SSNs and SSBNs are separate issue.

As for ACCs we need 7-8 we need

- 2 for pak (Karachi, Gwadar)

- 1 for gulf route

- 1 for African route

- 2 for south china sea

- 1 for bay of bengal

- 1 for australia/maldive area

If u don't agree for one of the above options/requirements then keep in mind we need 1-2 extra so that above capacity can me made available in case of 1-2 is in maintenance or get destroyed.

2. 80,000 tonne is too much it will add to cost both in building it and managing it then also it will be a bigger target for carrier killer we need medium size 50,000-60,000 tonne sleek and fast.

there is a swimming pool near my house. Let IN put an aircraft carrier there too. :tup:

SSNs and SSBNs are separate issue.

As for ACCs we need 7-8 we need

- 2 for pak (Karachi, Gwadar)

- 1 for gulf route

- 1 for African route

- 2 for south china sea

- 1 for bay of bengal

- 1 for australia/maldive area

If u don't agree for one of the above options/requirements then keep in mind we need 1-2 extra so that above capacity can me made available in case of 1-2 is in maintenance or get destroyed.

2. 80,000 tonne is too much it will add to cost both in building it and managing it then also it will be a bigger target for carrier killer we need medium size 50,000-60,000 tonne sleek and fast.

bhaiye kewal a/c se kya hoga we need to build supported ship & submarine also. u did here the word CBG. if our shipyard build ship like shivalik or kolkota class in 8-9yr did you think we can make 8 CBG. is it possible and please calculate what amt. we need and how many yr it will take....

Yeh kya be ? Tu toh aise bol raha hai ki jaise ACCs ki kheti hai hum logon ke gharon ke peeche :D

4 ACCs will be more than what INDIA can/will afford till 2025. After that maybe we can go for an increase or redesign it depending on geopolitical aspirations.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

The P-8Is don't supplement. They stright away go for the kill :)

supplement in this case means they will work side by side of the Tu142 mate.:)

Mig 29K : 45{already ordered}
N Tejas : 50{Expected}
NMRCA : 40-50{Most Probably RafaleM}

So i think the total Number of combat jet in Naval Air Arm will be around 150...

I am against any more foreign acquisitions for our carriers. Since 45 Ks with 10 Tejas would suffice for Vikramaditya and Vikrant. If at all we need more jets, we need it for the planned 70,000 tonne INS Vishal or IAC2. And by the time that is complete, we might as well have N-PAKFAs on it or even consider a N-AMCA variant for it.

About time we stop buying from outside at this point as these developments would not take less than 15 years from today, by which we should be actively inducting PAK FAs and AMCAs.

Its gonna be Legen.....
wait for it
dary

Its gonna be LEGENDARY

HAHAHAHAHA-BARNEY!!!

Its not on offer to india after india refused f-16-18:
F-16, F-18 unbeatable, no F-35 offer for India: US - India News - IBNLive

And each f-35 costs above 200 million$ without spares or anythin else... 40 would cost over 10billions...easily.

Also link to the news~
No friend, it is defiently available to IN should they wish to go down that road. The fact is with a single purchase the IN could become one of the largest single operators of the a/c in one go- not something LM are stupid enough to turn down. They are letting Italy by 3 FFS!! The IAF MMRCA and N-MMRCA are pretty mutually exclusive (obviously there will be some interest that IAF has gone for Rafale and there is already a fully developed naval version of this platform) but it will really come down to IN's choice and more than likely they will be looking for 5th gen platform.

At last the navy has started to enter the area of dominance rather than deterrence. good going Indian Navy..........

Which is simple, since there is no enemy around! PLAN is a mid to long term threat and that's what we prepare for now, but otherwise there is no navy that could compete IN. IAF and IA instead has already very credible or even superior opponents, which makes deterrence to their priority.

The US has offered Northrop Grumman's advance E-2D Hawkey shipboard aircraft for battle management but that is where it stands. There is no "Yes" or "No" from the Indian Navy.....go for it indian navy

There is no decision, because it they could be used only on IAC 2 and as long as the design of the carrier is not fixed, you can't buy these aircrafts.

Its not on offer to india after india refused f-16-18:

Not on offer in MMRCA, but offered by LM in N-MMRCA, since that will not be a licence production.

So i think the total Number of combat jet in Naval Air Arm will be around 150...

Even more I guess. The Gorshkov and IAC 1 will operate only 20 - 30 fighters each, while additional fighters will form reserve or training squads. IAC 2 will be way bigger and will operate around 40 fighters + reserve and training fighters again and a possible IAC 3 in the same class and we easily would be above 200 combat fighters.
I still say that IN should get control of the shore based maritime attack fighter sqauds too, but IAF will not allow it and with their focus on multi role capability, they might move away from dedicated squads and will give MKI with Brahmos and Rafale with Exocet or Sclap this role too.

Not on offer in MMRCA, but offered by LM in N-MMRCA, since that will not be a licence production.
Okay, Now this is really beginning to bug me.
When Was the N-MMRCA competition announced, When did they float the tender for it, Why isn't being announced by the Navy, Why is there no new thread for it????

When Was the N-MMRCA competition announced, When did they float the tender for it, Why isn't being announced by the Navy, Why is there no new thread for it????

It may be noted however that various aircraft manufacturers, US Boeing (F/A 18 Super Hornet) and Lockheed Martin (F 35 JSF), French Dassault (Rafale) and Swedish Saab (Sea Gripen) have made presentations to the Navy.

At present, only the Boeing F/A 18 and Rafale operate from aircraft carriers while the JSF, the futuristic 5th Generation aircraft under development has demonstrated the capability to land and take off from ships in flight trials. There is also the naval version of the India’s Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) being developed by HAL.

There is only 3 options available, besides the indigenous NLCA.

New Delhi, Nov 22 (2009) (IANS) The Indian Navy has floated a Request for Information (RFI) for a newer generation of aircraft which can operate from the two indigenous aircraft carriers it will commission over the next 10 years...

Indian Navy keen to buy newer generation aircraft - Thaindian News

INs is evaluating the optionsa and not really fighters so far, because the options also decides what kind of design/deck layout IAC 2 will have. They want a CATOBAR carrier, but it's not clear if catapults will be available, if not other fighters might be interesting too.
The RFI was send out to:

Dassault - Rafale M
Boeing - F18SH
LM - F35C
Mikoyan - Mig 29K (most likely a further upgraded version)
EF consortium - Naval EF

Later Saab asked to join and send informations of their naval Gripen too, which IN allowed.

Other options are a naval version of the Pak Fa / FGFA, that the Russians wants too, or AMCA, but both would be late and therefor a proven fighter might be added earlier, just like Mig 29K was added before N-LCA.

Number of Tejas Actually confirmed are only 22 ( 16 Single Seat + 6 Twin seaters )

Acc to Admiral Nirmal Verma , the next fighter purchase of the Navy will be the Last Purchase for atleast 20 yrs , with the next purchase being Naval AMCA in 2030s to replace Mig29K/Kubs and N LCA

So in the next 10 yrs we should only look at 100-110 Fighters and 3 Carriers ie Vikramaditya , Vikrant II and IAC2

there were reports we leased 4 of them . but never been confirmed.

It will never be confirmed as well

You dont go ahead and announce that you have Bombers capable of carrying 17000 Kgs of ordinance including 285 Km range Kh-135 Missiles , and having a range of 7000 Km

Bl[i]tZ;2587583 said:
Guys, I don't think we can afford any more than 3 - (planned right now) and at max 4 (even if it is sanctioned, it'll not be before 2025) Aircraft Carriers.

As for guys suggesting we need a dedicated aircraft carrier for each of the ports. The distance between Gwadar and Karachi is less that 600 kms (Pakistan's one disadvantage is that it has no width). An aircraft carrier somewhere in the Arabian Sea can easily stand 600 kms from either of the ports simultaneously. These are not your PORT OF CALLs, you've to deliver your strike package using Mi29K fighters, that's pretty much your mission. You won't be in the range of any surface based anti-ship missiles at such distance and you'd have to tackle the ships/submarines anyway.

map-pakistan.jpg
its not 1971 its 21 century
its my promise to u if you try to block us we will immerse into Arabian sea

Other options are a naval version of the Pak Fa / FGFA, that the Russians wants too, or AMCA, but both would be late and therefor a proven fighter might be added earlier, just like Mig 29K was added before N-LCA.

Pray tell me which of these are proven fighters? None. Except F/A-18s (against lightly armed middle eastern armies and a Serbia without proper Air force) and F-16s (the same, barring Israeli usage).

IN is not having the financial might of IAF and cannot afford so much diversity. We either stick to Mig-29K Mark 2 or something, OR we should go for Naval PAK FA/AMCA.

Another external option would make IN also another zoo like IAF.

Back
Top Bottom