What's new

Indian Special Forces Video

Yes Even SSW Uses them, I forgot.... Hey isnt that a deadly weapon??? It sure is one.... But Yes zittara is Going to be the Main stream weapon for Our Special forces, So I guess I would Miss This F2000... But hey Zittara Is deadly too...

Zittara is a 21st century weapon and it stands in the same league as FN-2k both would be comparable in performance.

FN-2000 has been in service with dozens of countries which outlines that how effective it is.

Belgians are good at making guns , FN-FAL and many other spectacular weapons came from Belgium.

Zittara on the other hand would be equally effective too.

Yes Even SSW Uses them, I forgot.... Hey isnt that a deadly weapon??? It sure is one.... But Yes zittara is Going to be the Main stream weapon for Our Special forces, So I guess I would Miss This F2000... But hey Zittara Is deadly too...

Indian army specials were offered this weapon. Army refused it. Looks good, but bulky handling. Good for SPG like forces only.

Indian special forces have opted for SIG assault rifles in addition to Tavors, zittara, MSMC. NSG has also ordered a large number of these.

SHOT%20Show%202006%20-%20SIG%20SG556%20Rifle_1%20(small).jpg

Indian army specials were offered this weapon. Army refused it. Looks good, but bulky handling. Good for SPG like forces only.

Indian special forces have opted for SIG assault rifles in addition to Tavors, zittara, MSMC. NSG has also ordered a large number of these.

SHOT%20Show%202006%20-%20SIG%20SG556%20Rifle_1%20(small).jpg

But the NSG Upgrade Includes Corner shot as The primary Weapon and the One You mentioned is secondary

If you train men in CQC then they should be fully equipped for it. There is no use training an infantryman in CQC and giving him the INSAS. Modern SWAT (special weapons and techniques) tactics are only just coming into developing nations armed forces.

Leo,

You are missing the point.

Training for CQC is a different aspect where as training for jungle warfare training is altogether different. The video shows Jungle warfare training from CIJWS.

All the equipment that you are talking about makes sense only in planned missions .i.e you know that there are terrorists inside a building and you have to take them out or such kind of scenarios. For Jungle warfare training OR mountain warfare , where soldiers has to watch out the terrain AND search homes of people --THEY WILL USE THEIR ASSAULT rifle. Go through my posts again, you will understand.

Thanks.

Guys deployed in Tamil areas - what sort of training do they get?

BB may you are confusing with Srilankan LTTE.

There is no insurgency in southern india. There was some maoist problems in southern india - but that was handled by the policy.

Tavor is one hell of a gun without any doubt.
I am in For M4 Commando - suitable for multiple roles.

So would a Tavor. An assault rifle and a potent CQB weapon is as close as it gets. Do you know of Tavor problems that you are favoring M4?

If you train men in CQC then they should be fully equipped for it. There is no use training an infantryman in CQC and giving him the INSAS. Modern SWAT (special weapons and techniques) tactics are only just coming into developing nations armed forces.

May be in your country its not but in ours it is important..the video's from CIJW school where regular infantry men and officer's train in the art of jungle warfare along with room intervention techniques..in ideal condition fr a specific job the force is equipped with proper weapons for example the NSG has perfect weapons fr its job profile..but area's like the north east where the majority of troops stationed are from regular infantry units they would be carrying out major bulk of operation with thier standard weapons like the INSAS or the AK SERIES..not every time you get will get a weapon of ur choice to carry out your operation so training with ur weapon in different environment is what which improves you..apart from that if u feel that fixed butt INSAS IS TOO LONG HERE'S ITS FORDABLE BUTT
12sa556rfold.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

So would a Tavor. An assault rifle and a potent CQB weapon is as close as it gets. Do you know of Tavor problems that you are favoring M4?

If i am going in a CQB situation - i would Pick M4 commando before i pick Tavor because the reason that struck my mind is the design and the easy mobility of M4.

M4 is a neat design and is not much attached to the body where Tavor is a case different.

Here is Tavor:

mtar.jpg

M4 Commando.

M4_Commando_01.jpg

Tavor is more like an SMG where M4 is a multi task weapon , the issue here would be handling during combat and while Maneuvering , Running , crouch etc and in my opinion M4 is Much better option.

Carbines are fine rifles but the issue with them is that if they jam which they often do- its a goodbye to you in a CQB.;)

If carbines jammed so often, as you are saying, do you think America would have adopted rifles based on it as its standard rifle such as the colt M-4................??????????

Let me make a fact very clear to you, all rifles, big & small, long & short, thick & thin, do jam especially the semi-automatic and the full-automatic ones.

The problem with Carbines is actually the bright muzzle flash, the huge recoil, the very loud noise and less muzzle-velocity. However, it is in popular use due to increasing urban warfare and CQB, today.

