What's new

India's northeast speaks out against racism

1. Now you are using banana scale again
2.You support zamindari system ?? Individual ownership vs community ownership ..i have heard that argument before both have merits and demerits ..anyway most of our farmers are engaged in subsistence farming , not going to mock them but atleast people here didn`t have to suffer from bonded labours and suicides
3.oh somehow i miss the memo , i being a hindu , m so primitive now. darn it. do inform me about next round of modernity
4.yes it happened , cut off from china , burma and bd , the entire system collapsed.
5. yes it did , oil,coal, forest product, minerals , agri product etc we sell them to our western states now , in case if you have missed your geography lessons . I don't blame you. Why are you so happy about drug smuggling though. you seem to happy about it ??
6.yes we do, we pay as much you do , it just we are so fewer in numbers and our geographic area is large
7.blood shed that is unfornate !!As tribals I agree we could do better, but things are improving .. it is no more what it used to be even 5 years ago . infact states like mizoram and ap have probably lowest crime rate in India . all the other states will become like that soon i hope.
8.and how much is the population 1%(not including assam) ?? why not try with gdp per capita???

State Per-capita GDP
up - 30051
West Bengal- 55222
Madhya Pradesh 37994
Bihar 22691
Chhattisgarh - 46743

Meghalaya 53542
Ngaland 56461
Mizoram 54689
Sikkim 121440
Manipur 32865
ArunachalPradesh 74059
State Domestic Product of India 2014 | State-Wise GDP 2014 | District GDP of India | State-wise Population 2014 | VMW Analytic Services

oh look "tribal" "primitive" "backwards" "no economy" "closed"states have better gdp/capita than bigger non tribal states ..but but ..they buy their own phones,and lay their own roads and optical fibres etc so you don`t have to worry i guess cause you only pay ours..

Get over you banana fetish. I really don't get it.

Stop spinning a strawman of anyone supporting zamindari. There is no glory to be found in subsistence farming especially if you refuse to monetize your land and condemn your children to the same fate. You may/may not kill yourself, but you certainly kill others and others kill you.

I find it funny that the NE states found a way to sustain the drug trade yet complain about restrictions in any other form of trade.

If you are less in number and hoard larger part of land asset and then prevent anyone else from accessing that land asset, then you certainly do not pay as much as the rest of India.

You per capita income is higher because the armed forces act like permanent tourists in the NE spending their money as disposable income. Add to that the massive amount of army fund that is diverted to build infra. assets in the NE. Now add to that the central govt. funding that is way higher than your contribution to the overall economy. And voila, you suddenly have a wonderful per capita GDP that tells you a false story. Its the same reason the per capita income of kashmir is 44533.

N.E is 8% of total India's land mass with 3% of India's population and 1% of India's GDP. Which literally means every citizen of NE gets to have 2.5 times the land asset as the rest of India but contributes only 1/3rd as the rest of India in revenue share.

In terms of productivity of the land per person with the rest of India, it means the productivity from land per person produces only 10% as the rest of India's population.

So tell me, with only 10% productivity as compared to the rest of India, how come your per capita GDP is so high ? What is the secret to this amazing economic miracle which eludes the rest of India.

How ignoble of you to comment on someone who cannot participate :lol: ....... very much in line with your character.

Does Yorkshire englishmen have compulsive need to boost his viagric powers by ranting about others ? :cheesy:

"you" means anyone who supports special status for NE. Why would I bother to pick on your personally ? I don't even know you.

I am not sure why you are telling me your personal preference on armed forces deployment. Again not my concern. You asked me to explain and I have.

What a remarkable coincidence of sentiments, even of phraseology! Aren't you happy that the late unlamented can participate vicariously, through you?

Incidentally, English usage would suggest "Do Yorkshire Englishmen...."; when talking about ranting, get the counter-rant grammatically correct.

Get over you banana fetish. I really don't get it.

