What's new

India Can Export Fighter Planes, Missiles, Says DRDO Chief

Dude!! Get this straight in... DRDO is not exporting weapons for the plain fact that India does not have a defence export policy like other nations. India is now beginning to create a defence export mechanism. About the quality and things we produce, there are buyers for it. Afterall not everyone in this world can afford goodies from 1st world nations.
Dont dude me mate !!! look at the track record .... that speaks volumes about what i mean ....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah..paper planes may be.

the shit known as tejas can't even fly after decades of development..and is already late.

iaf has no operational squadron as of yet.....but delusional bhartis want their delusional sheeps (indian people) to think that they can export that shit. LOL

So is JSF/ F-35......the only export customer for PAKFA is India which invested in the project like PAF did for JF-17.

No,I said PAKFA not FGFA

They are not able to develop one single fighter jets for their own Air Force

Absolute BS,we did that 50 years ago.

marut-3.jpg

Dude!! Get this straight in... DRDO is not exporting weapons for the plain fact that India does not have a defence export policy like other nations. India is now beginning to create a defence export mechanism. About the quality and things we produce, there are buyers for it. Afterall not everyone in this world can afford goodies from 1st world nations.

The production capabilities of our defence industries are so crap that we can hardly meet the demands of our own military and people start talking about exports....

The production capabilities of our defence industries are so crap that we can hardly meet the demands of our own military and people start talking about exports....

People are dreaming...... Nothing wrong init.... But then dreams need to be kept secret......Not to be discussed in a press conference.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah..paper planes may be.

the shit known as tejas can't even fly after decades of development..and is already late.

iaf has no operational squadron as of yet.....but delusional bhartis want their delusional sheeps (indian people) to think that they can export that shit. LOL
Forget about LCA , you F-16 was failed in Tests, and F-16 is your frontline best plane.... don't know what is standard of PAF is , by this can understand what is standard of PAF is , whose best plane is F-16 which failed in Indian evaluations ;)

We can never meet domestic Demands, Because the corrupt Bastards will never take indian product. I think DRDO Should snub Indian forces and start exporting Stuffs.. The Defense procurement departement is more corrupt than Congress..

We can never meet domestic Demands, Because the corrupt Bastards will never take indian product. I think DRDO Should snub Indian forces and start exporting Stuffs.. The Defense procurement departement is more corrupt than Congress..

I was talking about things like the production rate. Even if Indian organizations order Indian designed products it usually takes too much time till they can deliver.

And just because they dont take Indian products, it does not mean that they are corrupt. That is a dumbed down and simplistic attempt to explain this issue

you missed my point.Flankers,Twin Engine Heavy fighter Jet.same goes for Mig-29.there is no news on Afghan AF procuring jets.Philippines got only 12 FA-50,which is light attack category.plus,who says Nepal and Bhutan doesn't need any Fighter Jets??but what they'll get is on which generally we've something to propose.

FA-50 is a very capable Jet developed on the basis of F-16 it will feature AESA as well no point in Philippines picking up another aircraft of same category, it can be customized further.

However your only sales could be to vietnam replacing Mig-21s provided vietnam pays hard cash unlike softloans that russians offered.

Testing and evaluation is one thing, How can India even talk about exporting any fighter jets until the LCA has been inducted into squadron service and made operational.
Because just like Jf 17 its still in the same phase.One is inducted as they don't have any options to replace while another got alot and want LCA to be full fledged warmachine not some half cooked cookie without BVR or refuelling pod.

Because just like Jf 17 its still in the same phase.One is inducted as they don't have any options to replace while another got alot and want LCA to be full fledged warmachine not some half cooked cookie without BVR ( when it was inducted ) or refuelling pod .

:)

This thread has lost its track! Just a few points to put the focus back on key issues.

This is not only about LCA!

Why do we forget that Dhruva, Rudra, LCH, Akash, pragati and many others (like EW systems,SONARS etc.) have a much higher potential of being a successful export than LCA?

In fact, LCA should be last on the list of exportable items. Selecting a fighter aircraft is an extremely difficult choice for any country . LCA has a long way to go before it can be considered a serious choice for any other country ( not capability wise but credibility wise). And I do feel IAF should have inducted it at IOC 2 level. It would certainly have helped.

2. "Production" issues?

As for the assumption that exports will hamper the fulfillment of domestic demands, it is incorrect for many items which are ordered in huge numbers like Akash. Any export order will certainly be only a fraction of the domestic one and can be accommodated with some clever management. (LCA though will suffer on this count)
With a clear policy and firm backing from the govt. ; production can be ramped up with much less hassle than expected.

3. Why Dr. A. Chander is shouting from rooftops?

Two reasons,
a.) Its marketing! You have to project your product/s

b.) More imp, it stems from the core sarkari attitude of pleasing one's boss. Mr. Modi has made it clear the def export is the buzzword and hence the enthusiasm from DRDO. Though it does bode well for the overall export effort.

4. What about the ecosystem required for a successful defence export?

I will just quote this excellent post.

Weapons exports have to work in tandem with economic investments and vested interests. China, Usa and Russia don't just supply weapons, they economically bound the country and give them lucrative offers. China provides cheap loans from its banks in return for defence and infrastructure contracts. India must increase its investment and manufacturing capacity if it wants to compete with China and Russia.

DRDO chief is right, we do need a proper defence policy for exports.

I can say that groundwork for this is definitely being done!

Last edited:
FA-50 is a very capable Jet developed on the basis of F-16 it will feature AESA as well no point in Philippines picking up another aircraft of same category, it can be customized further.

However your only sales could be to vietnam replacing Mig-21s provided vietnam pays hard cash unlike softloans that russians offered.

its true that FA-50 would be a capable jet.but you failed to understand that its not in the same class,nor perform the same role of Tejas.

Philippines probably will not opt for any fighter jet any time soon.but I'm giving one example as India is recently expanding its presence in Philippines Arms Market.Recently,GRSE entered into a competition to make frigates for them.so,I included it.

about Vietnam,they need to replace both Su-22 and Mig-21.Tejas could fill both role.as saying the Tejas might have a lucrative market,but we've to first fill our domestic demand.so,chances of export anytime soon is dim.

Back
Top Bottom