What's new

India's indigenously designed Arjun Mk-1A clears trials, ready to go into production

68 tons include even those plows. Arjun is the right weight for a heavy tank. Unfortunately it'll find merit in the Indian Army only once if Pakistan buys say, the Altay or Abrams.

Forget the foreign components. That'll be localised only when the tanks are ordered in the hundreds. Until then, be satisfied with whatever Arjun tech that trickles onto our Russian tanks.

68 tons include even those plows. Arjun is the right weight for a heavy tank. Unfortunately it'll find merit in the Indian Army only once if Pakistan buys say, the Altay or Abrams.
Lol, ploughs don’t weigh a ton kid.

Its heavier than both & not even half aa capable as your T-90, let alone Abrams or Altay.

An obsolete gun, a fuking hole on its turret, underpowered and just junk in general.

Forget the foreign components. That'll be localised only when the tanks are ordered in the hundreds. Until then, be satisfied with whatever Arjun tech that trickles onto our Russian tanks.
Papu, its the other way around.
And your army knows it, hence the 1400 T-90s & arjuns production capped at 120-24, all of which remain grounded.

Here are just 2 major weak spots on its turret, let alone other issues:

9D539DD5-7158-41F5-B58E-BC99D2DEF4C7.jpeg
F1A1D732-8CF8-4092-B9FC-EB7E5EA534F0.jpeg

Its useless engine from the 60s is another issue.

Originally fitted on a leopard in 65.
Its supercharged version gives around 1400hp & its torque, rpm, mileage/consumption is pathetic to say the least.

Its gun and indian ammo are equally pathetic.

is Arjun bhai is coated wirh special protective material???
Yes, cow dung.

I think we have around 450, as per modp yearbook figures

Only if we had 1000+ of these beasts. :p:. Still, i know these matters and i know it take time to build inventory.

It’s sad that Pakistan has a good tank factory but budget constraints is getting to you guys. We have the money now but no technological capability. Regardless this Arjun will fail still

Btw AK-1 can operate in night too. On Arjun, i dont think its a failure, what i think is that it is overweight for the region it is supposed to function in and some 3-4 million per peace expensive.

Only if we had 1000+ of these beasts. :p:. Still, i know these matters and i know it take time to build inventory.

Btw AK-1 can operate in night too. On Arjun, i dont think its a failure, what i think is that it is overweight for the region it is supposed to function in and some 3-4 million per peace expensive.
Yes. It’s operating speed will kill it.

@KapitaanAli what’s more ironic ? Even the TWMPs are British imported ones lol.
Where did you see that, sir?

TWMP is made by BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Ltd). In fact, they've a TWMP and a FWMP. In fact, they even have an Armoured Recovery and Repair Vehicle based on the Arjun. The program has given us a few things that can be used elsewhere, including on Russian tanks.

Since you said British, I've a feeling you're mistaking a plough for a meteorological sensor, which would be funny. Let me know if the prototype bought the plough from outside.

It's said that the ERA and the plow together weighs about 3 ton.

Anyway, posting some improvements of Mk1A over Mk1:
1. Missile firing through main gun.
2. Commander Panoramic Sight (CPS) with Thermal Imager.
3. Containerisation of Ammunition Bin with Individual Shutter
(CABIS).
4. Roof Mounted Driver’s Seat (RMDS).
5. New final drive with increased reduction ratio.
6. Un-cooled Thermal Imager (Driver’s Night Sight).
7. Track Width Mine Plough (TWMP).
8. Incorporation of ERA panels.
9. AD weapon remote firing (360 degrees).
10. Effective Alternate to MRS.
11. Laser Warning Counter measure System (LWCS).
12. Advanced Land Navigation System (ALNS).
13. Automatic Target Tracking (ATT) Gunner’s Main Sight.
14. Advanced Running Gear System (ARGS).
15. New Track with increased horn height.

aaarv_2_orig.jpg

Yes. It’s operating speed will kill it.
Arjun Mk1A is slower than Mk1, but the power train is tuned differently for better acceleration and torque.

TWMP is made by BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Ltd). In fact, they've a TWMP and a FWMP. In fact, they even have an Armoured Recovery and Repair Vehicle based on the Arjun. The program has given us a few things that can be used elsewhere, including on Russian tanks.

Is Pearson Engineering, UK an indian company? :cheesy:

https://www.pearson-eng.com/products/track-width-mine-plough/
72219A2C-B376-4226-AC95-71A0ABA1774A.jpeg

https://www.pearson-eng.com/pearson-engineering-display-latest-mine-plough-technology-at-defexpo/

Since you said British, I've a feeling you're mistaking a plough for a meteorological sensor, which would be funny. Let me know if the prototype bought the plough from outside.

Yeah and you are acting like a smart *** which you arent.

ERA 3 tons? What are you smoking kid?