Stop spinning a strawman of anyone supporting zamindari. There is no glory to be found in subsistence farming especially if you refuse to monetize your land and condemn your children to the same fate. You may/may not kill yourself, but you certainly kill others and others kill you.

I find it funny that the NE states found a way to sustain the drug trade yet complain about restrictions in any other form of trade.

If you are less in number and hoard larger part of land asset and then prevent anyone else from accessing that land asset, then you certainly do not pay as much as the rest of India.

You per capita income is higher because the armed forces act like permanent tourists in the NE spending their money as disposable income. Add to that the massive amount of army fund that is diverted to build infra. assets in the NE. Now add to that the central govt. funding that is way higher than your contribution to the overall economy. And voila, you suddenly have a wonderful per capita GDP that tells you a false story. Its the same reason the per capita income of kashmir is 44533.

N.E is 8% of total India's land mass with 3% of India's population and 1% of India's GDP. Which literally means every citizen of NE gets to have 2.5 times the land asset as the rest of India but contributes only 1/3rd as the rest of India in revenue share.

In terms of productivity of the land per person with the rest of India, it means the productivity from land per person produces only 10% as the rest of India's population.

So tell me, with only 10% productivity as compared to the rest of India, how come your per capita GDP is so high ? What is the secret to this amazing economic miracle which eludes the rest of India.

Going forward other states of India should adopt laws restricting people from other states on the basis of strict reciprocity.

Going forward other states of India should adopt laws restricting people from other states on the basis of strict reciprocity.

I guess you are being sarcastic, but two wrong do not make a right.

But we really need to start replacing laws that give special status to citizens and states. Our founding fathers did a wonderful job, the successive generation's of leadership messed up.

It took the leadership of Abe Lincoln and a civil war to finally unite the USA by eliminating all kinds of discrimination, I hope we can do it more peacefully with better leadership and a lot sooner.

What a remarkable coincidence of sentiments, even of phraseology! Aren't you happy that the late unlamented can participate vicariously, through you?

Stranger things have happened. :P

I guess you are being sarcastic, but two wrong do not make a right.

But we really need to start replacing laws that give special status to citizens and states. Our founding fathers did a wonderful job, the successive generation's of leadership messed up.

It took the leadership of Abe Lincoln and a civil war to finally unite the USA by eliminating all kinds of discrimination, I hope we can do it more peacefully with better leadership and a lot sooner.

Stranger things have happened. :P

Abe Lincoln was so long ago, but here we have 21st century youths demanding special privileges and the right to have their cake and eat it too all the while claiming discrimination and racism from mainlander. I mean can it get any more bizarre than this? It is not just the NE, I have seen the same sort of arguments from Himachalis as well as people from Jammu too. Invariably in all these cases it is like the hills people are some sort of special creatures who will be dirtied by the mixing of the plains people.

Abe Lincoln was so long ago, but here we have 21st century youths demanding special privileges and the right to have their cake and eat it too all the while claiming discrimination and racism from mainlander. I mean can it get any more bizarre than this? It is not just the NE, I have seen the same sort of arguments from Himachalis as well as people from Jammu too. Invariably in all these cases it is like the hills people are some sort of special creatures who will be dirtied by the mixing of the plains people.

History has the unfortunate habit of repeating itself. .... we only disguise our Civil wars nowadays and call them Maoists or Terrorism or Militancy :P

The more things change, the more things remain the same. Of course just because the constitutional makers gave them special privileges does not mean others get to extract their pound of flesh by practising discrimination. But growing up isolated from the rest of society can install a feeling of victimhood.

I agree we need to remove these special privileges, but how and how soon is the question.

Maybe you can start a thread on the list of special privileges the constitutions grants on a lucky few and open a debate on that. Few things that come to mind are,

1. Privileges to hill people
2. Reservation in LS to Anglo Indians
3. lack of Uniform civil code
4. Separate land ownership laws
5. Reservations on the basis of caste, religion
6. Temple ownership laws and waqt boards
7. uneven income tax. etc...

