What's new

India to build second aircraft carrier

wow India is going on a shopping spree here. Congrats....

I Think it is indian navy's Ship designing team which designed it and not the shipyard. CSL is one of the best shipyards in terms of attaining timely handover. Delays which affected IAC are mainly attributed to Steel and some newly designed subsytems and their mating. If the subsytems are going to be the same and major issues do not happen then we defenitely can see IAC-2 on time. CSL is committed to its customers and thats the main reason IAC 1 was taken out of the shipyard to build other ships which it was committed to.

Since it is modular construction most of the blocks should be under construction and shouldn't take too much time to finish

Ok,I thought it was designed by CSL.

cvh-550-cavour2a.png

Maximize it and see the Italian Job... :)

It won't look anything like that.

INS-Vikrant.jpg

indigenousaircraftcarri.jpg

indigenousaircraftcarri.jpg

It's going to look stunning..

Its years of carefull planning by navy that its slowly bearing now results in the form of new inductions and blue water aspirations:azn:

Its years of carefull planning by navy that its slowly bearing now results in the form of new inductions and blue water aspirations:azn:

Verma said Navy’s induction programme was structured in such a way that every year over the next 5 years, as many as five ships and submarines would be inducted if shipyards deliver the platforms on contract schedule.

these are very important lines, i have been hearing them again & again, can any one elaborate as to how IN is planning to induct 5 or more ships over the next few years, also will than the induction rate decline (after 5 years).

I beg to differ, India should Go for Steam catapult. EMALS will turn the project into Kavery engine... EMALS is latest technology, still there is no operational carrier with EMALS...

Go for steam catapult or ramp....

Two to three years from now and there will be an aircraft carrier equipped with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4F_JcFZSU4

Why dont we convert INS Viraat to a Heli carrier after it gets decommisioned? Anyone?

We have seen HMS Hermes and 2 other carriers operating as commando or Helicopter carriers.

1. We dont have a dedicated Heli carrier.

2. It will enhance our amphibious assault capabilities.

INS Viraat is 53 year old ship and it will serve for next few more years , i don't think it can carry on for a decade more .

Why dont we convert INS Viraat to a Heli carrier after it gets decommisioned? Anyone?

We have seen HMS Hermes and 2 other carriers operating as commando or Helicopter carriers.

1. We dont have a dedicated Heli carrier.

2. It will enhance our amphibious assault capabilities.

i think india must make a carrier which launches icbm

say we can carry 20 agni 5 missles in anemy waters

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom