What's new

Indian Special Forces Video

Abingdonboy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Hi, has anyone else seen this vid:? and can anyone tell me what unit this is and does this vid reflect all or most traing imparted to Indian forces?

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant see the video right now but i think you have posted CIJWS video.

These are not special forces but regular infantrymen and yeah all of them will get this training if they are posted in that region.And Indian Infantrymen's skill is very high which we can see in this video.

Forgive me if i am wrong coz i cant see this video but just guessing coz i posted this video in other forum...and couldnt stop myself from replying. :)

I didn't think Indian "special" forces used crappy INSAS rifles!

I didn't think Indian "special" forces used crappy INSAS rifles!

Yes..you are right.Our special forces dont use INSAS.

By the way these are not special forces...they are regular infantrymen.What can we do when they look soo professional and skillful..just like the Special Forces.

* Giving your solider an Assault rifle of a size of INSAS in a Close quarter battle as shown at 1:45 is equal to getting his signature on his death warrant !

I wonder who trains these folks , extremely unprofessional.

Example:

In this video - the SSG is being trained by US marine instructors for Anti terrorist ops and close quarter battle , the guns used here are mostly MP-5 Sub machine gun and "Short barrel" configuration of Colt M1A4 Carbine assault rifle.

G-3A3/4 is the main stay battle rifle in Pakistan army and is not used in CQB situations just because of its size , its a HUGE mistake to use a weapon like G-3 or INSAS in CQB.

G-3

G3a3.gif

Length 1,025 mm (40.4 in) (G3A3)
1,025 mm (40.4 in) stock extended / 840 mm (33.1 in) stock collapsed (G3A4)
1,025 mm (40.4 in) (G3SG/1)
895 mm (35.2 in) stock extended / 711 mm (28.0 in) stock collapsed (G3K)

Weight 4.4 kg (9.7 lb) (G3A3)
4.7 kg (10 lb) (G3A4)
5.54 kg (12.2 lb) with optic (G3SG/1)
4.1 kg (9.0 lb) (G3K)

INSAS

600px-800px-INSAS_Rifle.jpg

Weight 4.25 kg (9.4 lb) empty
4.6 kg (10.1 lb) loaded

Length 960 mm (37.8 in),
750 mm (29.5 in) w/stock folded
Barrel length 464 mm (18.3 in)

PS: In these types of ops the MP-5 floats the boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
* Giving your solider an Assault rifle of a size of INSAS in a Close quarter battle as shown at 1:45 is equal to getting his signature on his death warrant !

I wonder who trains these folks , extremely unprofessional.

I agree with the gist of the post but entirely. INSAS OR AK is possibly the worst fire arm in CQB. However these are infantry man who are trained for CQB and not special ops. You cannot expect infantry man to cary a HK /MP 5 all the time with them when they are doing active duty. An Infantry man always carries with him his assault rifle be it Insas or G7 or AK. Rashtriya Rifles always carries Insas or AK with them for counter insurgency in Kashmir --- Para's has tavors or MP-5's with them. Its no different in Pakistan i believe !!

The school that you are seeing is probably CIJWS (i dont have confirmation) -- and is regarded as one of the best institutions in India. CIJWS trains batches of infantry men all the time.

I agree with the gist of the post but entirely. INSAS OR AK is possibly the worst fire arm in CQB. However these are infantry man who are trained for CQB and not special ops. You cannot expect infantry man to cary a HK /MP 5 all the time with them when they are doing active duty. An Infantry man always carries with him his assault rifle be it Insas or G7 or AK. Rashtriya Rifles always carries Insas or AK with them for counter insurgency in Kashmir --- Para's has tavors or MP-5's with them. Its no different in Pakistan i believe !!

The school that you are seeing is probably CIJWS (i dont have confirmation) -- and is regarded as one of the best institutions in India. CIJWS trains batches of infantry men all the time.

I think we have a much different system over here as "Each" Infantry Solider in Pakistan Army undergoes compulsory Anti terrorism and Close quarter battle training.

As for the MP-5 it was only associated to the CO's but now it is widely being used among NCO's too just because of the nature of the conflict.

Though G-3 is the mainstay rifle along with AK-47 or Type-56 - Styer , M4A1 the MP-5 has widely been deployed in the Army now and they are assigned according to the nature of the operation.

The case is different with Pakistan special forces ie SSG , SSW , SSGN , PakMarines.

They use MP-5 , POF-Eye Cornershot , short barrel M4A1 and few others.

Again be it infantry or special services - sending in a man in hot zone with a 900-100mm long gun does not make any sense to me.:coffee:

The original title of the post said "Indian Special Forces video". Hence my remark about the INSAS rifle.

Anyway, even if they are just regular infantrymen getting "special" training, what is so remarkable about it?

The tactics shown in the video is employed by every US soldier and marine, and not necessarily by the Delta Force or the Green Berets.

These are Not special Forces mate, this is Jungle Warfare School (CIJWS), in Vairengte, Mizoram...

The tactics shown in the video is employed by every US soldier and marine, and not necessarily by the Delta Force or the Green Berets.

So you agree that Indian Infantrymen are comparable to the best in the business. :)

Comming back to topic..the soldiers have no choice but to carry INSAS.Recently the Army showed its willingness to buy carbines and there was also the news that INSAS would be replaced.

Afterall the F-INSAS project will also be completed and would be ready for induction in a few years.

So you agree that Indian Infantrymen are comparable to the best in the business. :)

Comming back to topic..the soldiers have no choice but to carry INSAS.Recently the Army showed its willingness to buy carbines and there was also the news that INSAS would be replaced.

Afterall the F-INSAS project will also be completed and would be ready for induction in a few years.

Carbines are fine rifles but the issue with them is that if they jam which they often do- its a goodbye to you in a CQB.;)

Carbines are fine rifles but the issue with them is that if they jam which they often do- its a goodbye to you in a CQB.;)

Was about to tell that mate.... But again MSMC is 5.56×30mm INSAS...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom