What's new

Indian rust bucket aircraft carrier Viraat without planes.

Since Pakistan can ill afford an Aircraft carrier, thats why we are seeing such Khota rupiya news....

dont make me get in canoe and start paddeling to you

P.s my sea navigation is not that good i would appreciate it if u send some smoke signals by using say news papers like times of India and others that right fantasy news about Pakistan which is enjoyed by many Indians and posted here quite often.

Yaar I would invite you to start paddling right away. I would even light up my entire collection of TOI as a lighthouse to lead you in your exercise. Only problem is that you will end up where I am in ...Botswana instead of your intended destination of India....then all the Pakistani members of PDF will again start ranting and raving about how this is proof of how unreliable TOI is :D

I dont even need to read the entire article......

If Moin Ansari and his rupeenews had an ounce of grey matter, they would have realised that the Navy flies the Harrier jets onboard our current aircraft carrier.....NOT the IAF!!!

To the poster.....For a change maybe visiting some **** sites would be more productive than being an avid reader of RupeeNews...get a life!!!

I do wish in my lifetime that I cross paths with Moin Ansari.....LOL!!!
Just go easy on the new guy,he cant differentiate between credible and BS sources.

Well truth be told we are paying too much for Gorshkov and the INS Viraat is an outdated carrier unless the Harriers can be upgraded with the help of the UK. Poor Bharat. Guess we are now vulnerable from the seas. We may as well surrender our nation now before some great seafaring neighbor of ours invades our shores through the seas. Any takers ?
Well Gorshkov deal costs US$2.35 billion which includes the purchase of 12 single-seat Mikoyan MiG-29K 'Fulcrum-D' (Product 9.41) and 4 dual-seat MiG-29KUB aircraft. The deal is criticized because on comparing with the newly built indigenous AC its very expensive. INS Vikrant (IAC 1) will cost around 3200 crores INR (<700 million $). Otherwise the deal is fine...

As fa as INS Viraat is considered, it is refurbished at CSL. Harriers are upgraded and now the can also fore BVR missiles. Sea King helicopters are also upgraded and IN is also looking for buying new choppers in the category of Sea King as well as Chetak Helos.

i read that IAC-1 can house more jets and heli's than vikramaditya and it costs less.the iac-1 will come out by 2014 hopefully.

yes despite of it's large size it it can't carry jets according to it's size because the basic design of vikrmaditya was as a helicopter carrier.re designing has it's limitations.

^^ I think Gorshkhov is larger than IAC1 ? Shudn't it cost more ?
Yeah its true but look at the cost difference and CAG has objection that IAC1 is also new AC while INS Vikramaditya is a second hand AC. Our P17a and P15b warships will be more expensive than IAC1.

I think russians never saw us as a strategic partner. They tried to fool our military by doling out their AC for free and charging for the refits. Indian babus fell for it.
(offtopic) : India shud bet its cards on AMCA rather than pakfa i wud say. We cant trust none. neither US nor RU.

I think russians never saw us as a strategic partner. They tried to fool our military by doling out their AC for free and charging for the refits. Indian babus fell for it.
(offtopic) : India shud bet its cards on AMCA rather than pakfa i wud say. We cant trust none. neither US nor RU.

The russians have for the past 50 yrs been our reliable partners , the only time they were not able to supply spares was when their country was broken up from the soviet union . understandable as most of the factories fell in other countries . to say they are trying to fool us or that our babus do not see it is a naive comment They, in their position are in a better place to judge then some armchair member of this forum.

What a complete lunacy is this?? INS viraat is to be replaced by INS vikramaditya anytime.... Next INS virat has Sea Harriers , its not running nude.. That Indian Rust bucket is going to be replaced by a Russian and 2 Indian Buckets, with Both Russian and Indian made Aircrafts....

INS viraat is to be replaced by INS vikramaditya anytime....
Atleast not till 2018-19 and might even till 2020 as it is already upgraded for this decade. By 2014-15 India is planning to have 3 carriers. IAC2 is suppose to join by 2017 and a couple of years later Viraat will retire.

Atleast not till 2018-19 and might even till 2020 as it is already upgraded for this decade. By 2014-15 India is planning to have 3 carriers. IAC2 is suppose to join by 2017 and a couple of years later Viraat will retire.

Do you think the govt is loony enough to buy an Aircraft and Upgrade it to present standards to fit in for an Aircraft carrier which will not be Inducted this decade?

^^ I think Viraat has a very bad anti submarine warfare capability. Can some one point out any improvements done to rectify the same ?

Back
Top Bottom