Even older K series on your T-72s don’t weigh over 3.5kg per brick. And even Arjun MK2 turret isn’t covered by it, let alone this hull.

3526940A-10CF-4D33-B660-C8A31AF3B69A.jpeg

Even the lowest penetrating round will vaporise the gunner & if it hits the side of the turret, expect a nasty explosion:

D983289F-49E0-48EA-8529-0424BC2368CD.jpeg

(CABIS).

View attachment 593322

Im not even sure you have missile firing gun (smoking chambers ring a bell? Also LAHATs didnt come) let alone blow off panels, which india claimed even MKI had, which it didnt:

FCA12B54-A5D9-4CF9-8AD0-87B0B3DA649D.jpeg

Where is that blow off panel ? Cant find shiz! And how did you manage to do that without any designing of the turret?lol

The main upgrades you got are a drivers sight, a fuckin seat , RCS & a fire on move capability, which im doubtful of.

Arjun Mk1A is slower than Mk1, but the power train is tuned differently for better acceleration and torque.
Papu, how are you getting mire torque and acceleration with the same MTU-808? You dont know shit about the claims you are making.

And here you are comparing this lemon to Abrams and Altay. :rofl:

All this while the entire MKI fleet remains grounded due to “tanks’ transmission system, targeting, and thermal sights were malfunctioning or underperforming — and missing spare parts. In total, 90 separate technical issues were recorded.”

-Quoting your own media.

Last edited:

(CABIS).

View attachment 593322

And oh nice lil box on the front which probably could even be destroyed by a 7.62.

Is Pearson Engineering, UK an indian company? :cheesy:

https://www.pearson-eng.com/products/track-width-mine-plough/
View attachment 593327
https://www.pearson-eng.com/pearson-engineering-display-latest-mine-plough-technology-at-defexpo/

Yeah and you are acting like a smart *** which you arent.

ERA 3 tons? What are you smoking kid?

Even older K series on your T-72s don’t weigh over 3.5kg per brick. And even Arjun MK2 turret isn’t covered by it, let alone this hull.

View attachment 593329

Even the lowest penetrating round will vaporise the gunner & if it hits the side of the turret, expect a nasty explosion:

View attachment 593330

Im not even sure you have missile firing gun (smoking chambers ring a bell? Also LAHATs didnt come) let alone blow off panels, which india claimed even MKI had, which it didnt:

View attachment 593328

Where is that blow off panel ? Cant find shiz! And how did you manage to do that without any designing of the turret?lol

The main upgrades you got are a drivers sight, a fuckin seat , RCS & a fire on move capability, which im doubtful of.

Papu, how are you getting mire torque and acceleration with the same MTU-808? You dont know shit about the claims you are making.

And here you are comparing this lemon to Abrams and Altay. :rofl:

All this while the entire MKI fleet remains grounded due to “tanks’ transmission system, targeting, and thermal sights were malfunctioning or underperforming — and missing spare parts. In total, 90 separate technical issues were recorded.”

-Quoting your own media.
You're right. Sorry for the meteorological sensor snub. BEML has been given contract to build TWMP compatible with all tanks (a Russian design), but it's bigger and probably not meant as standard equipment for this tank. But I want to add that the write up talks only of evaluations. It's seen on the prototype, but wait until production for full picture.

IMG_0916001.jpg

Power train includes the engine and transmission, not just the engine. But even an engine can be tuned.

Last edited:
You're right. Sorry for the meteorological sensor snub. BEML has been given contract to build TWMP compatible with tanks (a Russian design), but it's bigger and probably not meant as standard equipment for this tank. But I want to add that the write up talks only of evaluations. It's seen on the prototype, but wait until production for full picture.

View attachment 593337

Power train includes the engine and transmission, not just the engine. But even an engine can be tuned.
838, KA 501, is a the most modern , supercharged version of 838, you cant just tune it up like a supras JZ.

The older 500 barely makes 800 hp.

It (501) barely made 22 hp per ton for MKI, now the MK-2 has ballooned further, adding 10.5 tons more. Do the math.

Last edited:
I wonder if they can get German engine packs or not because Indian engines aren’t all that great, reliability is still a concern, the first one suffered from transmission problems if I’m not wrong. If you’re right about uptuning the engine then I wonder if they have fixed overheating issues with it

I wonder if they can get German engine packs or not because Indian engines aren’t all that great, reliability is still a concern, the first one suffered from transmission problems if I’m not wrong. If you’re right about uptuning the engine then I wonder if they have fixed overheating issues with it
MTU is a german engine, the engine Arjun is using was developed for Leo 1 back in 65, its just a super charged version of the same engine.

The issue is that its an old and fuel guzzling (extremely fuel inefficient) engine with not so great performance.

Made worse by 68 tons of lemon.

Leopard I was 42 tons.

Arjunk i was 58-58.
Arjunk II is 68-69.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom