What's new

Indian Navy Aircraft Carriers and Ships

I saw Chinese Aircraft Carrier pictures looks extremely bigger as compare to Indian AC.

Yes ......Vikramadithya is a 45000+ ton carrier while Varyag is a 65000+ ton ship ....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Can someone please tell me how much for the combined cost of the refit and all the aircraft purchased to go onboard?

Well I have done some research and it seems that India paid 2.35 billion dollars for the refit.

Probably around 1 billion extra for the aircraft onboard.

Decent price for what India is getting.

Well I have done some research and it seems that India paid 2.35 billion dollars for the refit.

Costs increased during the years, just like the planned induction timing was much delayed. At the end the cost, nor the timeline was worth it anymore, but it was too late to bag out.
It will carry:

- Mig 29K & KUBs
- Ka 28
- Ka 31

for sure, possible are Sea King helis (or it's replacements) and N-LCA later as well.

At the end INS Vikramaditya and IAC 1 should have a similar airwing for common operational capabilities and ease logistics, only the numbers will differ due to the size differences of both carriers.

$ 2.35 billion is the total amount for the refit + original contract for mig 29k, etc. 1 billion is for the additional 29 mig 29k's which were ordered afterwards.

For what India is paying it is getting a good deal as the AC is now around 80% new, with life of around 30 years, it will carry around 24 mig's with some 6-7 helis on it, no doubt if we remove the AC's of the US in the region, Vikramaditya with displacement of over 45k & it's mini air force will be the King of the Indian Ocean :tup:

it's mig 29k's, the pic is of mig 29k trials on INS vikramaditya.
Its definitely not Mig 29, it doesnt have canrads and not of such a large wing area...its a Sukhoi-27 I guess, and it would be kutzenove AC

Its definitely not Mig 29, it doesnt have canrads and not of such a large wing area...its a Sukhoi-27 I guess, and it would be kutzenove AC

it is su-33, pls see the post 234 for explanation.

The flying deck size of our carrier is much bigger than Vikramaditya. China is ways one step ahead of India. We overhaul and rebuild the whole carrier, but you got great dosa making machine on yours. Congrats, bravo!

The flying deck size of our carrier is much bigger than Vikramaditya. China is ways one step ahead of India. We overhaul and rebuild the whole carrier, but you got great dosa making machine on yours. Congrats, bravo!

lol low life troll...... just go back to your mighty mega ton frat threads....

Yes , you buy a half-completed AC by fraudulent means by lying through your noses and then blow the trumpet about being bigger , better with no previous experience of operating an AC / CBG in your entire history.

Congrats , bravo to you !

Back
Top Bottom