What's new

Indian thieves hit Pakistani traders

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Shoplifters and thieves are reported to have struck the recent Aalishan Pakistan trade fair at Pragati Maidan, making off with expensive designer clothing. Police sources said on Friday that on September 14, the last day of the fair, three FIRs were registered by participating Pakistani traders in connection with the theft of clothes brought by them.

In the three cases, two women from Shahdara and a man from Trilokpuri are alleged to have been caught at the scene by the Pakistani traders, who had set up their stalls in Hall Number 18. In the first case, a Lahore resident reports that a woman walked into his stalls (numbers 8 and 9) around 4 pm and allegedly stole six pieces of expensive clothing. The woman, named Sapna, who says she lives in Trilokpuri, was caught by other shopkeepers and later handed over to the police.

Thousands of people visit each stall so one has to be alert. They can have their own staff look out for those who are trying to take advantage of the chaos.
On September 14 again, a complaint was lodged by a Karachi trader, who said that a woman bought clothes from his shop and fled without paying. The woman was later identified as one Nirmal Kaur of Shahdara. She was caught by shopkeepers and visitors after a chase inside the venue. The police recovered from Kaur’s possession some expensive clothes of continued on page other brands as well. Kaur told the police that she did not remember where she had stolen the other dresses from.

At the same stall, a little later, there was said to be another theft. A man was found to be in possession of several pieces of clothing from different Pakistani brands. One of the traders asked him to present bills of purchase, which he failed to show. He later admitted he had stolen the goods. The accused was identified as one Vikas from Shahdara.

SBS Tyagi, New Delhi’s additional commissioner of police, said the police had received no complaint from the organisers or the Indian Trade Promotion Organisation regarding the alleged cases of theft.

A senior police officer, who didn’t wish to be named, said, “Thousands of people visit each stall so one has to be alert. They can have their own staff look out for those who are trying to take advantage of the chaos.”

“I had no knowledge of these FIRs. I too had a stall at the exhibition and, while security was okay, it could have been tighter. I do know that designer Huma Adnan of label FNKAsia lost jewellery pieces,” said Sanam Chaudhri, chairperson of Fashion Pakistan, one of the organisers of Aalishan Pakistan.

Huma Adnan of Karachi-based label FNKAsia admitted she suffered losses at the exhibition. “A black, Kutch-inspired anklet worth Rs 15,000 went missing on the second day of the exhibition, she said. “I wanted to file an FIR but didn’t.”

Adnan, whose collection was well-received, added: “From next time, we hope better arrangements will be made. They continued…

3 Pakistan traders report theft at clothing exhibition | The Indian Express

3 Pakistan traders report theft at clothing exhibition
56 Google +0
U.S. Green Card in 1 year
Requires a $500K investment in U.S. Come read all the details. www.michelbeaubien.com
Ads by Google
f38d6652d44caf0b6c85edc730bec7de.jpg
Pak envoy Abdul Basit and his wife at the exhibition. (Source: Express file)
Written by Prawesh Lama | New Delhi | Posted: September 20, 2014 2:45 am
Shoplifters and thieves are reported to have struck the recent Aalishan Pakistan trade fair at Pragati Maidan, making off with expensive designer clothing. Police sources said on Friday that on September 14, the last day of the fair, three FIRs were registered by participating Pakistani traders in connection with the theft of clothes brought by them.

In the three cases, two women from Shahdara and a man from Trilokpuri are alleged to have been caught at the scene by the Pakistani traders, who had set up their stalls in Hall Number 18. In the first case, a Lahore resident reports that a woman walked into his stalls (numbers 8 and 9) around 4 pm and allegedly stole six pieces of expensive clothing. The woman, named Sapna, who says she lives in Trilokpuri, was caught by other shopkeepers and later handed over to the police.

