What's new

India may become 5th-largest manufacturing nation: Report

good for India, can´t wait to see that happens. So China is dooooomed?

from the article
With China's manufacturing competitiveness losing sheen fast, challengers are aggressively vying for a bigger piece of the USD 8.8 trillion1 global manufacturing pie. India, with its large working population and low labour costs (or substantial labour-cost competitiveness) is at a distinct advantage, and can grab a lion's share, the report added.

I never knew that we were the 9th largest manufacturing nation!

how old are you?or,how many silly decades have you experienced?

how many decades did we have our demographic dividend??and how many decades ago did we start our reforms??ringing any bells??we have just started to grow unlike u whi started ur growth 2 decades ago u atmost have a decade to grow from now.if ur economy grows sufficient enough to support ur old then it survives or it collapse would be a disaster.we have a luxury of 4 decades from now so by the time we reach our peak growth u'll be facing some serious issues...we've just started our second phase of reforms and have lot to do.with all these loop holes we're achieving a growth rate of 6-9 imagine what would be our growth rate after the refoms..u've almost reached ur zenith..i'm 25 now and im sure that i'll live to the day when india would become a leading producer from a hair pin to a jet plane..just a matter of time buddy..just a matter of time..i know hard to digest some facts..but theres no other choice :p

how many decades did we have our demographic dividend??and how many decades ago did we start our reforms??ringing any bells??we have just started to grow unlike u whi started ur growth 2 decades ago u atmost have a decade to grow from now.if ur economy grows sufficient enough to support ur old then it survives or it collapse would be a disaster.we have a luxury of 4 decades from now so by the time we reach our peak growth u'll be facing some serious issues...we've just started our second phase of reforms and have lot to do.with all these loop holes we're achieving a growth rate of 6-9 imagine what would be our growth rate after the refoms..u've almost reached ur zenith..i'm 25 now and im sure that i'll live to the day when india would become a leading producer from a hair pin to a jet plane..just a matter of time buddy..just a matter of time..i know hard to digest some facts..but theres no other choice :p

Are you really referring to the things you are saying as "facts"?

How can anything four decades into the future be known as a fact?

Doesn't matter who predicted it. So many articles (mainly about India), it's beyond silly now.

u think india cant do it??inspite of this global slowdown we still managed to grow at 5% next to china and indonesia.its estimated at 6% this year and grows from then on..we've shown 9% growth previously and we'll do it again.our profits in manufacturing sector increased by 80% from 2000 to 2010 when the avg growth rate is not even 3%.and with this growth rate..hahaha

Are you really referring to the things you are saying as "facts"?

How can anything four decades into the future be known as a fact?

well u've done it.and we're already doing it.i dont see any reason stopping us from doing it.i dnt think u'll contradict with me.we have investments coming in .we have markets. we're reforming both the economy and administration.we have skilled and unskilled labor,our remittances are increasing ,our rupee value is 54 times lower than a dollar.so we have many strengths here..

fellow INDIAN brothers, please stop talking about projections, lets do it and then talk about it.
Right now we do not have the high grounds to tell the world what we will be, but we do have the high grounds at telling what we have achieved in 67 years of independence.
Though I would like not to brag about the achievements

All these "may", "planning", "in the future", blah, blah, blah articles/threads make India look like a joke.

Just STFU, keep your head down and get the F on. Actions speak louder then words. Stop all this nonsense "may", "planning", "in the future". So damn annoying.

Boston Consultancy Group reported it and we are just analyzing it. We know the challenges that lie ahead. We know a lot of talent have been ignoring this manufacturing sector. The share of manufacturing remained low...in the 14-16 per cent range. The share is modest when compared to that of China (above 40 per cent) and some of the East Asian countries (above 30 per cent). Key is to provide enough power, improve basic infrastructure and establish training centers to provide skilled manpower for this growing sector. If requires concerted effort from private and govt. institutions to grow this sector and the effort is on to create mega industrial zones to add 100 million jobs and increase manufacturing sector to 25% share of GDP by 2025.

All these "may", "planning", "in the future", blah, blah, blah articles/threads make India look like a joke.

Just STFU, keep your head down and get the F on. Actions speak louder then words. Stop all this nonsense "may", "planning", "in the future". So damn annoying.

Boston Consultancy Group reported it and we are just analyzing it. We know the challenges that lie ahead. We know a lot of talent have been ignoring this manufacturing sector. The share of manufacturing remained low...in the 14-16 per cent range. The share is modest when compared to that of China (above 40 per cent) and some of the East Asian countries (above 30 per cent). Key is to provide enough power, improve basic infrastructure and establish training centers to provide skilled manpower for this growing sector. If requires concerted effort from private and govt. institutions to grow this sector and the effort is on to create mega industrial zones to add 100 million jobs and increase manufacturing sector to 25% share of GDP by 2025.

This thread is all abt projections and estimations, so it ois better to discuss the possibilities and drawbacks.

India has huge work force. which is cheap and young,India can produce goods even for Chinese if we can get the manufacturing policy correctly implemented.

I am optimistic here and that is the right way I think :).

Analysts made projections and forecasts for several years to come,with their confidence hiding the most basic fact:
"How can you really tell dude?!?"

oh,25,too young to know your own history,didnt your grandpa tell you that India has been among top 10 industrial countries since you got independence in 1947?

oh,25,too young to know your own history,didnt your grandpa tell you that India has been among top 10 industrial countries since you got independence in 1947?

haha is that what u got??u can do better troll..we've increased our profits by 80% in manufacturing sector from last decade with an avg growth rate not even more than 3..we have 5% growth rate now and it'll be increasing from now on..;)

haha is that what u got??u can do better troll..we've increased our profits by 80% in manufacturing sector from last decade with an avg growth rate not even more than 3..we have 5% growth rate now and it'll be increasing from now on..;)
what you are doing and what you Will do has nothing to do with me,i respect what had happened only.BTW,before coming to the top,you have to
surpass our guangDong,shanDong,jiangsu province as well as some countries,good luck.

Back
Top Bottom