What's new

India, Saudi Arabia to forge strong defence ties

hmmm ...yes...When you are going to come out from denial world...???

Okay you've termed it as "denyel" but there will be some reasons which would've made you conclude that. What for example is against the facts and sensible analysis?

The Indian Army's High-altitdue Warfare School (HAWS) and Siachin Battle School (SBS) are lauded internationally as world-class mountain warfare schools that have trained troops from all over the world including SFs of US, UK, France, Russia, France etc. The IA maintains, arguably, one of the finest mountain fighting wings in the world. So, yes, there is a reason that SA has shown interest in this.

And this is what Pakistan has. http://www.pakistanarmy.gov.pk/AWPReview/TextContent.aspx?pId=287&rnd=491
When Saudis are getting training for many areas in Pakistan, what "training gap" can you identify which they don't fulfilled in Pakistan? No disrespect but Indian media is unreliable and balloony. I don't see any need nor there is a strategic shift in Saudi policies which may make them train their personals in India.

Good devlopment but we should wait till we have a concrete news,

The relationship will be deeper as the time grows. And India will not allow any interference on its fundamentals like freedom, secularism and liberal thinking. India have no place for wahabi mentality.

The above news have some very good news:

1.) Indian Army training Saudi Arabian Army :partay: :tup:
2.) Military Joint ventures and hardware sales :angel:
3.) Saudi Arabia investing billions of dollars in India's infrastructure.
:yahoo:

@salman108 @Peaceful Civilian @Pakistanisage @Zarvan @graphican @cb4

Your views plz.

There is no hope you'd behave the same gender as your name suggests. You are a Hindu-stani and will remain as such.

1. Training:
Sure keep training, with what ? and about what ?
Mess routines ?

2. Sales :
Sure if you think so ..

3. Investment :
That is called Saudi Business Model, they invest to make a profit !

Saudis will do anything ; Hindu-stan will be pimped to divorce Iran and lay off Syria.

Now, at this moment in time, I want you to open comments some couple of years ago regarding the Indian stance, and tell me how that is changed regarding Iranian fuel purchase, Syria, etc.

since you are fist down in blowing your own horn,... how about going through Saudi stance on Kashmir.

1. Training:
Sure keep training, with what ? and about what ?
Mess routines ?

2. Sales :
Sure if you think so ..

3. Investment :
That is called Saudi Business Model, they invest to make a profit !

We have more experience to train them,more things to sell & more money to invest there...keep dreaming buddy...

You simply doesnt have money to invest,or things to sell..

Saudi scientists to visit India to seek ISRO’s cooperation - The Hindu

http://www.ficci.com/international/75148/Project_docs/India-Saudi-Economic--Relations.pdf

Chidambaram highlights need for strategic energy partnership | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Bilateral Investments

The bilateral investment between the two countries is growing steadily. Since mid-2000, a
number of Indian firms have taken advantage of the new Saudi laws and established joint
venture projects or wholly-owned subsidiaries in the Kingdom. According to Saudi Arabian
General Investment Authority (SAGIA), as of 31.01.2006 to 31.12.2010 it has issued 426 licenses to Indian companies for joint ventures/100% owned entities, which are expected to bring total investment of US$ 1624.60 million in Saudi Arabia (as per latest figures available). These
licenses are for projects in diverse sectors such as management and consultancy services,
construction projects, telecommunications, information technology, pharmaceuticals, etc.

Moreover, several Indian companies have established collaborations with Saudi companies and are working in the Kingdom in the areas of designing, consultancy, financial services and
software development
. On 12.12.12, Tata has signed a letter of intent to establish factory in
Saudi Arabia to produce 50,000 Land Rovers a year by 2017. The initial investment is estimated at US$1.2 billion

Last edited:
japan , afghanistan , america
and now saudi arabia once again good policy by upa government

Saudis will do anything ; Hindu-stan will be pimped to divorce Iran and lay off Syria.
Thats what you think reality is ofcourse different.
Now, at this moment in time, I want you to open comments some couple of years ago regarding the Indian stance, and tell me how that is changed regarding Iranian fuel purchase, Syria, etc.
India doubles Iran oil imports in January from December: Reports
since you are fist down in blowing your own horn,... how about going through Saudi stance on Kashmir.
Doesnt matter,we only care about trade and investments

• As per newspaper "The agreement will be on joint military exercises, hardware sales and transfer of technology". Now this is something which you need to read with caution and analyze. My question here would be, is Saudi Arabia procuring (or planning to procure) things from India which it could get from Pakistan and is it rather purchasing from India because of purchase preference? Think on the question and repeat it few times before you answer
Okay then, one of fields they are interested in co-operating with us is Space exploration.Can they get that from Pakistan?

Stop equating yourself with a 7 times larger country.

[quote="Abingdonboy, post: 5299419, member: 28303"

The Indian Army's High-altitdue Warfare School (HAWS) and Siachin Battle School (SBS) are lauded internationally as world-class mountain warfare schools that have trained troops from all over the world including SFs of US, UK, France, Russia, France etc. The IA maintains, arguably, one of the finest mountain fighting wings in the world. So, yes, there is a reason that SA has shown interest in this.[/quote]
So is ours so whats yr point?
In the mountain warfare we always hold an upper hand on u, Kargil is an example.

@Topic
We should launch a diplomatic concern over this if its really true. If that doesnt work we can always offer Iran the same.:azn:

these 3 parts made me dance.... :yay::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::yay:

and given the fact that number of terrorists were nabbed and handed over to Indian authorities in recent times , we have every reason to trust Saudi Arabia although traditionally it remained one of the channel to fund and funnel anti India activities in past .

Its a big shift in the geopolitical arena. It have many strategic, economic and political meanings and implementations.

It's great development no doubt but it's too early to conclude that it's big shift in geo-political arena.
India is an emerging market with global appeal with 2'nd largest Muslim population in the world .
Saudi Arabia has taken note of India's potential and capability ....but it will be too early to see this as a geo-political shift .

In coming years many countries will re-orient their policies to include India in their equation ...which is kind of balancing act .

I do not think we should read too much into it ...at least for now !

Last edited:
Okay then, one of fields they are interested in co-operating with us is Space exploration.Can they get that from Pakistan?

Stop equating yourself with a 7 times larger country.

you would have learned the same from my post if you had attempted to read that.
Second, get out of size delusions as you purchase equipment from israel and do I need to tell you how many times it is smaller to you?

Oh right. A Shia, I knew it. . _____ .
Dude, I'm not a big fan of religions, please stop bring 'em up every time we talk.

i know it is not you. it is a divide that is created by Saudi monarchs. Look at the whole mess in Arabia and unfortunately in our country too but still we are better. anyway it is not the discussion here.

Lets not forget Pakistan has 1 enemy state and 1 country with-which it fought wars. Our conflict of interests with India are undoubted. If Saudi Arabia is keeping Pakistan as an ally, it knows what cost it must pay and if it choose India as an ally, it still knows the cost it must pay. Weather Pakistan is better than India or not is a separate debate but It stands a FACT that out of two, you can only pick one as your ally and the recent visit of Saudi Crown Prince has proven what matters to them and what not. For the trading, India is welcomed. Even Pakistan does trade with India.. doesn't it?

Any questions?
No questions but to answer your diatribe above, you are painting the situation as a zero sum game.

What 'cost' as you say, would KSA pay if it chooses India as an ally? What are you going to do about it? Nuke SA/India? Or stop your trade with KSA, amounting to a paltry $4.5 billion annually, which is peanuts? To put you wise, Saudi Arabia is the 4th largest trading partner of India and the bilateral trade is $36 billion and growing - seven times that of Pakistan's trade with KSA!

So, you're comparing apples and oranges.

Secondly what do you mean by 'they can pick only one as an ally'? Heck! Can't a country have more than one ally? Silly argument.

Any Questions?

you would have learned the same from my post if you had attempted to read that.
Second, get out of size delusions as you purchase equipment from israel and do I need to tell you how many times it is smaller to you?

Israel is damn good at some 'niche technologies' avionics,radars,HDMS,SARs that even US purchases from them.So?Are you equating yourself to Israel?Tell me a product you can make & India cant ? There are many things a larger country can Do-Space exploration is a fine example,& do you know that we have launched Israeli satellites?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom