What's new

Indian Ocean Peaceful Geo-Political Pivot Or Contentious Source of Hedging

You sure have a habit of deviating from the topic.

Hope now you know the reality of Operation Dwarka! :cheesy:

This is the list of ongoing projects for the Indian Navy :

1. Admiral Gorshkov / INS Vikramaditya + MiG29K Fighters
2. IAC-1
3. INS Arihant
4. P8I Poseidon submarine killers
5. P15A Frigates
6. P17A Destroyers
7. Fast Attack Crafts
8. Talwar Class Frigates
9. Fleet Tankers
10. Scorpene subs

:yahoo:

Not to mention the integration of Brahmos / Barak systems.

You would very well see the new-look Indian Navy in a few years .... just wait and watch ! :azn:

I don't know who to believe - The Indian Government Comptroller or Night_Raven. I am sure the Indian Government Comptroller would have known of the things that you have mentioned here, when they made the statement about Indian Navy's dismal capability by 2012. So please keep adding and make believing, but people at large would tend to believe the official statement.

I don't know who to believe - The Indian Government Comptroller or Night_Raven. I am sure the Indian Government Comptroller would have known of the things that you have mentioned here, when they made the statement about Indian Navy's dismal capability by 2012. So please keep adding and make believing, but people at large would tend to believe the official statement.

Ho... don’t bother, this is a way to pressure the government to allocate more to the Indian Navy. All the three forces wants a major share in the $ 41 billion defence budget pie.

Sir , these are not make-believe projects.

Indian Navy modernization plan has kicked off recently and it will take time to mature and for the above force multipliers to come into service.

Lots of planning , money and effort has to be channelized into developing , integrating and testing such systems , and it takes time. ( How would Pakistan know , right ? )

CAG's report of IN's strength by 2012 is of course a cause for concern , I am not denying that.

Btw Indian Navy's "dismal" capacity by 2012 far outweighs what Pakistan's Navy has or even can dream of having in the future.

Let us remain in our make-believe world, you remain in yours ! Take care.

Ho... don’t bother, this is a way to pressure the government to allocate more to the Indian Navy. All the three forces wants a major share in the $ 41 billion defence budget pie.

Ha ha ha ha ............... Normally the users (navy, army, air force etc) do this kind of jiggery-pockery. Saying that the Government Comptroller would do this is silly? You have no idea what you are talking about.

Sir , these are not make-believe projects.

Indian Navy modernization plan has kicked off recently and it will take time to mature and for the above force multipliers to come into service.

Lots of planning , money and effort has to be channelized into developing , integrating and testing such systems , and it takes time. ( How would Pakistan know , right ? )

CAG's report of IN's strength by 2012 is of course a cause for concern , I am not denying that.

Btw Indian Navy's "dismal" capacity by 2012 far outweighs what Pakistan's Navy has or even can dream of having in the future.

Let us remain in our make-believe world, you remain in yours ! Take care.

The factual position of 2012 is stated, and that is what I referred to. If you are talking beyond that, then it may be different. However, it would take a long long time to reach there from the state of 2012 to a worthwhile environment. Any professional would confirm that.

As far as Pakistan Navy is concerned, yes it is comparatively small navy, which is backed up by a credible nuclear deterrent. This makes it a credible force to reckon with.

So you can continue make believing :)

Ha ha ha ha ............... Normally the users (navy, army, air force etc) do this kind of juggery-pockery. Saying that the Government Comptroller would do this is silly? You have no idea what you are talking about.

So what is Government Comptroller saying? Indian Navy is useless and you believe!, then I say you have no idea what you are talking about.

How gullible you Pakistanis are

So what is Government Comptroller saying? Indian Navy is useless and you believe!, then I say you have no idea what you are talking about.

How gullible you Pakistanis are

I will repost what some one earlier posted here .......... you can see and then comment.

A recent report by the Indian comptroller and auditor general states that by 2012, the Navy may retain only 61, 44 and 20% of the envisaged force levels of frigates, destroyers and Corvettes respectively. And that there will be further delays. Only 48 per cent of India's submarine fleet is available for waging war.

Don't get angry for being silly.

The factual position of 2012 is stated, and that is what I referred to. If you are talking beyond that, then it may be different. However, it would take a long long time to reach there from the state of 2012 to a worthwhile environment. Any professional would confirm that.

As far as Pakistan Navy is concerned, yes it is comparatively small navy, which is backed up by a credible nuclear deterrent. This makes it a credible force to reckon with.

So you can continue make believing :)

Hmm.. credible indeed :

Pak Navy official confirms al Qaeda

Oh my ............ I didn't want to do this. But remember Col Parohit killing Indians and Pakistani Muslims in India and many of his likes still serving in Indian Army. Remember Indian Army killing Kashmiris in Indian Occupied Kashmir to gain medals, rewards and promotions. One can go on in response to your statements without even quoting the links.

Let's not start this and stick to main topic. Thank you.

Oh my ............ I didn't want to do this. But remember Col Parohit killing Indians and Pakistani Muslims in India and many of his likes still serving in Indian Army. Remember Indian Army killing Kashmiris in Indian Occupied Kashmir to gain medals, rewards and promotions. One can go on in response to your statements without even quoting the links.

Let's not start this and stick to main topic. Thank you.

But you don't see colonels running amuck with radical organizations and the civil war state that your financial capital Karachi is in right now, isn't it? Rather than cherry picking, you could actually acknowledge and try to better your own positions. What drove the Chinese up? Every taunt that US made against them, they took it seriously and worked on it and today US has very little to say about China. Since you appreciate Chinese so much, you could as well take this idea and move forward to change the whole system of your country.

Your cities are in the state of a civil war.. just check the other thread if you want to deny my words. Your fellow Pakistanis are talking about it.

@Tshering22
Don't attempt to hijack the thread by talking about stuff which has no relevance to the topic.

@Tinu and Jinx1

Read the article again, the large amounts of trade and India being the most powerful country in the Indian Ocean, it becomes its responsibility to police the shipping lanes. This is only natural. The south Indian Cholas had a vast empire around the Bay of Bengal region in the middle ages. Even Allama Iqbal in his 1930 address mentioned the importance of India having a strong navy to deter foreign aggressors as the British and other European nations took a sea route to colonise India. So India will eventually have the strongest Navy in the Indian Ocean rim countries. Being the largest by population and GDP, it is only natural.

Pakistan and China should be worried only if they want to create problems for India or start a war with it. India has already declared that it will be open shipping lanes meaning there will be no blocking of lanes.

@Tinu and Jinx1

Read the article again, the large amounts of trade and India being the most powerful country in the Indian Ocean, it becomes its responsibility to police the shipping lanes. This is only natural. The south Indian Cholas had a vast empire around the Bay of Bengal region in the middle ages. Even Allama Iqbal in his 1930 address mentioned the importance of India having a strong navy to deter foreign aggressors as the British and other European nations took a sea route to colonise India. So India will eventually have the strongest Navy in the Indian Ocean rim countries. Being the largest by population and GDP, it is only natural.

Pakistan and China should be worried only if they want to create problems for India or start a war with it. India has already declared that it will be open shipping lanes meaning there will be no blocking of lanes.

Its actually India that should be worried, because Pakistan and China can easily counter India, and Pakistan can easily give China access to the Arabian Sea to threaten Indian shipping lanes. China also and probably will arm Pakistan with it's best technology to challenge Indian hegemony.
And you know what is the best part about everything, India really doesn't have a counterweight to a Pakistan-China strategy.

Back
Top Bottom