What's new

Indian rust bucket aircraft carrier Viraat without planes.

chaddi ki aukad nahai chale ..........

the author seems only intrested in boosting moral of their nation

Funny, I didn't know the Harriers came under the IAF.I learnt something new today thanks to rupee news.

Harriers have ELTA 2032 RADAR from Israel along with Derby BVR missiles.But the Harriers are one of the most dangerous jets to fly so they'll be gone by 2012(hopefully).
They just got upgraded, i highly doubt they will be out of the service by 2012.

They just got upgraded, i highly doubt they will be out of the service by 2012.

They'll be around as long as the Viraat is in service, they will be retired at same time as their home ship as future IN ACCs already have their air wings which are already arriving, once he Viraat is decommissioned there will be no use for them anymore.

Let our neighbors have their fun for a little while longer cracking jokes about our "rust bucket" Viraat. Because deep down they have the sickening feeling that in a few years, aircraft carriers will be one area where India will unconditionally dominate the entire eastern hemisphere.

The irony of it is that even when these threads pop up every now and then making fun of India's old warships. The PN is eagerly waiting to receive the latest addition to their fleet which happens to be a 30 year old frigate with as much offensive capabilities as a couple of soldiers with rifles floating around on an iceberg.

People in glass houses should not throw stones, especially at people living in stone castles with an odd glass window or two.

some one pls help:
Please visit the kerala corner thread and report the offensive threads by bling bling. I cannot report them as i am from a wap browser

the INS Vikramaditya will have a complete refit 70 per cent of the ship and its equipment will be new and remainder will have been refurbished and india is building 2more aircraft carriers which will be ready by 2020
by 2020 INDIAN NAVY will be
AIRCRAFT CARRIERS
1.INS Vikramaditya
2.vikrant class
3.vikrant class
4. vikrant class(planned but date not yet decided)

SUBMARINES
6 nuclear subs (3 arihant class and 3 more ssbns)
2 akula class nuclear subs
10 kilo class subs
6 Scorpene class subs
6 subs under porject 75
5 midget subs

FRIGATES
6 talwar class
3 Shivalik class
7 Project 17A class frigate
3 Brahmaputra (Type 16A)

DESTROYERS

3 Delhi class destroyers
3 Kolkata (Project 15A)
4 Project 15B

CORVETTES
4 Kora (Type 25A)
7-10 Veer (Tarantul I)
2-3 Abhay (Pauk II)
12 Project 28
8 Project 28A

Forget about 2020....talk about 2012 :azn:

IN in 2012
5 new frigates(Teg,Tarkhash,Trikhand,Satpura,Sahyadri)
2 nuclear subs
1 AC
2 LST's(Large)
1 Fleet Replenishment Tanker's
2 Corvette's.

Add first P-15A INS Kolkata as well. As I said many times, 2012 will be the greatest year for navy in terms of new addition and technologies. IN's capabilities will be five times more powerful than now.

Forget about 2020....talk about 2012 :azn:

Why....Is the Pakistani Navy going to inherit half of the US surface fleet in 2012?? :blink:

2012, 2020 or 2011.....It doesn't make the slightest difference whatsoever. IN will and has always maintained unquestionable quantitative and qualitative superiority over the PN. If you had the slightest sense, you would diplomatically move away from a conversation comparing IN and PN. But some people simply never learn. Let me reiterate just to make it sink in, India stopped considering Pakistan's navy as a threat way back in 1971. Every thing you see going on with the Indian Navy today is directed towards much more deserving adversaries and for fulfilling India's global ambitions .

Well truth be told we are paying too much for Gorshkov and the INS Viraat is an outdated carrier unless the Harriers can be upgraded with the help of the UK. Poor Bharat. Guess we are now vulnerable from the seas. We may as well surrender our nation now before some great seafaring neighbor of ours invades our shores through the seas. Any takers ? :coffee:

dont make me get in canoe and start paddeling to you

P.s my sea navigation is not that good i would appreciate it if u send some smoke signals by using say news papers like times of India and others that right fantasy news about Pakistan which is enjoyed by many Indians and posted here quite often.

Back
Top Bottom