make it in no.s u like ...3..4..5 any no.

Back
Top Bottom