What's new

Indian Navy in talks with france for 2 mistral Class LHD Ships

Lets come to the topic these ships efinately be used with sea hawks but which attack helo india buy for them apaches i dont think would be wisse choice but KA 52 may be the choice what u guys think

May be india will use them for ASW role becoz ndia may ask to convert tank cargo bay to convert that space to house mmore helos with these 35 helos can be housed in single ship this will make hell for our subs

This makes no sense - surely India would not buy this class of ship - but design and build herself - given that she can now build destroyers and Aircraft carriers

Does seem to go against the "make in india" for something that they have the capability to build...

(corrections above).

Last edited:
These helos will definately cover more area remember helis will make our subs job difficult their focus will be on hidding than destroying. Ships
This makes no sense - surely India would buy this class of ship - and design and build herself - given that she can now build destroyers and Aircraft carriers

Does seem to go against the "make in india" for something that they have the capability to build...
Making a lpd is difficult remember rusia is giant in ship building but yet it has to order them from for lack of expertise in this

This makes no sense - surely India would buy this class of ship - and design and build herself - given that she can now build destroyers and Aircraft carriers

Defintely since india enjoys relations of military nature with india

And since france had australian sub deal loose they will do anything to sell india to cover some part of that ecnomics loss

Perhaps all the shipyards are fully booked. India has a very limited number of shipyards capable of handling such projects.

Perhaps all the shipyards are fully booked. India has a very limited number of shipyards capable of handling such projects.

Then extend the existing facilities or create new ones like China is doing ? Right ? Everyone one in the world is right now building more military ships and not less - so i can only see India wanting more over time ?

Odd - i dont think this news is correct imho and would prefer a source that is reference checked like Janes, otherwise it is fake news to me..

Then extend the existing facilities or create new ones like China is doing ? Right ? Everyone one in the world is right now building more military ships and not less - so i can only see India wanting more over time ?

Odd - i dont think this news is correct imho and would prefer a source that is reference checked like Janes, otherwise it is fake news to me..
Bro everything through janes dont mean other news is wrong

This guy has some links in moscow i know him personaly he meet with me in defence exhibition in pak and airshow in dubai he has some links with indian defence attaches in moscow

India has good relation with france and india have issued tender for buying these ships mistral suits them they can even use russsian helos this freedom of weaponry of their liking suits them

They have also bought usa made lpd ship so definatelyit make sense
Guys sources is reliable he worked in russian RT channel for 3 yrs i learned alot from him i bellieve him
Guys sources is reliable he worked in russian RT channel for 3 yrs i learned alot from him i bellieve him

Fake news I hope.

Why buy such a ship when we already make carriers, destroyers, frigates, subs... and another 100 Rafales is basically confirmed, this makes no sense.

@Super Falcon bro PN can handle these ships by buying STM 540 ton class SWAT Submarines.These subs are small,AIP equipped so will not appear on sonar while remaining hidden in water thus can do the serious damage to these warships.

Other option is to destroy these ships by anti ship missiles.
As we have AIP submarines,they will not surface for long time and will remain deep in water for long time.If they will remain deep in water,how will helos detect them?

But surely these ships are threat for our non AIP submarines (Agosta).
But again we can use them near our warships in defencive role.

Back
Top Bottom