What's new

India's indigenously designed Arjun Mk-1A clears trials, ready to go into production

Sorry, my mistake i mean 1200 SHP but according to wiki, but still have better power to weight ratio then your Arjun

Yes. It has a better power to weight ratio but that quoted power comes at particular RPM. The real measure of power is torque.

When high power is required, you design engine in such a way that it gives you a lots of torque though it has very low HP figures.
I will give you an example of real life. Ask anybody what between a car and a tractor is powerful? Everybody will give answer that tractor. Now do you know that tractor has half of the power of a car? My tractor is of 39 BHP while my car has 85 hp of power. power is the figure arrived by multiplying Torque with RPM. This peak power comes at very high RPM where we generally do not operate engine. Tractor engines are design to provide a very high torque at low RPM. When power requirement is higher compared to speed, engines are designed to generate more torque at less RPM. Arjun's engine is a super charged engine designed to generate a lots of low RPM torque. That is why its highest speed is only 58 kmpl but it is a very powerful engine. It can run in Rajasthan sand with a lots of ease because of its high low end torque. On road, Alkhalid or any other tank will run faster at its top speed. Arjun is also fitted with very nice suspension to sustain a higher speed in rugged areas and bumpy surface which it is likely to encounter in real battle field.

1. Jack of all trades. Master of none

That is a choice. Tell me which tank which is likely to face Arjun is master of something?
Depends on auto loader design. French autoloaders and russian ones are very different from each other. Germans whose help y’all sought doesn’t have autoloader on their tank

Who told you that we could not incorporate auto loader if we would have wished to?
4. Lmao did you just compare to an abrams? They have a turbine engine. It’s in a totally different league
If that is the logic, Russia , China, Germany, France too would have been using Gas turbine. Do you know why they uses diesel engine?
No one “wants” very heavy armor, you either get armor that will provide you exceptional protection or sacrifice it, you can balance it too by working on your ceramic armor or ERA but I don’t think indigenous Indian technologies are advanced enough to reach the balance, UK, Russia or even China has.

No one wants heavy Armour? DO you know anything about the armor of challenger?

If you think a big moving target is safe at 58km/h might as well buy some t59 from russian stock and expand your fleet.

Than tell me at what speed the tanks are safe? Does any tank runs at 200 KM per hour?
58 Km is a speed at which this tanks runs on road. In desert , it will go bellow 40 for Arjun and any other tank you name. Arjun having better low end torque and low ground pressure with wider belt and better suspension will work better than most of the tanks in desert.

Arjun 2 looks like a pretty good tank. If too heavy for 1400hp engine, it still has good protection for the extra weight. The size means they can easily upgrade to 1800hp engine if one is available. The really important aspect for tank is fire control and detection. This stuff is not available online like for any other country's tank. With available information, Arjun 2 looks modern.

It should be obvious that we're talking about low rpm torque. That agility is much more valuable than running from gunships at 10km/hr faster at high rpm, which makes no difference. Might help if you're tailing civilian cars to run over like the Americans.

The size means they can easily upgrade to 1800hp engine if one is available.
Engine is always available. But DRDO wanted an engine with some IP rights. Maybe not a great call. 1500 HP engine under development, which I've very low hopes for.

Arjun 2 looks like a pretty good tank. If too heavy for 1400hp engine, it still has good protection for the extra weight. The size means they can easily upgrade to 1800hp engine if one is available. The really important aspect for tank is fire control and detection. This stuff is not available online like for any other country's tank. With available information, Arjun 2 looks modern.

The good feature of Arjun is its battle field management system which provides a holistic picture of enemy and friendly tanks.

ATGMs make these tanks useless
So why all modern Armies still using MBTs like USA/EU/Russia/China/Japan, and US army want to replace their M1A2 Abraham, and its replacement projects is in initial stage

Who told you that we could not incorporate auto loader if we would have wished to?
You could but you don’t have any designs for that.
If that is the logic, Russia , China, Germany, France too would have been using Gas turbine. Do you know why they uses diesel engine?
Yes but they aren’t using an engine pack from the 60s in their modern tanks which are far heavier.

No one wants heavy Armour? DO you know anything about the armor of challenger?
If you believe heavy armor= better protection, you’re surely mistaken

Than tell me at what speed the tanks are safe? Does any tank runs at 200 KM per hour?
58 Km is a speed at which this tanks runs on road. In desert , it will go bellow 40 for Arjun and any other tank you name. Arjun having better low end torque and low ground pressure with wider belt and better suspension will work better than most of the tanks in desert.
Ok let’s see what your army has to say about mk 2 once it’s in service. They sure loved mk 1 xD

ATGMs make these tanks useless

It is going to be equipped with trophy like system trophy which will throw away ATGM or artillery shell before it touches the tank. Infact, no tank is invincible but Arjun has a lots of protection.

You could but you don’t have any designs for that.

This means we do not want that in our tank.
Yes but they aren’t using an engine pack from the 60s in their modern tanks which are far heavier.

We are not using the tank of 60s unless you think that in 60s, tank had block and pistons which Arjun too have. Otherwise it uses super charger and has a lots of low end torque and very decent fuel efficiency.
If you believe heavy armor= better protection, you’re surely mistaken

Then please tell me what gives better protection? It has honey comb sort of armor which is covers by reactive armor and trophy like system is planned. All biding blocks for best protection is installed/ planned on Arjun. Please enlighten me if you think otherwise.

Ok let’s see what your army has to say about mk 2 once it’s in service. They sure loved mk 1 xD

Many of technologies are now developed. It is all about making mind about requirement and what configuration IA wants in tank. Most likely it will be a 50 to 55 ton tank with a robust mind protection. Soon as IA decide on configuration, more fast they will get FMBT.

It is going to be equipped with trophy like system trophy which will throw away ATGM or artillery shell before it touches the tank. Infact, no tank is invincible but Arjun has a lots of protection.

This means we do not want that in our tank.

We are not using the tank of 60s unless you think that in 60s, tank had block and pistons which Arjun too have. Otherwise it uses super charger and has a lots of low end torque and very decent fuel efficiency.

Then please tell me what gives better protection? It has honey comb sort of armor which is covers by reactive armor and trophy like system is planned. All biding blocks for best protection is installed/ planned on Arjun. Please enlighten me if you think otherwise.

Many of technologies are now developed. It is all about making mind about requirement and what configuration IA wants in tank. Most likely it will be a 50 to 55 ton tank with a robust mind protection. Soon as IA decide on configuration, more fast they will get FMBT.
Here, it might cure your problems.

Learning from the disaster, would cure your retardation:
Knowing about the subject matter would cure yours :)

This article doesn't mention the Mk 1a. Infact it was written in 2016 when Mk 1a didnt even exist.
Regarding Mk 2 it goes on to say that army seems more interested in armata, which, surprisingly as things turned out, even Russia isn't buying in large numbers.

If you don't see any difference between this:-
images

and this:-

images

Get your eyes checked.
Or maybe play those 'spot the difference' games rated 8+. Even they are harder than this.

Last edited:
It should be obvious that we're talking about low rpm torque. That agility is much more valuable than running from gunships at 10km/hr faster at high rpm, which makes no difference. Might help if you're tailing civilian cars to run over like the Americans.

Engine is always available. But DRDO wanted an engine with some IP rights. Maybe not a great call. 1500 HP engine under development, which I've very low hopes for.

At 58.5 tons its engine produced a mediocre 22.5 hp/ton.

Operational Range of 200 km
40km off road
And
65 on road speed

The engine is a 1400 hp.

And all fleet remains grounded.

How back to MKII,
It has ballooned to 68-69 tons and uses the same engine and has huge design flaws.

Comparing to to Abrams even when it comes to mobility is a fukin joke, Abrams uses a modern turbine engine producing 24.5hp/ton and 0-20mph in 6 seconds, cruising range of 300 miles.

And is actually lighter & doesnt have fukin holes in front or a thin layer protecting the ammo storage.

Knowing about the subject matter would cure yours :)

This article doesn't mention the Mk 1a. Infact it was written in 2016 when Mk 1a didnt even exist.
Regarding Mk 2 it goes on to say that army seems more interested in armata, which, surprisingly as things turned out, even Russia isn't buying in large numbers.
Shutting the fk up might not cure your disease but atleast that would save you from more embarrassment.

Lmao, ain’t no way this engine can operate on this tank effectively.
The leopard 1 armor is paper thin, I bet t34 76mm can pen right through it.
I don’t think Arjun’s indigenous ERA are light weight either, they might be sacrificing speed for armor protection, which lets be honest isn’t a good idea specially in modern tanks

Lmao, ain’t no way this engine can operate on this tank effectively.
The leopard 1 armor is paper thin, I bet t34 76mm can pen right through it.
I don’t think Arjun’s indigenous ERA are light weight either, they might be sacrificing speed for armor protection, which lets be honest isn’t a good idea specially in modern tanks
Plus 120mm is not worth it if there will not be any depleted uranium rounds. From what I know only US modified the Rheinmetall guns to use DP in their tanks. Germans use tungsten
We Pakistanis use both DU & Tungsten.

And all fleet remains grounded.

How back to MKII,
It has ballooned to 68-69 tons and uses the same engine and has huge design flaws.

The fleet isnt grounded, you're touting news from years ago. The supply chain is back to normal. You havent even seen mark 2 yet. It'll shave 3 some tones off of that, plus redesigned turret and hull. What we know of it only is that Reliance handed over the prototype hull and turret 6 month early in 2018. What you're are talking about is Mark 1A.

First of all, give me the proof of Al- Khalid has 1400 hp engine. If you prove that, I partly agree with you. First of all provide me the reference of Al khalid is fitted with 1400 hp engine.
AK has a 1200 HP engine producing 26HP/ton and weighs 48 tons.

And acceleration 0-32km/hr in 10 seconds.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom