What's new

India among world's top 10 manufacturing nations: UNIDO

So where would be getting the food? Agri and its related economy should be developed. For example, agricultural needs, such as tractors , motors, fertilizers can be manufactured and exported in a large scale, helping both agri and manufacturing. More machining is req in agriculture nowadays.

Increasing the share of manufacturing in GDP does not mean decreasing food output. If we increase manufacturing, naturally its percentage in the GDP will go up. Does that mean food output will fall? Increasing manufacturing does not decrease food production in anyway, and on the contrary, coulld even boost food production.

Yes, more mechanization in agriculture is absolutely essential. I was talking about agriculture's overall share in GDP - that is so high because our manufacturing is so low.

In the US, the share of agriculture to GDP is only 1.2%, and yet they are one of the biggest food producers in the world - more than self sufficient, and exporting it as well. Agriculture's share does not have to be large to feed the population. In fact, increasing the share of manufacture to GDP actually increases the purchasing power of people, which means they will be able to purchase more food and other agro products. When agriculture's share is so frigging large, what happens is that people remain too poor to consume what is produced - and that is the reason for hunger and malnutrition in India today - not because we don't produce enough food, but because people don't have money to purchase the food that is produced, unless subsidized by the govt.

mfg1.jpg
thanks.any info about the top 10?i think india will still be at 10.

we even need to produce more food grains.......once i have read somewhere that the foodgrains we produce isnt enuff to feed all the Indians......looks like we are importing :undecided::undecided:

yeah this was shared in another thread.......i meant any info on the ranking and present status of Indian manufacturing

china is leading......we know this

I am afraid, unless we bring in a birth control measure for the good of this nation, we are doomed in future with scarse land and water resources, and poverty shall be never ending.

I am afraid, unless we bring in a birth control measure for the good of this nation, we are doomed in future with scarse land and water resources, and poverty shall be never ending.

south India already stabilised and within that kerala population is contracting .Some northern states population also stabilised like Punjab.UP,Bihar and some other sates are still a problem.But there is hope for that.
On the topic .That is not enough we need to increase manufacturing share.

yeah.....2 child policy like china's 1 child policy

but implementing is very difficult.......India is a democratic country..........its almost impossible from India point of view

That's the problem. You would notice that all developed countries have a larger share of manufacturing than agri. An agrarian economy cannot be prosperous and competitive in this age. We really need to shift at least partly to a manufacturing and industrialized economy, instead of relying on agriculture for most of our GDP.

Agriculture, Manufacturing and services can co-exist. We need to improve all of them. Our per-hectare output in agriculture is abysmal. If we can improve it, Just imagine the boost it would give to our economy

Agriculture, Manufacturing and services can co-exist. We need to improve all of them. Our per-hectare output in agriculture is abysmal. If we can improve it, Just imagine the boost it would give to our economy

Yes, they all need to improve. But the fact is that when manufacturing improves, it will automatically increase its share in the GDP, because by definition it produces secondary goods, with more economic value. That is not to say we shouldn't imrpove agriculture.

south India already stabilised and within that kerala population is contracting .Some northern states population also stabilised like Punjab.UP,Bihar and some other sates are still a problem.But there is hope for that.
On the topic .That is not enough we need to increase manufacturing share.
yeah.....2 child policy like china's 1 child policy

but implementing is very difficult.......India is a democratic country..........its almost impossible from India point of view

Well we have to take tough decisions. Look at Chinese. If not for their one child policy, their population would have crossed 2.5 billion for now, and that way poverty was reduced and defeated. Some of the methods they did was in more than 1 word inhuman and brutal.
We can put rules like only with 2 kids can stand for election, even for panchayat elections, free food coverage is strictly provided only to a family of four, free health insurance only to 2 kids. Only then these guys shall come to senses. Not to forget Muslims, who will oppose anything like that. They want to show growth through population. But they must be educated.
UP, Bihar, MP, WB is where the majority of our population is. I dont think, there will a slowdown soon. Population growth in India slowed overall, due to decrease in South States. It will take a lot of time and lot of people to be born in poverty for a reduction in population explosion in those states. Sadly

Well we have to take tough decisions. Look at Chinese. If not for their one child policy, their population would have crossed 2.5 billion for now, and that way poverty was reduced and defeated. Some of the methods they did was in more than 1 word inhuman and brutal.
We can put rules like only with 2 kids can stand for election, even for panchayat elections, free food coverage is strictly provided only to a family of four, free health insurance only to 2 kids. Only then these guys shall come to senses. Not to forget Muslims, who will oppose anything like that. They want to show growth through population. But they must be educated.
UP, Bihar, MP, WB is where the majority of our population is. I dont think, there will a slowdown soon. Population growth in India slowed overall, due to decrease in South States. It will take a lot of time and lot of people to be born in poverty for a reduction in population explosion in those states. Sadly
I live in M.P.,the situation is improvng very fast........

States that you mentioned .I think its population stabilisation start only after 2040,especially UP.30 crore people in one state, that ridiculous and it also a fertile land for riots and dirty politics in 1980's .
Tamil Nadu .karnataka and AP population began to contract after 2020 and all other states except you mentioned will stabilised after 2030.That sure.
Tough decision not going to work here.Its always vote bank politics and democracy

States that you mentioned .I think its population stabilisation start only after 2040,especially UP.30 crore people in one state, that ridiculous and it also a fertile land for riots and dirty politics in 1980's .
Tamil Nadu .karnataka and AP population began to contract after 2020 and all other states except you mentioned will stabilised after 2030.That sure
I dont know about other states but population in M.P. will get under control by 2030 for sure......

OP's stats are from 2010, UN has already released 2012 stats (United Nations Statistics Division - National Accounts)

Total manufacturing output in USD for 2012:

1 China 2,556,032,874,375
2 United States 1,993,792,694,304
3 Japan 1,107,680,687,171
4 Germany 686,578,945,311
5 South Korea 315,885,233,564
6 Italy 279,917,183,345
7 Russia 262,378,979,571
8 Brazil 253,805,018,367
9 India 239,526,996,470
10 France 233,108,469,183
11 United Kingdom 219,533,466,624
12 Indonesia 210,176,258,694
13 Mexico 205,000,814,587
14 Canada 185,632,228,147
15 Spain 161,779,564,642

India is the weakest of the BRIC, but it's still doing better than Indonesia, Mexico, France and UK

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom