SSNs and SSBNs are separate issue.

As for ACCs we need 7-8 we need

- 2 for pak (Karachi, Gwadar)

- 1 for gulf route

- 1 for African route

- 2 for south china sea

- 1 for bay of bengal

- 1 for australia/maldive area

If u don't agree for one of the above options/requirements then keep in mind we need 1-2 extra so that above capacity can me made available in case of 1-2 is in maintenance or get destroyed.

2. 80,000 tonne is too much it will add to cost both in building it and managing it then also it will be a bigger target for carrier killer we need medium size 50,000-60,000 tonne sleek and fast.
Bhai sirf Aircraft Carrier hi nhi chahiye hota....you need a whole Carrier Strike Group and SSBN,SSN is part of that.....and BTW Bhai Carrier koi Bhel pudi nhi hoti jo hum 7 plate khale....Each Strike Group cost atleast 10 Billion $ and this doesn't even include operating cost....

Genius as per IN and GoI they are not our area of interest.

Le me explain u why i have mentioned that nos.:

- 2 for pak (Karachi, Gwadar) = Its obvious to attack pakistan and sea denial.

- 1 for gulf route = To cut off any help from gulf or US of A (if in future USA align with pak as we can't predict future we should be prepared for the worst)

- 1 for African route (to cut off this route or help USA etc.)

- 2 for south china sea (to cut off help from china)

- 1 for bay of bengal (To secure it)

- 1 for australia/maldive area (to cut off strings of pearls and to secure from any help from Australia/US of A)

dont over rate the threat prospective. IMO 4 ACC are more than sufficient for IN.
1 each in Arebian sea & Bay of Bangal, 1 on visiting or stationed at area of strategic interest for GOI and 1 at maintenence.
for Karachi & Gadwar 1 ACC with few potent ASW units & 4 good submarians is suffisient.
also we dont wish to engage anybody in SCS, it will prove to be a desaster for IN, if they are planing for it.

3 Aircraft carrier are to less as we need at least 5 so that 3-4 are available all time.

But to fully secure our interests from Singapore to Somalia and to dominate we need 7-8 Aircraft carriers if we also keep the so called carrier killer missile in mind.

Oh bhai, to the best of my knowledge, an Aircraft Carrier doesn't travel alone but rather in a group of well armed ships of all sorts of mission specifications, all of which means its going to cost a s**t load of money. I believe that acquiring and then maintaining a single carrier group would cost billions of dollars never mind 7-8. Consequently, I would think that a well armed Carrier Group should be more than sufficient for dealing with Pakistan, one to be postured in defense and one in the docks for repair or maintenance - 3 should be fine...no ?

Guys, I don't think we can afford any more than 3 - (planned right now) and at max 4 (even if it is sanctioned, it'll not be before 2025) Aircraft Carriers.

As for guys suggesting we need a dedicated aircraft carrier for each of the ports. The distance between Gwadar and Karachi is less that 600 kms (Pakistan's one disadvantage is that it has no width). An aircraft carrier somewhere in the Arabian Sea can easily stand 600 kms from either of the ports simultaneously. These are not your PORT OF CALLs, you've to deliver your strike package using Mi29K fighters, that's pretty much your mission. You won't be in the range of any surface based anti-ship missiles at such distance and you'd have to tackle the ships/submarines anyway.

map-pakistan.jpg

With 500 Aircrafts, the IN will have more aircrafts than Australia's entire airforce :smitten:

- 1 for gulf route = To cut off any help from gulf or US of A (if in future USA align with pak as we can't predict future we should be prepared for the worst)

- 1 for australia/maldive area (to cut off strings of pearls and to secure from any help from Australia/US of A)

Man don't get angry over me.. It's not practical for us to maintain this kind of AC inventory even if we forget those carrier battle strike groups..we don't have that kind of budget money to play around and not in the near future also. we can afford 3 BSG or max 4 (if Navy budget overshoot coming decades).

On Antartica - Yes this would be a future conflict region bcz of huge oil an other unearthed reserves. we should get ready on that due to sheer size of growing economy and population.

Rgds,

whats the roll of tu 142 ..

Quoting from Indian Navy's website -

Type: - Long Range Maritime Recce & anti-submarine warfare (ASW) Squadron

Role: - It undertakes all weather Maritime Reconnaissance & anti-submarine warfare (ASW) missions.

We've eight of these.

The 12 P-8I Neptune sub hunters ($2.1 billion contract) will supplement them.

Yeh kya be ? Tu toh aise bol raha hai ki jaise ACCs ki kheti hai hum logon ke gharon ke peeche :D

4 ACCs will be more than what INDIA can/will afford till 2025. After that maybe we can go for an increase or redesign it depending on geopolitical aspirations.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Bl[i]tZ;2587686 said:
Quoting from Indian Navy's website -

Type: - Long Range Maritime Recce & anti-submarine warfare (ASW) Squadron

Role: - It undertakes all weather Maritime Reconnaissance & anti-submarine warfare (ASW) missions.

We've eight of these.

The 12 P-8I Neptune sub hunters ($2.1 billion contract) will supplement them.

The P-8Is don't supplement. They stright away go for the kill :)

They were upgraded last year so that they remain in service well after 2020.
Beriev Aircraft announced on December 5 that it has completed a major overhaul of the last of the Indian Air Force's eight Tu-142ME Bear-F long-range anti-submarine warfare aircraft. In additional to maintenance work, the aircraft have undergone a service life extension programme, including some equipment upgrading, which should see them remain in service until 2020.
The final aircraft, IN312, has now completed all necessary flight-testing after completion of the work and was formally delivered back to the Indian Navy at Beriev's facility in Taganrog. It was then flown back to India to rejoin Indian Naval Air Squadron 312 'Albatross' at Indian Naval Station Rajali, Arrakonam, which opereates all of the Indian Navy's Tu-142ME fleet.

Last Indian Navy Tu-142ME Overhaul Completed: key.Aero, Military Aviation

Back
Top Bottom