What's new

Indian celebs on billboards

Srinivas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Indian celebs on billboards

From soap to sodas, fashion to food and water to watches, Indian stars have made their way to our billboards and it seems are here to stay. To see Indian stars on our billboards is perhaps the biggest bone of contention for local artists but truth be told, it’s the public demand that urges corporations to bring them in. Simply put, Bollywood stars outweigh local artists in popularity.

The other angle is economic. Believe it or not, industry insiders bemoan the fact that a reputed Pakistani playback singer will charge three times as much as a Shreya Ghosal, for example, to record a single jingle.

Also, most multinational campaigns featuring Indian celebrities are not financed here, which saves them the hassle (and budget) of shooting a campaign with a local celebrity.

The rage as summer swings in, of course, is the lawn hysteria and the celebrity endorsements that come with it. Deepika Padukone and Kareena Kapoor have modeled for Firdous, Sushmita Sen and Karisma Kapoor for Crescent and this year we see Nargis Fakhri for Elan and Priyanka Chopra for Ittehad (Fahad Hussayn).

“We worked with Aamina Sheikh last year but have shot this year’s campaign with Nargis Fakhri,” says Khadijah Shah of Elan, one designer who’s using an Indian celebrity in her campaign.

“We would have loved working with Aamina again but she was part of Kamal Lawn and since we’re collaborating with another mill this year, we couldn’t use the same face. Kamal will be working with Aamina. Honestly speaking, I’m not a Bollywood fan but there are very few people who can represent our brand in Pakistan. The options are very limited. We almost hired Mahira, who would have been perfect, but that didn’t work out. Then we made a conscious decision to use Nargis Fakhri because she is recognised here and in India, where we will be exporting. Simply put, she has wider appeal.”

It’s a no brainer: Indian stars in lawn campaigns guarantee maximum impact. The best way to attract the average housewife is to pitch her favourite celebrity to her. How many women would buy lawn that featured Veena Malik, Reema or Meera? — AHI

Indian celebs on billboards | DAWN.COM

@Spring Onion :omghaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cultural invasion ..? anyone..? :lol:

Simple business.... Nothing to be happy or, sad about...

Hypocrisy at its best, keep it up :tup:

What hypocrisy? Your actresses are doing photo shoots for our clothes for the indian edition and Pakistani models for pakistani edition.

Cultural invasion ..? anyone..? :lol:

Don't see how it's 'Cultural invasion', they are wearing pakistani dresses.
625577_576032479108501_296353167_n.jpg

734538_576030845775331_1642817834_n.jpg

23389_571637402881342_2016142214_n.jpg

1900_468272056572402_1902066083_n.jpg

733752_468272306572377_1679912070_n.jpg

What hypocrisy? Your actresses are doing photo shoots for our clothes for the indian edition and Pakistani models for pakistani edition.

Supply and demand... the simplest rule ever.

Believe me, there would not be ANYTHING from India (movies, music, fashion etc) if there would not be enough people who are crazy about it. Pakistan is a good and lucrative market for our entertainment industry.

Again, no one would waste his money in Pakistan, if no one wouldn`t want it.

Yeh in reverse ;) Indian models in Pakistani attire :P

Whats there of hypocrisy ?

Indians had been hired for Pakistani products' advertisment whats there of hypocrisy?

Pakistani products.....???

Believe me, there would not be ANYTHING from India (movies, music, fashion etc) if there would not be enough people who are crazy about it. Pakistan is a good and lucrative market for our entertainment industry.

These are Pakistani dresses ?

I am sorry but women in North India and even in Mumbai have been wearing this since times immemorial when they are not wearing saris or jeans.I believe this is more like a shared North Indian-Pak attire.

Going crazy , literally

These are Pakistani dresses ? I am sorry but women in North India and even in Mumbai have been wearing this since times immemorial when they are not wearing saris or jeans.I believe this is more like a shared North Indian-Pak attire.Going crazy , literally
Dil bahalaane ke liye, Gaalib khayal acha hai.

Check any Pakistani channel you will see advertisements of Indian stars.

I am sorry but women in North India and even in Mumbai have been wearing this since times immemorial when they are not wearing saris or jeans.I believe this is more like a shared North Indian-Pak attire.

Going crazy , literally

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) :lol: :lol: :lol:

whatever way your boat sails.

The reality is that Pakistani advertisers are giving jobs to Indian models ;) for displaying Pakistani products.

Its pure business and i dont think so has anything to do with cultural invasion after all we are not going to wear dhotis but buy the LAWN and stich it the way we want.

oh by the way the designerware is also of Pakistani label

[B

You have any doubt about the fact that Indians models are hired for publicity of Pakistani products?

The reality is that Pakistani advertisers are giving jobs to Indian models ;) for displaying Pakistani products.

Its pure business and i dont think so has anything to do with cultural invasion after all we are not going to wear dhotis but buy the LAWN and stich it the way we want.

It's your news channels that keep crying cribbing about how India is dominating and taking over your culture. This term - Indian cultural invasion - saqafati yalgaar is all too common in your media.

:lol: @ Indian actresses getting jobs part. They are making more than enough money in India and from their NRI audieince abroad. This is just extra pocket money ;)

lawn exists only on this side of the border.

another identity crisis:rofl::rofl:.... Those are Indian wear before pakistan birth....

You have any doubt about the fact that Indians models are hired for publicity of Pakistani products?

Reality is different!!!

You guys use indian models or actress to display your products or advertise it.
Even for item song here,same actress gets 2-3 crores :).So if you think they need job then :omghaha:

2-3 crore in PR means 4-6 crores.

and i know 2-3 crore is not even the budget of your movies or advertisements.They are hired coz they are famous in pakistan or people see them or like them.

Back
Top Bottom