History has the unfortunate habit of repeating itself. .... we only disguise our Civil wars nowadays and call them Maoists or Terrorism or Militancy :P

The more things change, the more things remain the same. Of course just because the constitutional makers gave them special privileges does not mean others get to extract their pound of flesh by practising discrimination. But growing up isolated from the rest of society can install a feeling of victimhood.

I agree we need to remove these special privileges, but how and how soon is the question.

Maybe you can start a thread on the list of special privileges the constitutions grants on a lucky few and open a debate on that. Few things that come to mind are,

1. Privileges to hill people
2. Reservation in LS to Anglo Indians
3. lack of Uniform civil code
4. Separate land ownership laws
5. Reservations on the basis of caste, religion
6. Temple ownership laws and waqt boards
7. uneven income tax. etc...

Add 25% reserved seats for handicapped mallu children in Kerala to that list. LOL.

EPIC....

What is your real problem???
what Malayali children has to do with this section??

Why should I have a problem? It was @seiko who made the claim that the 25% seat reservation for poor children in all schools is given exemption in Christian run schools because they reserve those seats for the handicapped children. Considering Christian run schools make up vast majority of schools in Kerala the logical follow on of that was 25% of Kerala children are handicapped. This was liked and thanked by @nair who also agrees with this line of thinking.

1. Now you are using banana scale again
2.You support zamindari system ?? Individual ownership vs community ownership ..i have heard that argument before both have merits and demerits ..anyway most of our farmers are engaged in subsistence farming , not going to mock them but atleast people here didn`t have to suffer from bonded labours and suicides
3.oh somehow i miss the memo , i being a hindu , m so primitive now. darn it. do inform me about next round of modernity
4.yes it happened , cut off from china , burma and bd , the entire system collapsed.
5. yes it did , oil,coal, forest product, minerals , agri product etc we sell them to our western states now , in case if you have missed your geography lessons . I don't blame you. Why are you so happy about drug smuggling though. you seem to happy about it ??
6.yes we do, we pay as much you do , it just we are so fewer in numbers and our geographic area is large
7.blood shed that is unfornate !!As tribals I agree we could do better, but things are improving .. it is no more what it used to be even 5 years ago . infact states like mizoram and ap have probably lowest crime rate in India . all the other states will become like that soon i hope.
8.and how much is the population 1%(not including assam) ?? why not try with gdp per capita???

State Per-capita GDP
up - 30051
West Bengal- 55222
Madhya Pradesh 37994
Bihar 22691
Chhattisgarh - 46743

Meghalaya 53542
Ngaland 56461
Mizoram 54689
Sikkim 121440
Manipur 32865
ArunachalPradesh 74059
State Domestic Product of India 2014 | State-Wise GDP 2014 | District GDP of India | State-wise Population 2014 | VMW Analytic Services

oh look "tribal" "primitive" "backwards" "no economy" "closed"states have better gdp/capita than bigger non tribal states ..but but ..they buy their own phones,and lay their own roads and optical fibres etc so you don`t have to worry i guess cause you only pay ours..

Are you in favor of slash and burn type of agriculture which is considered as most environmentally degrading kind of agriculture? As well as preserved grounds for hunting like English lordships for people who live in urban settings and hold regular jobs?

Do you also claim to be an environmentalist and an animal lover in addition to human rights advocate?

Seems like you like your cake and like to eat it too.

Last edited:
Why should I have a problem? It was @seiko who made the claim that the 25% seat reservation for poor children in all schools is given exemption in Christian run schools because they reserve those seats for the handicapped children. Considering Christian run schools make up vast majority of schools in Kerala the logical follow on of that was 25% of Kerala children are handicapped. This was liked and thanked by @nair who also agrees with this line of thinking.
yes,Most of the Kerala schools are owned by Christians but not all the places are Christian dominated nor majority of students are Christian(may change according to demographic)..
i studied in a Christian management government aided school in Malayalam medium,where mostly a good portion of students are hindus,not just Malayali hindus...
..30-Malayali hindu students 20-.Malayali Christian students,1-Malayali student,8-konkani hindu students,1-Tamil hindu student...
i am not sure about the reservation systems..but one thing sure..you peoples are living in DARK WORLD..