0d8c5b8e0596f7d45424ce7f432ea56d.png
Thousands of people visit each stall so one has to be alert. They can have their own staff look out for those who are trying to take advantage of the chaos.
On September 14 again, a complaint was lodged by a Karachi trader, who said that a woman bought clothes from his shop and fled without paying. The woman was later identified as one Nirmal Kaur of Shahdara. She was caught by shopkeepers and visitors after a chase inside the venue. The police recovered from Kaur’s possession some expensive clothes of continued on page other brands as well. Kaur told the police that she did not remember where she had stolen the other dresses from.

At the same stall, a little later, there was said to be another theft. A man was found to be in possession of several pieces of clothing from different Pakistani brands. One of the traders asked him to present bills of purchase, which he failed to show. He later admitted he had stolen the goods. The accused was identified as one Vikas from Shahdara.

SBS Tyagi, New Delhi’s additional commissioner of police, said the police had received no complaint from the organisers or the Indian Trade Promotion Organisation regarding the alleged cases of theft.

A senior police officer, who didn’t wish to be named, said, “Thousands of people visit each stall so one has to be alert. They can have their own staff look out for those who are trying to take advantage of the chaos.”

“I had no knowledge of these FIRs. I too had a stall at the exhibition and, while security was okay, it could have been tighter. I do know that designer Huma Adnan of label FNKAsia lost jewellery pieces,” said Sanam Chaudhri, chairperson of Fashion Pakistan, one of the organisers of Aalishan Pakistan.

Huma Adnan of Karachi-based label FNKAsia admitted she suffered losses at the exhibition. “A black, Kutch-inspired anklet worth Rs 15,000 went missing on the second day of the exhibition, she said. “I wanted to file an FIR but didn’t.”

Adnan, whose collection was well-received, added: “From next time, we hope better arrangements will be made. They continued…

- See more at: 3 Pakistan traders report theft at clothing exhibition | The Indian Express

Pakistani traders report theft at Indian trade fair
Posted by: Ali Raza in Entertainment 1 min ago Comments Off 2 Views

650d27d66b6d6cca8cb386ae15544c8b.jpg

NEW DEHLI: Trade fair Aalishan Pakistan was hit by robbers and thieves as traders reported missing designer clothing items on the last day.

A report in the Indian Express quotes police sources as saying that three First Information Reports (FIRs) were registered on Friday by Pakistani sellers for the theft of clothes brought by them.

In the first case, a Lahore trader reports that a woman walked into his stalls and allegedly stole six pieces of expensive clothing. The woman, named Sapna, who says she lives in Trilokpuri, was caught by other shopkeepers and later handed over to the police.

Another complaint was lodged by a Karachi seller, who said a woman took clothes from his shop and fled without paying. The woman was later identified as one Nirmal Kaur of Shahdara, and was caught by shopkeepers and visitors after a chase. Some expensive clothes were recovered.

Later, the same stall witnessed another theft, as a man was found to be in possession of clothing from different Pakistani brands with no bills of purchase. Identified as one Vikas from Shahdara, he later admitted he had stolen the goods.

New Delhi’s additional commissioner of police SBS Tyagi said the police had not received a complaint from the organisers or the Indian Trade Promotion Organisation regarding the alleged theft.

A senior police officer requesting anonymity said, “Thousands of people visit each stall so one has to be alert. They can have their own staff look out for those who are trying to take advantage of the chaos.”

Chairperson of Fashion Pakistan and one of the organisers of Aalishan Pakistan, Sanam Chaudhri said, “I had no knowledge of these FIRs. I too had a stall at the exhibition and, while security was okay, it could have been tighter. I do know that designer Huma Adnan of label FNKAsia lost jewellery pieces.”

Huma Adnan confirmed that her clothing items were stolen. “A black, Kutch-inspired anklet worth Rs15,000 went missing on the second day of the exhibition, she said. “I wanted to file an FIR but didn’t.”

“From next time, we hope better arrangements will be made,” she added.

Aalishan Pakistan was a four-day exhibition that allowed exhibitors to showcase their products in 320 stalls ranging from garments to textiles. An art exhibition for young artists, a fashion show, business-to-business meeting of Pakistani exporters with Indian firms, and a business seminar was also held at the sidelines of the event.

Back
Top Bottom