What's new

India’s Su-30s were able to see Chinese J-20 Stealth aircraft?

The 3.5 gen fighters (4.5 generation by Western classification) had AESA radars, were supported by KJ-500 AWAC against lone J-20s, and likely engaged the J-20 at a close range. This says nothing of the ability of other 4th/4+th gen fighters to track the J-20 on a toe-to-toe basis.

What the hell did i read !!!!!

If a Awac or AESA can search and track a stealth then why are chinese are even boasting about it... saying J-20 will destroy IAF !??? Do you think IAF don't have AWACs ? IAF is now on Net-centric warfare...

SOURCE: ABHOY ROY / FOR MY TAKE / IDRW.ORG

su-30-mki-iaf.jpg

Earlier this year in January, People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) started conducting its regular high altitude combat training exercise at Roof of the World from its Tibetian Airbases facing towards Indian border. Two Week Combat training exercise for the first time saw the deployment of China’s first Stealth aircraft J-20 practicing beyond-visual-range air combat with other frontline fighter aircraft’s like J-10C and Shenyang J-11.

India-centric Air Force training by China was largely seen as their attempts to take control of the skies, which will be pivotal in case of a possible India-China conflict. PLAAF in the recent years was able to convert its forwards bass in Tibet into all whether airbases which allowed them to maintain their presence near Indian border all year along, which lead to Indian counter moves with the deployment of frontline aircraft like Sukhoi-30s and Mig-29s along with an installation of long ranged Radars to monitor their activities .

Once Two-week operations were conducted by PLAAF, In March this year IAF said that China’s new J-20 fighter jet is not stealthy enough and the Indian Air Force (IAF) has the capability to tackle the threat posed by it,Indian Air force officer also went to link purchase of S-400 from Russia as one of the important component in enhancing IAF’s Capabilities in tracking and destroying J-20 stealth fighters if they ever cross Indian borders to target Eastern Indian Cities .

The Revelations made by Senior ranked IAF officer was largely seen as brainstormed facts coming straight out of IAF’s Internal In-depth threat assessment which was carried out on specifically on J-20 and its capabilities and how it can affect its operations in the Eastern sector and How IAF’s Su-30MKIs deployed in the region will be able to handle them in case of a war in the region .

IAF of lately has increased its High-altitude training in the region and recently in Indian Air Force’s biggest ever and almost real war game, Exercise Gaganshakti, IAF’s combat aircraft’s including Su-30MKI practiced hitting at targets at high altitude areas along the border with China.

After IAF concluded Exercise Gaganshakti, IAF Chief while again speaking on the Chinese J-20 Stealth aircraft may have confirmed what many in Indian and Western Intelligence agencies believed for years now that Chinese Stealth aircrafts are nowhere as stealthy as they claim and can be detected not with use of any special dedicated Stealth Radars but also can be tracked using existing radars technology at disposal .

IAF Chief also added that ” Sukhoi’s Radar can detect them ” so deployment of J-20 doesn’t shift the balance of power in the region. While he never confirmed claims he was making was backed by hard facts or were more a rhetoric in nature but it did raise many eyebrows in Western Intelligence agencies who have been very keen on collecting data on J-20 program.

Did J-20 deployed at unspecified airports on the Tibetan plateau region were flown close to the Indian border to gauge detection and tracking capabilities of India in the region? , was Secretive J-20 deployed by PLAAF to explore and exploit entry points in the region for possible conflict scenarios? , IAF which becomes super active in the region every time PLAAF conducts air exercise near its border able to track and detect them? , Frontline Su-30s which are tasked to monitor such air exercises by PLAAF were able to sniff J-20 in the area? Well we might never get straight answers to this questions from both sides but it will be assumed that China will be very keen on deploying this jets permanently in the region once they produce enough of them in their services and IAF always will be very keen on collecting further data on this jets to always remain ready to take them on in possible conflict scenario in the future .

http://idrw.org/did-indias-su-30s-were-able-to-see-chinese-j-20-stealth-aircraft/

May be they saw it in their dreams

If a Awac or AESA can search and track a stealth then why are chinese are even boasting about it... saying J-20 will destroy IAF !??? Do you think IAF don't have AWACs ? IAF is now on Net-centric warfare...

No, what I'm saying is that the rules of engagement of the exercise were heavily tipped against the J-20s' favor. Just because one 4.5th-generation jet managed to down a J-20 in that scenario does not mean that another 4.5th-generation jet can do so in neutral circumstances.

What are you saying ? Spotting J 20 goes against 5th gen principles. Lol it cannot and will not be detected ever....end of story.

No, what I'm saying is that the rules of engagement of the exercise were heavily tipped against the J-20s' favor. Just because one 4.5th-generation jet managed to down a J-20 in that scenario does not mean that another 4.5th-generation jet can do so in neutral circumstances.

Isn;t J-20 supposed to be a lone wolf !! so what does it matter if 10s of fighters are pitted against it?? that will be a actual war scenario right. and i though you said fighter catogory are western standards now why are you climing the chinese old jets as 4.5 gen when it was actually 3 and 3.5 Gen fighters which were pitted against J-20.

Come on Sir... what makes you think an another jet can't take down J-20 when one already done it????

and here we're talking about Chinese jets.. if the Scenerio against USAF,JDF and south Korean Jets then the i feel bad for the guy in J-20s.

beside here's another view

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...inas-first-stealth-fighter-was-rushed-service

What are you saying ? Spotting J 20 goes against 5th gen principles. Lol it cannot and will not be detected ever....end of story.

the question is, Was it a true 5th Gen or Just a name was given to ??!!

Pretty much all images of operational J-20s have something in common thats easily spotted.

https://www.popsci.com/did-chinas-first-stealth-fighter-unit-j20-just-go-operational

j-20.jpg

In those exercises they were running with Luneburg lenses against an all AESA lineup with probably the most advanced Flanker in existence.

Oh Btw these tests were in Dingxing close to Beijing. How the Indians managed to get MKIs near there is truly beyond me. Maybe vedic sciences are more advanced than I had imagined.

Isn;t J-20 supposed to be a lone wolf !! so what does it matter if 10s of fighters are pitted against it?? that will be a actual war scenario right. and i though you said fighter catogory are western standards now why are you climing the chinese old jets as 4.5 gen when it was actually 3 and 3.5 Gen fighters which were pitted against J-20.

Come on Sir... what makes you think an another jet can't take down J-20 when one already done it????

and here we're talking about Chinese jets.. if the Scenerio against USAF,JDF and south Korean Jets then the i feel bad for the guy in J-20s.

beside here's another view

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...inas-first-stealth-fighter-was-rushed-service

Did you read my comment? Even though the scenario's circumstances were heavily tipped against the J-20's favor, the latter still prevailed and managed to eliminate all of the 4th/4.5th generation aircraft.

BTW, a "3rd" & "3.5th" generation jet in China is classified as a 4th/4.5th generation jet in the West.

Just because one 4.5th-gen jet had a lucky shot in an exercise does not mean that another comparable aircraft will achieve the same results given a separate set of circumstances. Also, the SCMP article has no evidence to back up most of its claims and has largely been dismissed by almost anyone who follows these matters.

The only operational J 20s are based in Dingxin next to Beijing. The Indian air Marshal is claiming MKIs tracked them from Indian airspace. I know Indian tolerance for bullshit is high but there has to be some limits to even the most dense people.

The only operational J 20s are based in Dingxin next to Beijing. The Indian air Marshal is claiming MKIs tracked them from Indian airspace. I know Indian tolerance for bullshit is high but there has to be some limits to even the most dense people.
They don't understand the meaning of stealth.

Did you read my comment? Even though the scenario's circumstances were heavily tipped against the J-20's favor, the latter still prevailed and managed to eliminate all of the 4th/4.5th generation aircraft.

BTW, a "3rd" & "3.5th" generation jet in China is classified as a 4th/4.5th generation jet in the West.

Just because one 4.5th-gen jet had a lucky shot in an exercise does not mean that another comparable aircraft will achieve the same results given a separate set of circumstances. Also, the SCMP article has no evidence to back up most of its claims and has largely been dismissed by almost anyone who follows these matters.

Nope... not even close..... So are you saying J16 as 5th gen ?

3rd Gen fight had a Lucky shot because it was able to get the info of the target.. that's the same scenerio going to happen in a real war time.. we're not in 1990s times... if a Chinese Awac be able to find the location of 5th Gen :pleasantry: what makes you think other superior Awacs and fighters with AESA won't find it???

Near Iran f-22 flew under the Iranian F-14 tomcat hiding from Iranian shore based radar and of the F-14... if F-22 and 35 were to head against J-20 !! again i'll feel bad for the guy in J-20

They don't understand the meaning of stealth.

Not understanding VLO principles is fine and dandy. Not understanding distance is an entirely more disturbing idea. Theres a small distance of 2200 Km between where India is and where J 20s are.

3rd Gen fight had a Lucky shot because it was able to get the info of the target.. that's the same scenerio going to happen in a real war time.. we're not in 1990s times... if a Chinese Awac be able to find the location of 5th Gen :pleasantry: what makes you think other superior Awacs and fighters with AESA won't find it???

Near Iran f-22 flew under the Iranian F-14 tomcat hiding from Iranian shore based radar and of the F-14... if F-22 and 35 were to head against J-20 !! again i'll feel bad for the guy in J-20

Either you don't read or your just dense.

Let's try this again. A jet that would normally be classified as a "4th/4.5th" generation jet in the West would be considered a "3th/3.5th" generation jet in China. For example, the F-22/F-35/T-50 would all be considered "4th-generation" jets in China. The Su-30MKI, F-15E, and F-16 would be considered as part of the "3rd generation" in China. It's a matter of classification, pure and simple.

In a "real war time", the J-20 would be efficient at eliminating most if not all of the 4th-generation aircraft along with force-multipliers (such as AWACS and AEW) while suffering none or little losses of their own. I believe early exercises involving the F-22 and F/A-18 yielded similar results in the United States.

Unless we have RCS values for the F-35, F-22, and J-20 from multiple aspects, nobody can say for certain who has the upper hand in the "stealth" department.

Back
Top Bottom