Not on the basis of reciprocity, but sadly, there may be increasing spread of laws restricting agricultural property transfers to (a) local citizens; (b) traditionally farming communities. It does not seem to be a right step.

It is not what you are suggesting, but a different, worrying development.

Restricting transfer of land to the hands of non-residents has its positive and negative aspects. But it is already law in J&K (under #370), Himachal, Uttarakhand, Nagaland (#371); I believe that there are restrictions in Arunachal and in Sikkim as well, but am not sure. Forebodings on this account may be too late already.

Last edited:
yes,Most of the Kerala schools are owned by Christians but not all the places are Christian dominated nor majority of students are Christian(may change according to demographic)..
i studied in a Christian management government aided school in Malayalam medium,where mostly a good portion of students are hindus,not just Malayali hindus...
..30-Malayali hindu students 20-.Malayali Christian students,1-Malayali student,8-konkani hindu students,1-Tamil hindu student...
i am not sure about the reservation systems..but one thing sure..you peoples are living in DARK WORLD..

I did not claim that all children who go to Christian schools are Christians. All I said was since Seiko says majority of schools which incidentally happens to be Christian run schools have been granted exemption from reserving 25% of seats for childern of the poorer sections of society is because they have instead reserved it for the handicapped children of Kerala, the logical corollary of that is 25% of all Mallu children are handicapped (did not specify if they are Hindu or Christian children).

What do you mean "you" people are living in DARK WORLD. I did not claim 25% of Maharashtrian or Karnataka children are handicapped nor did I claim that our schools should be granted this exemption too towards that end.

So who is living in the DARK WORLD and who is not is best judged by the readers here.

Not on the basis of reciprocity, but sadly, there may be increasing spread of laws restricting agricultural property transfers to (a) local citizens; (b) traditionally farming communities. It does not seem to be a right step.

Restricting transfer of land to the hands of non-residents has its positive and negative aspects. But it is already law in J&K (under #370), Himachal, Uttarakhand, Nagaland (#371); I believe that there are restrictions in Arunachal and in Sikkim as well, but am not sure. Forebodings on this account may be too late already.

It is but a natural extension of the system we have followed till date that other states too would going forward adopt these policies. I look forward to people from these states pointing their fingers at Raj Thackeray and claiming high moral ground for his utterances against Biharis for a reason far more valid than their own.

Yes actually the restriction on transfer of property is there in all the Himalayan areas. And as you said there are both pros and cons for it.

Solution to this sort of problem is a two-way street. There are many instances where it is just a fist fight like any typical college fights which are branded as racist attacks as well. That is wrong as well.

If a guy from, say Chandigarh has a fist fight with a guy from Manipur or a confrontation, just because they both look different doesn't make it a racist attack as many media channels like to highlight.

There are morons yes. I have heard many cases here particularly in Delhi (not anywhere else at least till now). But that doesn't make all of rest of India as racist. Please this wrong image is created by the more-than-necessary free media that cares only for its TRPs and achieves it by creating discord and insecurity.

As this thread's main article says, a lot of cases are centred around Delhi which has a rather nonsensical attitude in general to Indians from any part of India.

The best way to deal with this is to come together and promote more people to people understanding. Nehruvian views kept the entire region isolated from each other for years. Now with more people coming out to study and internal tourism, this is changing. People are realizing that as a country we have a lot in common despite what some jerks say.

To have a harmonious society, both sides, rest of India AS WELL AS my fellow northeasterners should come forward.

Back
Top Bottom