And using INSAS instead of a colt M-4 would only slow down the soldier's movement but when there are so many of you and you should have noticed that the guy first threw in a smoke grenade, then what is the problem in using the INSAS. Cozz you get enough time to enter into the house and take down the terrorists as soon as the smoke vanishes.

You aren't the only genius here, are you?????? They have been keeping my country independent from the last 60yrs and you think you can easily pick out some hopeless flaw without any proper justification............ Well, that's sad and refrain yourself from commenting this way. If you wish to, get some knowledge, first.

Last edited:
Sick, man!

Who the heck on earth told you that???? Are trying to say that carbines are the only ones that jam???????? Sick man......... Do you even know how a rifle works??????

If carbines jammed so often, as you are saying, do you think America would have adopted rifles based on it as its standard rifle such as the colt M-4................??????????

Let me make a fact very clear to you, all rifles, big & small, long & short, thick & thin, do jam especially the semi-automatic and the full-automatic ones.

The problem with Carbines is actually the bright muzzle flash, the huge recoil, the very loud noise and less muzzle-velocity. However, it is in popular use due to increasing urban warfare and CQB, today.

And using INSAS instead of a colt M-4 would only slow down the soldier's movement but when there are so many of you and you should have noticed that the guy first threw in a smoke grenade, then what is the problem in using the INSAS. Cozz you get enough time to enter into the house and take down the terrorists as soon as the smoke vanishes.

You aren't the only genius here, are you?????? They have been keeping my country independent from the last 60yrs and you think you can easily pick out some hopeless flaw without any proper justification............ Well, that's sad and refrain yourself from commenting this way. If we wish to, get some knowledge, first.

Not to piss you off or offend you or something ....

But the same thing could have been said in a much more civilized manner. Such responses only lead to flaming and the knowledge/debate on the matter is lost.

Reserve the angry responses to when it is really needed.

If i am going in a CQB situation - i would Pick M4 commando before i pick Tavor because the reason that struck my mind is the design and the easy mobility of M4.

M4 is a neat design and is not much attached to the body where Tavor is a case different.

Here is Tavor:

mtar.jpg

M4 Commando.

M4_Commando_01.jpg

Tavor is more like an SMG where M4 is a multi task weapon , the issue here would be handling during combat and while Maneuvering , Running , crouch etc and in my opinion M4 is Much better option.

And on what basis did you choose the winner????????????

Read the facts below from wikipedia:-
M4 Carbine=
Weight 5.9 lb (2.7 kg) empty
6.9 lb (3.1 kg) with 30 rounds
Length 33 in (838 mm) (stock extended)
29.8 in (757 mm) (stock retracted)
Barrel length 14.5 in (368 mm)
Cartridge 5.56x45mm NATO
Action Gas-operated, rotating bolt
Rate of fire 700-950 round/min cyclic [1]
Muzzle velocity 2900 feet/second or 884 meters/second [1]
Effective range 500 m (550 yd)
Feed system 30 round box magazine or other STANAG Magazines.

TAR-21=
Weight 3.27 kg (7.21 lb) (TAR-21)[1]
3.18 kg (7.0 lb) (CTAR-21)[1]
3.67 kg (8.1 lb) (STAR-21)
2.95 kg (6.5 lb) (MTAR-21)[1]
3.19 kg (7.0 lb) (TC-21)
Length 720 mm (28.3 in) (TAR-21, STAR-21)[1]
640 mm (25.2 in) (CTAR-21)[1]
590 mm (23.2 in) (MTAR-21)[1]
670 mm (26.4 in) (TC-21)
Barrel length 460 mm (18.1 in) (TAR-21, STAR-21)[1]
380 mm (15.0 in) (CTAR-21)[1]
330 mm (13.0 in) (MTAR-21)[1]
410 mm (16.1 in) (TC-21)
Cartridge 5.56x45mm NATO[1]
9x19mm Para (Optional on MTAR-21)[1]
Action Gas-operated, rotating bolt[1]
Rate of fire 750-900 rounds/min[1]
Muzzle velocity 910 m/s (2,986 ft/s) (TAR-21, STAR-21)
890 m/s (2,919.9 ft/s) (CTAR-21)
870 m/s (2,854.3 ft/s) (MTAR-21)
885 m/s (2,903.5 ft/s) (TC-21)
Effective range 550m (estimated as the M16 rifle by the ammo and the barrel)
Feed system Various STANAG magazines
Sights ITL MARS with integrated laser and IR pointer, Trijicon ACOG (STAR-21), others available

Read these and compare everything and see for yourself which is better................

Also, refer to some youtube video to know more about bull-pups.

And also check the TAR-21s compactness:-
dcc3908758410.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom