What's new

Indian Special Forces Video

Next one of the list is an over n under shot gun frm beretta... and a remington shot gun..

Adam funny thing is u can even buy an israeli tavour or galil,HK 417 etc etc on the same price of M-4 which is 650000 rs black market....

I was right , US army is about to Replace M4A1 after 6 years in service.

M4 is being replaced by FN-Scar.

Of course, they have to. Haven't I made you acquainted with the issues with carbines.

But FN-SCAR isn't a good weapon. Its specifications aren't good enough. But the reason it is being adopted is: It is simple, flexible, reliable and can be made into a family of weapons such as the family made out of the M-16.

(from-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbine)
By the 1990s, the US had adopted the M4 carbine, a derivative of the M16 family which fired the same 5.56mm cartridge but was lighter and shorter (in overall length and barrel length), resulting in marginally reduced range and power.

Depends on the condition you are using the weapon in and how much you maintain it but yes i would have to agree with you on this though.

Well, it definitely does. Forget the rifle. Take for example your vehicles. You maintain them and run on roads and they would seldom fail and would stick with you for years. Try not maintaining them and run them on off-roads and country areas. They will definitely fail after some time.

Its more of a requirement of common sense than arrogance to understand these small things.

Wrong , the issue with carbine is that it fails to perform as required under extremely hot or cold conditions , dust and sand are its enemies thus it is a weapon that you dont want to carry with you in a war.

These things you have mentioned are the enemies of all rifles. But how the rifle's firing system has been made and where it is used and how it is maintained defines its reliability when working under these harsh conditions.

Source-wikipedia (Carbine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Modern carbines use ammunition ranging from that used in light pistols up to powerful rifle cartridges, with the usual exception of high velocity magnum cartridges. In the more powerful cartridges(anything beyond the regular 9x19mm parabellum), the short barrel of a carbine has significant disadvantages in velocity, and the high residual pressure when the bullet exits the barrel results in substantially greater muzzle blast. Flash suppressors and muzzle brakes are common solutions to this problem, which may ease their acceptance.

Flash suppressors also increase spread and decrease muzzle velocity.

Also check this out. It clearly shows that not just carbines Jam. Larger rifles also do jam. No matter what the reason is.

(Source:-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle)

The Army immediately began to issue the XM16E1 (re-named M16A1 on its adoption) to infantry units but the rifle was initially delivered without adequate cleaning supplies or instructions. When the M16 reached Vietnam with U.S. troops in March 1965, reports of jamming and malfunctions in combat began to surface. Although the M14 featured a chrome-lined barrel and chamber to resist corrosion in combat conditions, neither the bore nor the chamber of the M16/XM16E1 was chrome-lined. Several documented accounts of troops killed by enemy fire with jammed rifles broken-down for cleaning eventually brought a Congressional investigation.

“ We left with 72 men in our platoon and came back with 19, Believe it or not, you know what killed most of us? Our own rifle. Practically every one of our dead was found with his [M16] torn down next to him where he had been trying to fix it.
- Marine Corps Rifleman, Vietnam. ”

The root cause of the jamming issues turned out to be a problem with the powder for the ammunition. In 1964 when the Army was informed that DuPont could not mass-produce the nitrocellulose-based powder to the specifications demanded by the M16, the Olin Mathieson Company provided a high-performance ball propellant of nitrocellulose and nitroglycerin. While the Olin WC 846 powder was capable of firing an M16 5.56 mm round at the desired 3,300 ft. per second, it had the unintended consequence of increasing the automatic rate of fire from 850 to 1000 rounds per minute. This would leave behind dirty residue and making the M16 more likely to jam. The problem was resolved by fitting the M16 with a buffer system, slowing the rate of fire back down to 650 to 850 rounds per minute and outfitting all newly produced M16's with a chrome-plated chamber.

Infact when you opted for Insas you didn't had access to US made arms , you have now and INSAS comes no where close to M-16 family.

Justify your statement. Look bro, M-16 is a good weapon but INSAS doesn't fall behind them. And why should it??????

The only thing that is depressing with INSAS is its length and appearance. And it fails out a bit on rate of fire due to the adoption of the much more reliable firing system of the AK-series.

But it quickly takes the lead when it is about reliabilty and muzzle velocity. It offers the same firing positions as the M-16 does.

INSAS is indeed a mix-and-match of all the best weapons that were there during the time when INSAS was being made. So, well, it a jack of all trades but keeping in mind the diversity of the terrains and situations, its suits our requirement the best.

* i dont want to argue on how good Insas is so keep it off.

Well, what have you got to argue about?????

All, I can see is that you at most would say that it had issues in cold weather during the 1999 Kargil War. But things have been sorted out, now.

We are discussing guns not me so keep me out of discussion.

Doesn't worth replying.

I can't understand what you are trying to say............

In the name of sweet satan how can you guys manage to fire rounds from AK in a city ? Wont you get arrested and put behind bars or something like that ?

All of the guns i or my friends had were Licensed and legal , btw never fired in a city but on a farm house far away from everything.

Firing on celebrations are allowed though in Pakistan and in Saudi arabia.
People do that on Eid , 14 Agu , 6th September etc.

Marcos is probably one of the most secretive Spec ops unit in Indian Armed forces. Nobody knows what they do actually ...there have been words that they are actively involved in CT ops in Kashmir. But no details are released.

would love to know more about them apart from the published articles !

froma credible source,it is secretive but its navy media policy not to disclose much stuff about the MARCOS

But the NSG Upgrade Includes Corner shot as The primary Weapon and the One You mentioned is secondary

Corner shot will never be used as a primary weapon, never.The primary weapon of the NSG will still be the humble MP5.Some guys will be armed with SG553 in the future and others will act ac designated marksman with their SG551 or maybe the SG553's will be used as DMR's.

Indian army specials were offered this weapon. Army refused it. Looks good, but bulky handling. Good for SPG like forces only.

Indian special forces have opted for SIG assault rifles in addition to Tavors, zittara, MSMC. NSG has also ordered a large number of these.

SHOT%20Show%202006%20-%20SIG%20SG556%20Rifle_1%20(small).jpg

That is a SIG 556 not SG553 it's a civilian semi-auto only rifle.

Ak-47 is an alien technology , you talk about the dust i can post a video where a SSGN commando in Mud camo puts his ak in the mud and spreads it all over the place to camouflage it - guess what it works as usual.

I remember on Independence day many years go me and some mates brought "Tracer rounds" for Ak (They produce light that you can see all the way in the sky) and used to fire them in the sky and it seemed like a line of stars - it was spectacular :D

AK's only enemy is water and not using it besides its a great weapon and i love it.
AK's only enemy might be water, still the Israeli Navy commandos use it as their standard weapon ...both SSG and SSGN believe in AK so much that they do not give much consideration to other platforms. Very few likes to use M-4 and AUG ....General Mush tried his best to replace the AK completely with more advanced system but SSG was not ready to give up on AK. He then ordered modification and modernization of AK ....!

Hi, has anyone else seen this vid:? and can anyone tell me what unit this is and does this vid reflect all or most traing imparted to Indian forces?

hey by putting shoe polish on face and raping women one doesnot become commando
11903991_10153290654952663_2337958081169505855_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom